Miami vs BULLS on Sun Jan 25th at 12 Noon on ABC

Liked Posts:
We were mismatched today and Thibs failed to correct them. The bigs were making Whiteside look like Alonzo Mourning Jr., kirk hinrich had no business being in the game, especially after that airball....I thought McDermott was cleared to play??? Why is he not in the game. Niko came to play, he should've gotten more time....hell, even throw Naz or Cam in there, it couldn't have gotten any worse than it was today. Where was Moore, he should definitely be ahead of kirk in the rotation.......on to the next one

czman

Liked Posts:
Fire Thibs?

Not sure you can blame Thibs for Rose and Butler going 9 for 25 and scoring 24 points in ~76 minutes. At some point the guards have to hit shots, or you are not going to beat anyone.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Not sure you can blame Thibs for Rose and Butler going 9 for 25 and scoring 24 points in ~76 minutes. At some point the guards have to hit shots, or you are not going to beat anyone.

How about for Bad D? Heat only average 93 a game and they got 96 today (and that could have been much, much worse had the Heat not shot 1-13 from 3.

How about for being out rebounded? Heat are 30th in the league averaging 37 a game. They had 54 today, in Chicago.

Isn't Thibs supposedly known for his defensive acumen? It certainly isn't showing.

czman

Liked Posts:
How about for Bad D? Heat only average 93 a game and they got 96 today (and that could have been much, much worse had the Heat not shot 1-13 from 3.

How about for being out rebounded? Heat are 30th in the league averaging 37 a game. They had 54 today, in Chicago.

Isn't Thibs supposedly known for his defensive acumen? It certainly isn't showing.

The Bulls played with good energy for two games. They are back to putting forth crap effort. Thibs does not deserve to be fired. At the end of the season the team has to have a sit down with him and he has to recognize his areas of weakness. Stubbornness after this season should not be tolerated. He needs to take a hard look at what he is doing and understand that he doesn't do everything well and there is room for improvement.

At some point he has to show he can grow. Hopefully this season is the catalyst for the growth that is needed.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
The Bulls played with good energy for two games. They are back to putting forth crap effort. Thibs does not deserve to be fired. At the end of the season the team has to have a sit down with him and he has to recognize his areas of weakness. Stubbornness after this season should not be tolerated. He needs to take a hard look at what he is doing and understand that he doesn't do everything well and there is room for improvement.

At some point he has to show he can grow. Hopefully this season is the catalyst for the growth that is needed.

I'm not saying Thibs is a bad coach but not everyone is Popovich. Sometimes a change is needed for a variety of reasons. And I think Thibs' time in Chicago may be nearing an end.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
the thing is we coulda signed Whiteside over the corpse of Nazr

Whiteside is known as an asshole and has a humongous ego. That's why he fell to the 2nd round and hasn't gotten any nba burn up until this point. if the Bulls even considered him I'm sure that probably scared them off.

Liked Posts:
Whiteside is known as an asshole and has a humongous ego. That's why he fell to the 2nd round and hasn't gotten any nba burn up until this point. if the Bulls even considered him I'm sure that probably scared them off.

And the way he played today is only going to boost his ego. If the Bulls really were scared of that, then they should've remembered that one guy who was responsible for 6 banners that are hanging up in the UC

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
And the way he played today is only going to boost his ego. If the Bulls really were scared of that, then they should've remembered that one guy who was responsible for 6 banners that are hanging up in the UC

A lot of teams were scared off by it. The Heat are actually concerned about how he feels after having so much success. There's an article on it somewhere that pat Riley and spolstra are closely monitoring him to make sure he stays in check.

Thing is, he was considered a top 10 pick. Fell to the 2nd and then didn't get basically any burn for years...all from having an Inflated ego. That should tell you how bad it must be because the guy is actually good. We don't need a head case .

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Player A has a good game against the Bulls...

Posters, "We could have had that guy."

I hear the Bulls could have had Klay Thompson, ya know, the guy who just scored 52. They could have also had Blake Griffin, John Wall, and Lebron James.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Player A has a good game against the Bulls...

Posters, "We could have had that guy."

I hear the Bulls could have had Klay Thompson, ya know, the guy who just scored 52. They could have also had Blake Griffin, John Wall, and Lebron James.

Lol...my thinking exactly. I remember years ago, Asiata Gaines snapped and had a good game early in the season...posters were made that they didn't get him. He played in the nba for about 6 months maybe?

There's complaining, and then there's whining. Some of this crap is just whining.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Lol...my thinking exactly. I remember years ago, Asiata Gaines snapped and had a good game early in the season...posters were made that they didn't get him. He played in the nba for about 6 months maybe?

There's complaining, and then there's whining. Some of this crap is just whining.
Who?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
A dude with a big ego is sure to work well with Thibs.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Whiteside has been having a pretty good stretch for the Heat though. Good for him. He was a nobody before this season.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
The team fell victim to exactly what happened against the Jazz. They prepared all week, excepting Birdman & Haslem to be the big rotation (Whiteside did not play in our previous matchup) & Whiteside is used instead of Haslem. The Bulls have struggled with athletic, long bigs this season & yesterday was perfect example of it. I am disappointed in Thibs not adjusting his plan of attack in the 2nd half, despite the team scoring better. Taj was struggling & I felt Mirotic & Brooks should have been used more. Hell he should've thrown Nazr out there to lay some wood on Whiteside since he was showing up the team all game. For the most part the defense played was good but Wade & Bosh were hitting everything under the sun. I thought Rose played excellent D on Wade but he was just in the zone & there was no stopping him. Another thing I noticed was that the refs were allowing A LOT of contact below the waste on Whiteside's blocks. There were several that should have been foul calls for body contact but were not. I think the refs were in awe of him as well, for some reason.

Overall, it wasn't a pretty game but I don't think it was as horrible as some of you are making it out to be. Thibs failied in his adjustements on this one & the players didn't make the proper effort that first half which got us in the hole we could never get out of.

And guys, please stop screaming for McDermott. The guy is coming back from knee surgery, didn't play well before the surgery, & Snell has fully solidified his place ahead of him on the depth chart, with good reason. He'll get some time but one thing that Thibs & the coaches aren't going to do is rush him back into the rotation when 1) he hasn't earned his time, & 2) his conditioning is likely nowhere close to where it needs to be right now.