Briggs Coming Back?

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I would take him back. Two bad years doesn't spoil a decade of borderline Hall Of Fame play. As BearsBud said, give him a year and see how it goes, if he sucks, then let him go, if not then keep him around.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I would take him back. Two bad years doesn't spoil a decade of borderline Hall Of Fame play. As BearsBud said, give him a year and see how it goes, if he sucks, then let him go, if not then keep him around.
If it is the two most recent years, combined with poor attitude, and increased injury, what is the upside? Best case scenario is he plays at slightly better than an average player and like Urlacher, he wont play for his value, he will expect more.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I heard the same exact shit over and over again last year with Hester, nobody will pay him more than the league minimum. A couple of weeks later he signs for 3-4 million a year. Not saying that Atlanta didn't overpay, but the message board posters aren't very good at projecting these contracts. How many games did Cutler play out of the prior 30 games and we made him the highest paid QB in the NFL, and he sucks.

I am sure that John Fox has great admiration and respect for the play of Briggs.

So will you respect the decision if they don't sign Briggs and do retain Jay? Will you be as I told you no aa I told you so?

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Briggs was good each of the last two seasons. Health has been his only issue.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
xlarge.jpg

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So will you respect the decision if they don't sign Briggs and do retain Jay? Will you be as I told you no and I told you so?

Yes. I like Briggs the player. He was never Briggs the leader, nor does he have to be. I believe that the current management will make the right decision on Briggs. Urlacher was a different story because he was also Urlacher the leader. No sense here spending time on that.

On Cutler, they are in a bind. Cutler is under contract, Briggs is not. So you would expect Cutler to be here and Briggs not. So that wouldn't be a major surprise.

Now, all that being said, I think that Briggs can help this team a helluva lot more than Cutler.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Sounds like his agent is getting word that there will be very little interest in Lance wants FA starts. So might as well start the ass kissing now about staying in Chicago lol

Natedogg8023

Liked Posts:
Not really a fan of bringing Briggs back. But...the Bears will need to fill the roster out. If Fangio thinks its a good idea, for cheap. then cool.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He became an unmotivated because he was playing for three stooges - Emery, Trestman, Tucker. He will be once again the person and player that he is for Fox and Fangio, that is why.

Hey, I don't know if he will be coming back, but I do think it would be a huge positive.

I don't want him to be the person he used to be. Never been a fan of "I'll do everything that's within my power to not be with this organization," and "I am now prepared to sit out the year if the Bears don't trade me or release me, I've played my last snap for them. I'll never play another down for Chicago again" type comments coming from a guy looking for a new contract.

If he wants to come back for cheap then that's fine, but with his track record of being franchised for $7 million and immediately turning into a bitch about it I wouldn't hold my breath. Loved him as a player, he was a stud for a long time, but man is that guy a tool.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
So you think the reason Briggs half assed and didn't care was because of Emery and Trestman. Well what about guys like Paea, Willie Young, Ratliff and hell even Sharpton who played like they gave a shit??? Last I checked Emery and Trestman were here for them too. If you dislike the GM and head coach that bad then have your agent find you a way outta there or retire. Don't stick around, half ass it and talk shit about how you don't pay attention to the coaching staff. I personally love what Briggs did here most of his career but the way he acted and played last year was complete bulllshit.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I hope not. His true character showed and he was one of the reasons the locker room collapsed to begin with.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I don't want him to be the person he used to be. Never been a fan of "I'll do everything that's within my power to not be with this organization," and "I am now prepared to sit out the year if the Bears don't trade me or release me, I've played my last snap for them. I'll never play another down for Chicago again" type comments coming from a guy looking for a new contract.

If he wants to come back for cheap then that's fine, but with his track record of being franchised for $7 million and immediately turning into a bitch about it I wouldn't hold my breath. Loved him as a player, he was a stud for a long time, but man is that guy a tool.
Do you think he's butthurt over the impending free agency and his chances of making the dollas?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What place would an old 4/3 WLB have in our new 3/4 scheme?

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
really don't know if he has much left in the tank. guess it depends on FA/draft and if he'll take vet minimum.

TommyGoose

Liked Posts:
As much as I like Briggs and I can't let go of the past. Briggs had two years to be a leader and failed miserably. Probably time to move on.