Trouble in Boers/Bernstein Land - I Can't Be the Only One to Notice?

ZAN

Liked Posts:
I've noticed a rift between Dan and the programmer over the last two weeks. They've kind of developed a hard-on for eachother.

The first time I noticed was a day when Dan was bashing every Bears caller Pace got hired. People called in to talk about Cutler, Marshall, scheme, coordinators, or the draft. No matter the topic Dan was screaming at the caller saying it wasn't an appropriate time to discuss any of those Bear related topics. Then a guy called in and asked to talk for 5 minutes about Bulls/Hawks coverage then since every other Bears topic was off-limits but Dan apparently wanted to discuss Bears. Dan shouted down the caller saying that Dan programs his own show. The director immediately muted Dan and said "No, Dan, I program your show."

Then two days ago a caller called to ask Dan about Charlie Weiss (Dan hates Charlie). The caller made a great point about "If you trust Pace (which Dan is on record saying he trusts Pace/Fox), then why not trust them to handle this Charlie Weiss situation appropriately." Dan screamed at the caller calling him stupid and all the other crazy shit Dan does to every caller. This guy actually brought up a good point. Dan screamed at him saying Weiss is a douchebag and "Have you followed Weiss?!" The caller said he was aware of Weiss. Dan immediately said "No you're not...you're lying" (like he always does to callers). Then the elitist toolbag namedropping Bernstein "Have you spoken to ANYONE that's been around Weiss?" - Then they muted the caller and went to commercial.

When they came back, the programmer started the segment by asking Dan why he has been spending the last 3 weeks shouting at callers and telling everyone who actually brings up a good point that "they don't know what [Dan] knows". Dan gets into an argument with his programmer by trying to talk over his programmer and yelling at the programmer. Programmer told Dan that he wasn't a caller and that he wasn't going to and didn't need to be yelled at...to have the debate in a civil manner. The programmer told Dan that if he knows something we don't...to share it instead of being cryptic about it instead of screaming at everyone...and also brought up some good points that Weiss' asshattery was at the college level and that he's been a solid OC at the NFL level at both NE and KC....etc etc etc...Dan was fumbling and saying "I don't like the guy"...Programmer says "winning is all the matters to you in the long haul...and if Charlie Weiss were to win...that it wouldn't matter." Dan of course, willing to sink a ship to not deviating stuck with the argument....I turned it off...

Now the programmer aired out Bernstein for back-tracking on the Marshall story now that it appears Pace wants to keep Brandon in Chicago.

What's going on in BNB land? I hate how Dan treats callers, but I'm loving how the producer/programmer is stepping in and owning Dan on a semi-daily basis lately. The funny thing is that Dan has no mute button for the producer. It's GOOD ASS RADIO right now.

sam slocum

Liked Posts:
You're gonna get in trouble. There's already a B&B thread, plus Bearmick is a B&B fanboy!

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm sure it's all deliberate!

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Are they down in the ratings as of late?

sam slocum

Liked Posts:
Maybe I was wrong, seems that the previous B&B thread has gone missing? OOPS, found it down below

ZAN

Liked Posts:
Yeah...sorry if this is in the wrong spot... :(

Love Da Bears

Liked Posts:
I don't catch much more than 20 or 30 minutes of their show a day. But I think that programmer is probably Matt Abattacola, who for a long has called Dan out on his shit. There are definitely times when he is like a mini-Dan, but he definitely keeps him in check, also heard Spiegel give Dan a bunch of shit earlier this week. It's good when people do that to Dan.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What's going on in BNB land? I hate how Dan treats callers, but I'm loving how the producer/programmer is stepping in and owning Dan on a semi-daily basis lately. The funny thing is that Dan has no mute button for the producer. It's GOOD ASS RADIO right now.

Not much.... mostly just working a lot. Hbu?

sam slocum

Liked Posts:
Yeah...sorry if this is in the wrong spot... :(

Hey, it's fine with me. I only catch them in spurts. Sometimes in my office when nobody is around, or on my drive home.

ZAN

Liked Posts:
I catch the 4:30-5:00pm block every day on my drive home. But it seems like every day or every other day there's a time where the producer is just filleting Dan.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You're gonna get in trouble. There's already a B&B thread, plus Bearmick is a B&B fanboy!

I'm a fan of most of the Score presenters. Laurence Holmes, B&B, Mully and Hanley, Grobber. I even like Spiegel when he's not acting like a bitch and having an embarrassing on-air meltdown whining about how mean his colleagues are.

It's pretty funny that I get more personal attacks on this board for liking Dan Bernstein than I ever did from the most committed Cutler fanboys. It's bizarre and I'd be lying if I said I get it, but I am amused by it.

sam slocum

Liked Posts:
It was good stuff yesterday when Speigal was letting Bernstein have it during the transition from one show to the next.

ZAN

Liked Posts:
What'd I miss on the transition block yesterday?

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
People like to rag on other people for liking professional wrestling. It's entertainment. Reminds me of pre-911 Mancow. Dude would do everything for ratings. Then after 911, the jokes and pranks were over, and then there was this "lock up everything you love and be afraid" vibe. Why? Ratings.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Abatacola has done it before. He has his shouting moments with Bernstein from time to time, and sometimes it's hard to determine whether he's being overly sarcastic just to get Dan riled up or he's being serious. He was definitely serious on the Charlie Weis thing.

Reactions: ZAN

GBlaze08

Member in Ommys mouth
Liked Posts:
I'm a fan of most of the Score presenters. Laurence Holmes, B&B, Mully and Hanley, Grobber. I even like Spiegel when he's not acting like a bitch and having an embarrassing on-air meltdown whining about how mean his colleagues are.

It's pretty funny that I get more personal attacks on this board for liking Dan Bernstein than I ever did from the most committed Cutler fanboys. It's bizarre and I'd be lying if I said I get it, but I am amused by it.

sig, check it. arent you sad you said that.