People a bit too comfortable taking shots at Rose's perceived lack of intelligence!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Context?

Liked Posts:
"Perceived"?...lol...you make laugh, you make joke, you put ha ha In my coke.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
It needs to stop. People can comprehend. Snarkiness is not a good look.

Who are you, his mom?

Rose is not an articulate public speaker, and he's said some very stupid things publicly.

You want everyone to ignore that because why?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who are you, his mom?

Rose is not an articulate public speaker, and he's said some very stupid things publicly.

You want everyone to ignore that because why?

None of us know whether the guy is smart or not. What he cannot do is speak well. I've said before that if I was his agent, I'd have the guy get a tutor and take speech lessons. I'mn old fart and remember Bill walton when he was in college. He had a bad speech impairment which John Wooden got help for him with. It wasn't that he was dumb. Far from it. Walton was/is a very smart guy. I just think that unfortunately it is human nature to make fun of perceived weaknesses in people. I am as guilty of it as anyone BTW.

Liked Posts:
What needs to stop is all the apologists sticking up for him. It's like some people feel he's entitled to their loyalty because he's from Chicago. Millions of people are from Chicago and not all of them are awesome. It's sadly delusional and a pathetic reason for not being intellectually honest.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
FWIW, I know some people from his high school who've told me rather candidly that he would have scored in the single digits on the ACT.

Liked Posts:
None of us know whether the guy is smart or not. What he cannot do is speak well. I've said before that if I was his agent, I'd have the guy get a tutor and take speech lessons. I'mn old fart and remember Bill walton when he was in college. He had a bad speech impairment which John Wooden got help for him with. It wasn't that he was dumb. Far from it. Walton was/is a very smart guy. I just think that unfortunately it is human nature to make fun of perceived weaknesses in people. I am as guilty of it as anyone BTW.

You make it seem like people are glad Rose is dumb so they can have something to make fun of. Doubtful. I think most people would prefer that he's not stupid and doesn't say stupid things. The bigger question is at what point do some people get tired of defending him. At what point do those people allow themselves to be honest about it and call it what it is. That's the bigger issue.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

actually its very well known that he isn't very intelligent from an intellectual standpoint. they had to fake his SAT/ACT scores just to get him into the university of Memphis the one year he went there. if it wasn't for basketball he would probably be working at a mcdonalds, or worse in a gang and either already dead or in prison. that being said, his lack of intelligence doesn't make him a bad person or anything like that. he is actually IMO a very good person, just not very smart

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
You make it seem like people are glad Rose is dumb so they can have something to make fun of. Doubtful. I think most people would prefer that he's not stupid and doesn't say stupid things. The bigger question is at what point do some people get tired of defending him. At what point do those people allow themselves to be honest about it and call it what it is. That's the bigger issue.

the biggest issue is his brother. that's who feeds a lot of the stupidity into his head

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Yet Rose was the only Bulls player with big enough balls to call his team out! But yea he's stupid :obama:

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
who cares

Rose was born to play ball

god could have gave him better knees to handle that ridiculous amount of athleticism tho...def an oversight on his part
:troll:

Liked Posts:
the biggest issue is his brother. that's who feeds a lot of the stupidity into his head

Does it matter? Making the argument that he can't think for himself is rather feeble.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Does it matter? Making the argument that he can't think for himself is rather feeble.

did you read my post right before it?? apparently not, if you had you would have noticed I agree that rose isn't smart. not thinking for yourself is the dumbest thing you can do

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
who cares

Rose was born to play ball

god could have gave him better knees to handle that ridiculous amount of athleticism tho...def an oversight on his part
:troll:
For all you know now he has invincible knees

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
You know he is a horrible public speaker and you know he isn't the brightest guy in the world but yet, you judge him based on everything he says in his interviews. You give him shit based on every small detail of his interviews and press conferences which he is forced to do.

That's like putting Brian Scalabrine on the court, ask him to drop 20 points and when he doesn't, you give him shit about it.

Look at his actions and interactions with teammates and that's how you judge D Rose.

Cue 2323 bringing up him sitting out two years ago and whining and bitching.

Liked Posts:
Yet Rose was the only Bulls player with big enough balls to call his team out! But yea he's stupid :obama:

Rose was one of the biggest culprits when it came to a lack of effort. And truthfully, Rose wasn't the only one talking at the team meeting. Rose, however, is the only one running to the media about it.

Liked Posts:
You know he is a horrible public speaker and you know he isn't the brightest guy in the world but yet, you judge him based on everything he says in his interviews. You give him shit based on every small detail of his interviews and press conferences which he is forced to do.

That's like putting Brian Scalabrine on the court, ask him to drop 20 points and when he doesn't, you give him shit about it.

Look at his actions and interactions with teammates and that's how you judge D Rose.

Cue 2323 bringing up him sitting out two years ago and whining and bitching.

No. A better analogy would be letting you post on a message board. People shouldn't be surprised when it's hot garbage.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
No. A better analogy would be letting you post on a message board. People shouldn't be surprised when it's hot garbage.

Your basically admitting defeat with that post.

Status
Not open for further replies.