IGT: Chicago Bulls vs San Antonio Spurs 7:00PM TNT

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Did he? No idea. I did read that he played 45 seconds of the 4th and came out due to "stiffness" or whatever. But since the game was a blowout anyway, perhaps he was just trying to weasel his way out of playing extra minutes he knew Thibs would make him play lol

Rose get's it.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rose get's it.

Sam Smith ‏@SamSmithHoops

Rose on asking out after 47 secs in 4th: "We were up 20, so what is the point? I wanted to give the other guys a chance. I feel fine.”
I win! :yes:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
McD won't get minutes if Thib's doesn't play him. It pisses me off. And you're right, exactly what I've been saying. McD needs minutes with the starters too, especially with Pau so Pau can dish the ball to him for wide open 3's.

McD is a sniper, not a slasher. He should be doing exactly what Korver is doing for ATL. Once McD hits a couple 3's, it will open up the lanes for our slashers. Look what Korver is doing for ATL. McD has this ability to drill the 3 like Korver. Remember, Korver only shot 39% from 3 his rookie year.

It's exactly why the Bulls miss Dunn so much. He was doing just this for the Bulls.
I agree that McD should be used like Korver is in Atlanta in terms of getting him 3s. The Rip Hamilton single double screen thing is not really what should be run 90% of the time for him. I mention slashing because McDermott can do more than just shoot 3s. Yes he is absolutely a sniper, but he is not only a sniper. He knows what do to if he's around the rim. I suggest this just to try to get the most out of his game. Imo he's more like Wally Szczerbiak than Korver...someone who can definitely shoot, but is capable of driving and/or posting if he's got right matchup.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I agree that McD should be used like Korver is in Atlanta in terms of getting him 3s. The Rip Hamilton single double screen thing is not really what should be run 90% of the time for him. I mention slashing because McDermott can do more than just shoot 3s. Yes he is absolutely a sniper, but he is not only a sniper. He knows what do to if he's around the rim. I suggest this just to try to get the most out of his game. Imo he's more like Wally Szczerbiak than Korver...someone who can definitely shoot, but is capable of driving and/or posting if he's got right matchup.

Oh don't get me wrong, McD can do a lot more then just shoot 3's. This is why I'm so high on him. The best way he can help right away tho, imo, is to hit some 3's. Imagine what he could do once he establishes his 3. The man can shoot, just watch his highlights.

Thib's is an idiot for breaking him down by using him the wrong way. He did the same thing to Korver. If Thib's used Korver properly he'd probably still be here.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh don't get me wrong, McD can do a lot more then just shoot 3's. This is why I'm so high on him. The best way he can help right away tho, imo, is to hit some 3's. Imagine what he could do once he establishes his 3. The man can shoot, just watch his highlights.
I totally agree. His main value is his shooting. He's got a quick, smooth release that looks like money every time. Just got to get him comfortable so when he lets it fly it's like a 3pt layup.

Thib's is an idiot for breaking him down by using him the wrong way. He did the same thing to Korver. If Thib's used Korver properly he'd probably still be here.
He got spoiled by Ray Allen and then actually having Rip Hamilton to run that offense with. Korver would still be here if the FO wasn't cheap as heck.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Last edited:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
where is the hawk at? surprised he hasn't posted ripping Hinrich

lets hope for the teams sake he improves after all-star...i can't take much more

I'm here and have been posting. I've also been having one killer cold that I can't shake....just when my golf game was coming back too!!! BTW....... how'd you like that look on the "Cap'ns" face when he fumbled that ball out of bounds with no one around him last night?????? Priceless:)

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe Snell will take over, they'll ease McDermott back in and then Hinrich will sit on the bench.

Slowly Snell has shown improvement, especially defensive improvement. He is still very weak as a ball handler but he is improving over-all.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I'm here and have been posting. I've also been having one killer cold that I can't shake....just when my golf game was coming back too!!! BTW....... how'd you like that look on the "Cap'ns" face when he fumbled that ball out of bounds with no one around him last night?????? Priceless:)

and its the 2nd time he did that in 2 games

just brutal

he did make one scrappy play that i recall but it was not enough make up for the blooper reel plays he made

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Guys, why are you getting so animated about Thibs not playing a rookie, who is recovering from knee surgery, and was struggling mightly even before getting injured? Even with the large lead last night, what would have been the point of playing McD 12-15 mins when he hasn't even seen 1 minute on the floor in well over a month? He needs time to get his conditioning back. You don't just throw a player coming back from injury, who's barely had practice time, out on the floor for extended minutes.

McD will get minutes but he has to EARN them. He has not done that yet. He can do that by practicing hard, playing within himself, and within the team concept. Early in the season he was given the minutes because he was the #1 pick, and it was clear, he wasn't ready to play those kinds of minutes yet. He'll get there but this year likely won't be that year, especially with Mirotic being able to play spot minutes at the 3 & Snell steadily improving.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
dude's got BG dribble syndrome :troll:

ibuTFrcq4HjNBQ.gif