What was the Most Disappointing Bears Loss in Your Lifetime?

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Most disappointing loss for me would probably be the NFC Championship game against the Packers. I would pick the Super Bowl loss for the 2006-07 season, but I never thought we had a great chance of winning that. Playing at home against the Packers was a very winnable game.

That's exactly mine. The Super Bowl was disappointing but I new it was a long shot to win. But the NFC championship against the Packers, in our own backyard, that one hurt more. Still disappointed at that game.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Easy, it was a Monday Night football game back in 1982. I had undergone a 12 hour surgery on Sunday before the game. My loving parents brought in pizza to the room, which I couldn't eat. I had 3 tubes running out of me, vomited up grape juice (which freaked me out as it looked like blood)... and to boot the Bears lost in ugly style.

#2 Worst, yea there is a second. Wife and I went down to Hilton Head Island back in 1994, first up, Put Put Golf. I put my foot on a rock to hit a put, the rock was loose, my foot fell into the water hazard which had a slope, knocking me off balance, my head it the rock wall. When I pulled myself up out of the water, I had blood running down my nose from the top of my head and an open gash. We went to dinner after stitches, ate at a Beni Hana's (Japanese Steak House). The cook was flirting with girls at the other end of the table and didn't pay attention to the fact his fuel cap had come off when he squirted the fuel for the "flame" effect. When he lit it, the flames reached out to the edge or the table, I ended up crispy and on the floor. Went back to the hotel after the now free meal.... To watch the Bears on Monday Night, yet again get crushed. They say, things happen in 3's.

Reactions: DC

LuvMyBears

Liked Posts:
The damn replay game in 1989. I was 7 and can remember my first pure hate of the Green Bay Packers. I cried, oh I cried that day.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
1986 Playoffs
sss.gif

1987 Playoffs
O0adam.gif

2006 SB
chris-farley-rage.gif

2010 Playoffs
95045-angry-macgruber-gif-extremely-pqbF.gif

2005 Playoffs
Angry-Peyton-Manning-Stare.gif

2001 Playoffs
tFdO5ET.gif

1988 Playoffs
so-sad.gif

1990 Playoffs
George-Clooney.gif

1991 Playoffs
GIF-angry-finger-FU-Jack-Nicholson-middle-finger-you-suck-GIF.gif

1994 Playoffs
annoyed.gif

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
logic would say the super bowl game..but it's gotta be the nfc championship game...that shit still taste as if it happened last season

the panthers playoff lost sucked a lot of ass too

EL ROCKSTEADY

CBMB Refugee
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Most disappointing loss for me would probably be the NFC Championship game against the Packers. I would pick the Super Bowl loss for the 2006-07 season, but I never thought we had a great chance of winning that. Playing at home against the Packers was a very winnable game.

for me it wasnt the nfccg. Packers were the better team and when Cutler went out, It was pretty obvious what was going to happen. For me, it was actually a regular season game against the Falcons. I think you all know which one i am talking about. For as good of defense we had it was horrid to watch that go down. The Super bowl would be second because Hester gave us a 7 point handicap and we still lost.

GBlaze08

Member in Ommys mouth
Liked Posts:
Easy, it was a Monday Night football game back in 1982. I had undergone a 12 hour surgery on Sunday before the game. My loving parents brought in pizza to the room, which I couldn't eat. I had 3 tubes running out of me, vomited up grape juice (which freaked me out as it looked like blood)... and to boot the Bears lost in ugly style.

#2 Worst, yea there is a second. Wife and I went down to Hilton Head Island back in 1994, first up, Put Put Golf. I put my foot on a rock to hit a put, the rock was loose, my foot fell into the water hazard which had a slope, knocking me off balance, my head it the rock wall. When I pulled myself up out of the water, I had blood running down my nose from the top of my head and an open gash. We went to dinner after stitches, ate at a Beni Hana's (Japanese Steak House). The cook was flirting with girls at the other end of the table and didn't pay attention to the fact his fuel cap had come off when he squirted the fuel for the "flame" effect. When he lit it, the flames reached out to the edge or the table, I ended up crispy and on the floor. Went back to the hotel after the now free meal.... To watch the Bears on Monday Night, yet again get crushed. They say, things happen in 3's.

You poor unlucky bastard. To have your head spit open playing miniature golf, being set on fire at a japanese steak house and watching the beloved lose all in one day. I can't even imagine. With that being said........ Stay the fuck away from me.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the MNF against the Dolphins in 85.
I think that loss was more disappointing in hindsight. At the time, it felt more like a Super Bowl warm up and Marino put it all on tape for Buddy Ryan. Looking back after winning the Super Bowl...it was disappointing we could not have our perfect season, but that was not the thought that night.

I want to say the Packer loss in the NFCCG, but I am going to throw out all playoff/Super Bowl losses because they all hurt.

Gotta second (or third) the vote for the 2008 Atlanta game. It was Kyle Orton's best two minute drill of his career to that point and gave us the game with 11 seconds left. I still do not understand how we lose that game...it was like Lovie Smith had money on the Falcons.

cozzy1

Liked Posts:
I'd waited 30 years to get to Soldier Field for a game, 30 freakin' years, and i chose to go to the Dolphins game this year, with my wife, the Dolphins fan...

GBlaze08

Member in Ommys mouth
Liked Posts:
I'd waited 30 years to get to Soldier Field for a game, 30 freakin' years, and i chose to go to the Dolphins game this year, with my wife, the Dolphins fan...

Well, atleast you are Irish. Drink up.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I think that loss was more disappointing in hindsight. At the time, it felt more like a Super Bowl warm up and Marino put it all on tape for Buddy Ryan. Looking back after winning the Super Bowl...it was disappointing we could not have our perfect season, but that was not the thought that night.

I want to say the Packer loss in the NFCCG, but I am going to throw out all playoff/Super Bowl losses because they all hurt.

Gotta second (or third) the vote for the 2008 Atlanta game. It was Kyle Orton's best two minute drill of his career to that point and gave us the game with 11 seconds left. I still do not understand how we lose that game...it was like Lovie Smith had money on the Falcons.

shit man, the Bears were probably extremely lucky the Patriots lucked their way into a win at the AFC championship game. I'm surprised nobody else has ever pointed this out before.

as for most disappointing loss ever, I'll think outside the box and pick something different... 2009, Bengals, Cedric Benson raping the defense. IMO, the entire 2007 and 2009 seasons were disappointing. :lmao:

the most obvious is that fucking NFC championship game though.

GBlaze08

Member in Ommys mouth
Liked Posts:
shit man, the Bears were probably extremely lucky the Patriots lucked their way into a win at the AFC championship game. I'm surprised nobody else has ever pointed this out before.

as for most disappointing loss ever, I'll think outside the box and pick something different... 2009, Bengals, Cedric Benson raping the defense. IMO, the entire 2007 and 2009 seasons were disappointing. :lmao:

the most obvious is that fucking NFC championship game though.

HaHa. Good shit. Cedric Benson is a turd. Good riddance.......wait, what......fuuuuuuuu