Bears all time team

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I didn't say he was better than his peers, I said he belonged in the mix with them as a comparable, while you put him consistently below them all. You can't hide your butt hurt, Pride. Every time you struggle and respond with more nonsense about Forte, the mudness shines through.

No you didn't but that is okay. There is no butthurt here from me, it's from the guy who thinks forte is better than potential hall of famers because he catches more balls than them.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But he did, therefore he shouldn't be on this list. Harris also became lazy so it wasn't just injuries that derailed him

Three years of being a highly elite, game-changing 3-tech >>>> 6 years or whatever as decent run stuffer.

Ted Washington would be above Perry if he'd have come to the Bears a few years earlier.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Three years of being a highly elite, game-changing 3-tech >>>> 6 years or whatever as decent run stuffer.

Ted Washington would be above Perry if he'd have come to the Bears a few years earlier.

Got it. Three years of being great, then being horseshit the other years somehow is greater than several years of being good and part of the best bears team ever

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Got it. Three years of being great, then being horseshit the other years somehow is greater than several years of being good and part of the best bears team ever

Actually four years. 2004-2007. After that his career was basically over with injuries. I thought the point was the best Bears football players, not who happened to be on the best teams. Does Dick Butkus lose part of his greatness because he was on a bad team? Harris was completely elite for these four years. Perry wasn't a special player at all. He was a solid/decent run stuffer for 6 or 7 years.

Yeah, Harris > Perry seems clear to me.

It's equally bemusing to see Mike Richardson on there in the absence of Peanut. Better team does not = better player.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Covert, Hester, Forte, Wilber Marshall, Peanut and Brandon Marshall all should be on that list.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
what about briggs does he deserve a mention?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
It's like music, where it's always trendy to assume old stuff is better than new stuff. So I'll add a few changes with that in mind.

Offense -
Marshall in for Gault.
Forte in for Anderson.
Jimbo Covert in for one of these old timers from the 30s/40s.

Defense -
Peppers in for Hewitt (no way was some cigarette smoking two-way player from he 30s better than 2010 Julius Peppers.)
Tommie Harris in for Da Fridge.
Briggs in for Buffone.
Peanut in for Richardson

Special Teams -
Hester in for McAfee and Sayers.
Gould in for Butler.

To be fair, this article is almost 7 years old, so guys like Forte, Marshall, Peppers, Hester, and Gould either weren't Bears or weren't as great as now. I'd take your list, but I'd also put Cutler over Bill Wade. I'd also throw Bennett in over Moorehead. And I'd put a healthy Mike Brown over Mark Carrier all day.

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
Todd Sauerbrun makes my all time "Suck my peter because you're garbage" Bears team.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
where do you put peanut on your list of all time bears cb's?
#3. Allan Ellis was the most talented but his career was cut short. Then Roosevelt Taylor then Tillman

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
what about briggs does he deserve a mention?

Yeah I believe he's honorable mention. I don't think it goes beyond that just due to how great the Bears LBers have been throughout history. Someone with relative talent and accomplishments - playing a position like WR, QB, or TE would be a sure thing in terms of making the all time list.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
To be fair, this article is almost 7 years old, so guys like Forte, Marshall, Peppers, Hester, and Gould either weren't Bears or weren't as great as now. I'd take your list, but I'd also put Cutler over Bill Wade. I'd also throw Bennett in over Moorehead. And I'd put a healthy Mike Brown over Mark Carrier all day.

Didn't notice the age of the article, so it makes more sense now. Because there's now way Gault is better than Marshall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Todd Sauerbrun makes my all time "Suck my peter because you're garbage" Bears team.

I can't believe the Bears spent a second rounder on him. I think the Bears acquired an extra second round pick that year and justification at the time was that it's just an extra pick, so let's just take a punter. Unbelievable.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can't believe the Bears spent a second rounder on him. I think the Bears acquired an extra second round pick that year and justification at the time was that it's just an extra pick, so let's just take a punter. Unbelievable.

I seen saurbron play his college career guy was a god at wvu I once watched him punt a 98 yarder I can see why they made the pick just really don't understand how it didn't transfer over to the nfl