1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
We have a ton of forwards now with Igboananike and Accam as DPs and then do Prado, Magee, Amarikwa and Nyarko.

Nyarko can move to midfield, and I suppose Magee could as well, but his value is much more limited there.

Magee could net some good value, but then again, player trades are somewhat rare in MLS still and who knows what happens if we get to the point of a lockout... but then again, with the playoffs more in reach with the extra spot, Magee is our only really proven big-time playoff performer, granted mostly with LA and/or MetroStars. Plus he's from Chicago.

What do you think?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Fire have a lot of forwards now, but isn't he still the only one proven to be worth anything so far? The new guys could come in and shit the bed, I'd at least wait until you confirm his heir apparent until you start trading you best forward. But I could be wrong completely about that.

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My only problem with that is that he was MVP for us just the other year and is a local guy. It's a hard decision to make.

As for the betterment of the team, I'd be ok with it. Depends what we get though because having depth is never a bad thing.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Fire have a lot of forwards now, but isn't he still the only one proven to be worth anything so far? The new guys could come in and shit the bed, I'd at least wait until you confirm his heir apparent until you start trading you best forward. But I could be wrong completely about that.

Fair point, but it is a packed house and I wouldn't think we'd be signing new DPs to not play them, but then again... Puppo, MacDonald and Anangono (though they played themselves out of their starting spots)

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I'm not against trading him. But if he ends up being the best of the bunch not only do the Fire lose him, then they have to play against him.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I'm not against trading him. But if he ends up being the best of the bunch not only do the Fire lose him, then they have to play against him.

And that man had a hat trick last time he played us.