Venting on line-ups

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That was who I was talking about. Someone wanted his role offensively to be less than it is now.

Really? Who? Where was that said or established? I think that Butler's scoring reduction is absolutely due to Rose coming back. Besides, where is it writen that any player on this team should be guaranteed a certain scoring average?

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Who "preordained" anything. As for being an all-star, so what? Last I heard, Noah has been an all-star, all defense 1st team and 1st team all NBA. Do they not have two other all-stars in Butler and Rose along with a 6th man of the year guy in Gibson? Are we somehow going to annoint Gasol as somekind of a saint or untouchable? Fuck that. Doing that hamstrings a team. Not making line-up changes when necessary to balance a team out is dumb.

You spend a lot of time in left field.

My point is he is an all star this year because of his role on the team and his being comfortable where he plays now. He is having one of his best years ever. Why mess with him? As far as what is preordained....Gasol had conditions on his signing for less money with a team that hasn't won anything. Starting and playing 4th quarter where chief among them.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
I just have to disagree. It is way more than health. This team has not had a single cohesive line-up the entire season which blends offensive and defensive players together. They do not have anykind of defined system that they play in. A team can have injuries and still blend players in and out. These are called substitutions and all teams do that irregardless of the system employed.

You do understand that HEALTH effects ALL of those things you listed? Therefore HEALTH is the biggest issue.

You simply can't build "cohesive line-ups" when players are constantly in and out of it. The team can't build consistency when it's different line-ups every other week. There also is little practice time to build better on-court chemistry (despite the myth that Thibs hammers players in practice all year round). We are talking about a team that has a new starting PF, 2 rookies, a new backup PG, a returning former MVP who hasn't played in 2 years, & a starting C who has been hobbled all season trying to build cohesion on the fly as the season progresses. Struggles will invariably ensue. This is why health has everything to do with everything. Nothing is more important than health.

The entire team has been fully healthy for a total of 15 out of 47 games. The team is 12-3 in those games. We are currently 29-17 & 1.5 games out of 2nd Place in the East. We're still in the thick of the top of the conference despite not having a healthy team for nearly a 1/3rd of the season. People need to relax. Where is all the talk of "regular season wins don't matter", "April is when we want to be rolling", and "doesn't matter our seed as long as we are healthy come playoffs"? Where'd that talk go?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Was I not clear about Noah? He hasn't played well since the playoff series last year, so last year doesn't mean shit. That's history, time to focus ln the present. He's been awful for whatever reason, and the Bulls need less of him and Gasol getting murdered in the paint and no one fighting on the offensive glass. Assists from Noah don't mean shit right now. It looks cool to fans, but I'll take my assists from Rose, Brooks and Gasol who is actually a scoring threat from the outside. Let Noah grab some rebounds and play some damn defense for a change. He can still pass from the post.

I get it. I really do. You hate Noah. I chuckle when I read stuff like: "He's been awful for "whatever reason"." And there is the ever-so humorous "The Bulls need less of him"???? What the hell are you talking about? They need absolutely MORE OF HIM. They need MORE of a Defensive Player of the Year, a 1st team all-NBA, thei best passing big man in the league,etc. There is a reason why Noah's production has been greatly down this entire year. ONE REASON and ONE REASON only. He's still getting back into basketball shape from a significant surgery. You try to make it appear that all of a sudden he became a wasted asset for other reasons.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You spend a lot of time in left field.

Nah.. Pitcher and center field.

My point is he is an all star this year because of his role on the team and his being comfortable where he plays now. He is having one of his best years ever. Why mess with him? As far as what is preordained....Gasol had conditions on his signing for less money with a team that hasn't won anything. Starting and playing 4th quarter where chief among them.

Where is that written about or substantiated? I read nothing ever about that. IF they did that, I'd be 100% shocked because I think to do that, I believe, would have sent Thibs into a major rage. Hell, if that was his demand, I'd have never traded for him nor anyone else for that matter. This kind of point came up the other day when they were talking about Ray Allen wanting something like this in order for him to sign with his "suitors". He apparently wanted something in his contract guaranteeing that he would play a guaranteed number of minutes and be on the court always with 5 or so minutes remaining in the game. Good luck with that, Ray:)