All-Star Weekend IGT

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Seems like it'd be a waste of time for the fans as well. I hope they didn't have to pay to get into that game.

I fell asleep as well! I couldn't even make it through the first period. I think it was something like 90 to 80 when I started to nod off.

It was 91-80....
c44f403bfb2ae25eab179688bfaf265a.jpg

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Looks like the players all had a handshake agreement before the match to just skate around, have fun, and let people shoot unobstructed. Pathetic.

Might be time to switch to baseball rules, East vs. West, winner gets home field during the SC. Guarantee that the Hawks players would lace their shit up and bust their ass for the win.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wonder what this says about us as a society? A friendly, family-orientated exhibition game amongst all-pros and we're in here screaming for heads to roll lol. Blood, damnit! MORE BLOOD! SOMEBODY RIP JOHNNY HOCKEY'S FUCKING HEAD OFF AND USE IT AS A PUCK!

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Looks like the players all had a handshake agreement before the match to just skate around, have fun, and let people shoot unobstructed. Pathetic.

Might be time to switch to baseball rules, East vs. West, winner gets home field during the SC. Guarantee that the Hawks players would lace their shit up and bust their ass for the win.

This must have been your first time watching the all star game. It's always been a non contact scrimmage match.

Home ice advantage might make it more interesting, but in hockey compared to baseball, one shot that goes off someone's ankle could be the end of their season. Way too many chances for injury.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
This must have been your first time watching the all star game. It's always been a non contact scrimmage match.

Home ice advantage might make it more interesting, but in hockey compared to baseball, one shot that goes off someone's ankle could be the end of their season. Way too many chances for injury.

That's the same logic that is used in the Pro Bowl. So why even bother playing the game? Just announced an all-star team, the players get the honor, and just don't have a game. You can have a bunch of skills challenges and then call it a weekend.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
That's the same logic that is used in the Pro Bowl. So why even bother playing the game? Just announced an all-star team, the players get the honor, and just don't have a game. You can have a bunch of skills challenges and then call it a weekend.

Don't think anyone is disagreeing with you.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
I don't understand people complaining about this game. Just don't watch if it's not your thing. Wanting them to change things so players take it more seriously is just dumb. That's just what the Hawks need. Toews going hard in a stupid fucking all-star game and suffering a season ending injury... Hockey isn't like other sports. Freak injuries happen ALL THE TIME. These guys just want to fuck off, have some fun, get a little sweat going, and get back to their team healthy... It is what it is.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I don't understand people complaining about this game. Just don't watch if it's not your thing. Wanting them to change things so players take it more seriously is just dumb. That's just what the Hawks need. Toews going hard in a stupid fucking all-star game and suffering a season ending injury... Hockey isn't like other sports. Freak injuries happen ALL THE TIME. These guys just want to fuck off, have some fun, get a little sweat going, and get back to their team healthy... It is what it is.

No point in playing the game then. Like I said, just do the skills challenges, give everyone a ring for being selected, and call it a weekend. The game is a waste of time, just like the pro bowl.

Variable

Liked Posts:
The MLB using the All Star game to determine home field advantage in the World Series is the worst idea in the long, sad history of bad ideas in trying to make any sport's all star game more appealing.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
No point in playing the game then. Like I said, just do the skills challenges, give everyone a ring for being selected, and call it a weekend. The game is a waste of time, just like the pro bowl.

They all are... This is nothing new.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
It's still a waste of time. The fact that they tied some kind of meaning to the result doesn't change that. It's the same game it was before the change.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:

Problem is, the NHL pumps it up so much to be such an exciting spectacle of the sport when in reality it's an embarrassment and boring. There's nothing involved that shows off the sport outside of how to be a good men's league player.

Just do the skills competition and be done with the game.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I don't think they pump it up all that much, really they did hype up the skills more and that' is the day that is actually entertaining.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
The target audience for games like this is not hardcore hockey fans. It's mostly for the kids. My seven year old son got a kick out of it. He asked me why nobody was playing defense and why there were so many goals being scored. I told him they are just out there playing for fun, and don't care about winning.

He understood that it isn't real hockey but still enjoyed watching it...

Again, what does it matter? If you don't like it, don't watch. There is a target audience, it's just not us. The players seem to enjoy it and were having fun. Sometimes it's good to show kids that it is still just a game, when all is said and done. It's supposed to be fun. That can be lost in the competitiveness a lot of the time.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
The target audience for games like this is not hardcore hockey fans. It's mostly for the kids. My seven year old son got a kick out of it. He asked me why nobody was playing defense and why there were so many goals being scored. I told him they are just out there playing for fun, and don't care about winning.

He understood that it isn't real hockey but still enjoyed watching it...

Again, what does it matter? If you don't like it, don't watch. There is a target audience, it's just not us. The players seem to enjoy it and were having fun. Sometimes it's good to show kids that it is still just a game, when all is said and done. It's supposed to be fun. That can be lost in the competitiveness a lot of the time.

I'm sure the players would love to have had the day off instead.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:

The more I think about it, the more this seems like the best solution.
Prost :beer: