QB talent in the 2015 NFL Draft

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
didn't you know, every year is a bad year to draft a QB, except the year Luck came out.
I don't see a reason why a team would ever draft a QB ever!!!!

Well considering there are 15-17 legit starting QBs in the league, pure statistics show that most QBs who are drafted don't succeed in the league.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
didn't you know, every year is a bad year to draft a QB, except the year Luck came out.
I don't see a reason why a team would ever draft a QB ever!!!!

There are 12 teams in the NFL that can use a QB... 3 is all we get this year? And one looks like a reach at #7, Oh that works so well.

It isn't as if, say, 72 QB's have been drafted since 2009. Can't understand why there is such a deficit at the QB position. Didn't the Bears draft one last year? What happened? Do we auto draft a QB every year?

Last edited:

strobiwan

Liked Posts:
Yeah lets draft another LB or DT......cause that's worked out so well for us in the last ten years

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Hundley is there in 2, it's worth a shot. Winston is my clear #1. Don't know what to think of Mariota as it's hard to project him but I'd just as soon have Hundley. Grayson and Petty both look like viable picks after the 1st 3.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Huge steal at the top of the second where he'll likely go. God willing Pace will make some sort of deal to position the Bears in front of the Jets and snake him before they do.

I think they'll need to move back up in the first to get him (or trade down from 7). Weaker QB class and lots of teams looking.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If Hundley is there in 2, it's worth a shot. Winston is my clear #1. Don't know what to think of Mariota as it's hard to project him but I'd just as soon have Hundley. Grayson and Petty both look like viable picks after the 1st 3.

Mariota isn't an NFL QB, imo.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:

I actually heard an interesting take on Mariota... His strength at the QB position is in his decision making post snap, ie read option. He needs an NFL coaching staff that will grant him this strength. Then the analyst went on to list the NFL teams that this would work out at. Interestingly enough, Seattle was on that list as well as the 49'rs but that was pre Harbaugh release and Chip Kelly's Offense.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
what the hell are you talking about.....

He's trying to say the Bears should reach for a QB and get rid of Cutler, but in a backwards kind of way.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's trying to say the Bears should reach for a QB and get rid of Cutler, but in a backwards kind of way.

friends don't let friends post stupid......

BPA plain and simple.....what ever the position. Bears need impact players who can make a difference.

urlacher

Liked Posts:
Winston is a rare talent. Hundley is a 2nd-3rd round talent. There is no comparison to who is the best qb's. Everyone who has watched the tapes will tell you winston is by far the best qb in the draft. By far

strobiwan

Liked Posts:
The Pats draft QBs almost every other draft and the have Tom FUCKING Brady......but what do they know about winning

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think they'll need to move back up in the first to get him (or trade down from 7). Weaker QB class and lots of teams looking.

True, I could see maybe Philly or Arizona pulling the trigger on him potentially. If he starts to climb the draft boards after the combine then only way we could land him would probably be some sort of trade down with Cleveland. They're looking for a QB upgrade, perhaps they'd be interested in Cutler for their 19th?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Yeah lets draft another LB or DT......cause that's worked out so well for us in the last ten years

The LB's we drafted didn't work out, so let's not draft more. Great logic. So, who then plays LB?

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Winston is a rare talent. Hundley is a 2nd-3rd round talent. There is no comparison to who is the best qb's. Everyone who has watched the tapes will tell you winston is by far the best qb in the draft. By far

This. Anyone who doesn't think Jameis Winston is the best QB in this class is blinded by the hate for his off field issues.

Plain and simple.

And they are looking dumb in the process.

strobiwan

Liked Posts:
The LB's we drafted didn't work out, so let's not draft more. Great logic. So, who then plays LB?

LOL You just made my point......Every thing is a gamble.........so maybe every once in awhile we gamble on the most important position in the game.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I would be happy with Hundley or Grayson in the second or third. And would even consider taking a flyer on Mannion in rounds 3-4.

strobiwan

Liked Posts:
I don't think we should reach for anybody in the 1st round. but if there is a decent QB in the 2nd and 3rd im all for it.
I would much rather of drafted Carr last year than than ego

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't think we should reach for anybody in the 1st round. but if there is a decent QB in the 2nd and 3rd im all for it.
I would much rather of drafted Carr last year than than ego

Carr was not available for the Bears in 2nd round, Jimmy Garopollo was. :mad: