Briggs Coming Back?

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
I could care less if Briggs comes back as long as it is a vet min. He would be a great backup for depth. And he can be a mentor to the young players. Same with Tillman. And if he acts up or gets lazy, he can be cut and who cares if they eat a million dollars or whatever.

Or he could just not be resigned and I would be fine with that too.

But you all act like if he is signed then he will be a starter and it signals that the Bears want to stay old on defense. It's just not true.

Why do people take up this 'mentor' thing? What evidence to do we have that Lance Briggs would mentor anyone? NFL coaches are paid a lot of money - let them do the coaching and let Lance do the driving, baby making, complaining and shitty restaurant managing.

We aren't acting like anything. We are acting like people who understand that EVERY team in the NFL - save for 1 exception (James Harrison as mid season injury pickup) - doesn't have 35 year old (and slow and injured) linebackers on their roster.

If the best teams in the league don't have 35 LBs on their roster (starting or otherwise), why should the Bears?

It serves no purpose.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Why do people take up this 'mentor' thing? What evidence to do we have that Lance Briggs would mentor anyone? NFL coaches are paid a lot of money - let them do the coaching and let Lance do the driving, baby making, complaining and shitty restaurant managing.

We aren't acting like anything. We are acting like people who understand that EVERY team in the NFL - save for 1 exception (James Harrison as mid season injury pickup) - doesn't have 35 year old (and slow and injured) linebackers on their roster.

If the best teams in the league don't have 35 LBs on their roster (starting or otherwise), why should the Bears?

It serves no purpose.

Let them make the decision on if a 34-35 year old is good enough for a 1 year vet min deal. The Bears going forward are not going to be made or broken because Lance Briggs is or is not a backup on this team.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Let them make the decision on if a 34-35 year old is good enough for a 1 year vet min deal. The Bears going forward are not going to be made or broken because Lance Briggs is or is not a backup on this team.

Really? Let them make the decision? See, I thought they would consult me!

Of course they will make the decision. But we go by evidence of the league. As evidenced by EVERY other team in the NFL, GMs and coaches make the DECISION to NOT have 35 year LBs on their roster. I'm just going by the reality of the modern NFL.

And yes, they aren't going to be made or broken by why bother? There's nothing to gain by having a 35 year old broken fat LB on the roster. That is not wining NFL football.

Lastly, I'm sure the sunny disposed and positive energy extolling Lance Briggs will be quite happy on the Bears in a backup role. That has the recipe for success! And besides, backup LBs serve a VERY specific purpose on an NFL team on Sundays - they play ST. Will slow, out of shape Lance Briggs play special teams? That's what back up NFL linebackers do.

Bellicheck does it better than anyone - you get rid of players a year too early, not a year too late. The sun has set on Lance Briggs. Get young, get fast. Move on.

jc456

Liked Posts:
why does it matter to you how much the bears would offer him? It isn't your money right? Why do you care? And right, let's let the coaching staff determine! hahahaha like a message board GM wannabe like you and others here make a decision. what silliness. pure silliness.

IMO, Lance is done!!!

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He made his own bed as far as effort and focus,esp with the BBQ joint deal. I see no chance he is back, regardless of circumstances you can't quit on your team, which it was clear he did. As I read the first sentence, I wondered whose opinion it was. Sorta laughed when I saw it was Lance on Lance.

I couldn't agree more. They need to cut ties with BBQ Briggs for good. Let the young guys play and develop. Briggs isn't the future and he is too old to be a stop gap. If he wants to go open a chain of BBQ restaurants then let him.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
I couldn't agree more. They need to cut ties with BBQ Briggs for good. Let the young guys play and develop. Briggs isn't the future and he is too old to be a stop gap. If he wants to go open a chain of BBQ restaurants then let him.

Why do you want to fire John Fox? He's only been on the payroll for like two weeks. :)

But I see you have a red panda in your avatar. Don't know if you care anything about cars, but this thread on the Lotus car forum has become legendary. It features a red panda and will have you splitting your sides laughing if you have the time to read through the entire thread:

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I doubt that.... you read the Yelp reviews for the current one? Yikes lol.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
I doubt that.... you read the Yelp reviews for the current one? Yikes lol.

Agreeance. The only hope Lance Briggs has in the BBQ restaurant bidness is for his picture to be up on the wall at Q or Smoque.