Trouble in Boers/Bernstein Land - I Can't Be the Only One to Notice?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Is Les Grobstein on the Score? Because he followed me on Twatter. I hope one day he uses me as a source, whoever he is.

ZAN

Liked Posts:
I always enjoy how the people who profess to hate Bernstein nonetheless dutifully continue to line his pockets by listening to his show every day.

It's not a hatred. I find Dan to be very annoying but I kinda like Terry...and I enjoy the who ya crappin segments....but I immediately turn it off if they go on political tirades.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I don't catch much more than 20 or 30 minutes of their show a day. But I think that programmer is probably Matt Abattacola, who for a long has called Dan out on his shit. There are definitely times when he is like a mini-Dan, but he definitely keeps him in check, also heard Spiegel give Dan a bunch of shit earlier this week. It's good when people do that to Dan.
The day Abattacola takes over for Boers is the day I stop listening.

I think dan is a smartass pompous asshole who is hilarious.

I think Abattacola is a smartass pompous asshole who tries wayyyyy too hard.

ZAN

Liked Posts:
I just listened to transition from 1-22-14. Holy smokes. Spiegs called Dan a backtracking condescending jackass who is degrading to [Spiegel] every day of his life and to Mannelly (who spent the last 15 years at Halas was RIGHT ABOUT MARSHALL)...and that he turns off the radio every time he's on and his life becomes exponentially better.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
It's not a hatred. I find Dan to be very annoying but I kinda like Terry...and I enjoy the who ya crappin segments....but I immediately turn it off if they go on political tirades.
I've said it before but I live by Terry and know a family friend of his. Everything I've heard says Terry is a legit nice person and really cool guy. I met him once and he was super friendly.

Dan I heard on the other hand is exactly how he comes off on the radio.

ZAN

Liked Posts:
The day Abattacola takes over for Boers is the day I stop listening.

I think dan is a smartass pompous asshole who is hilarious.

I think Abattacola is a smartass pompous asshole who tries wayyyyy too hard.

I found Abattacola to be pretty normal guy until he spent so much time around Dan. Now he's a Dan clone who's willing to call him out on his BS. I don't think Matty is one iota as bad as Dan is in the pompous knowitall category....probably because he's not the voice of the show....

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
Grobber is the fucking greatest. As a musician - after gigs/rehearsals I listen to him frequently and it's fucking gold.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
I always enjoy how the people who profess to hate Bernstein nonetheless dutifully continue to line his pockets by listening to his show every day.

Reminds me of that scene from "Private Parts"

Researcher: The average radio listener listens for eighteen minutes. The average Howard Stern fan listens for - are you ready for this? - an hour and twenty minutes.
Pig Vomit: How can that be?
Researcher: Answer most commonly given? "I want to see what he'll say next."
Pig Vomit: Okay, fine. But what about the people who hate Stern?
Researcher: Good point. The average Stern hater listens for two and a half hours a day.
Pig Vomit: But... if they hate him, why do they listen?
Researcher: Most common answer? "I want to see what he'll say next."

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
As mentioned above, 670AM has some great radio guys. Mully is the best on either of the two major sports stations. Holmes is really good. Spiegal and Mannely are awesome. But man, Bitterstein sucks. I just can't believe he's been allowed to be on the radio for so long.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I'm a fan of most of the Score presenters. Laurence Holmes, B&B, Mully and Hanley, Grobber. I even like Spiegel when he's not acting like a bitch and having an embarrassing on-air meltdown whining about how mean his colleagues are.

It's pretty funny that I get more personal attacks on this board for liking Dan Bernstein than I ever did from the most committed Cutler fanboys. It's bizarre and I'd be lying if I said I get it, but I am amused by it.

Still not as much hate as you got (and rightfully so) for founding the Cult of Rex Grossman.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
mick didn't found it. we rexfolk were a community.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I've said it before but I live by Terry and know a family friend of his. Everything I've heard says Terry is a legit nice person and really cool guy. I met him once and he was super friendly.

Dan I heard on the other hand is exactly how he comes off on the radio.

I've heard the same about Dan - pretty much all his co-workers hate him.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
As mentioned above, 670AM has some great radio guys. Mully is the best on either of the two major sports stations. Holmes is really good. Spiegal and Mannely are awesome. But man, Bitterstein sucks. I just can't believe he's been allowed to be on the radio for so long.

Allowed has nothing to do with it.

As long as they continue to pull in ratings, he's going to be on air.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

[video=youtube;9G6xu-J_Dmc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G6xu-J_Dmc[/video]

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Speigel was defending his co-host from Bernstein's doucheyness....it was entertaining.