Briggs Coming Back?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"In my opinion, I don't see any reason why you wouldn't want to (bring Briggs back to the Bears)," Briggs said on Monday's edition of SportsTalk Live. "Obviously, in the Draft, that's probably going to be one of the focal points is getting a linebacker, (but) a guy who's been around, a guy who understands football, who's a great football player and can play at a high level still, to me, is enticing. A guy like John Fox — love the hire — and hopefully I get a call and I get an opportunity to come back and play in Chicago, where I'm supposed to be."

I personally hope Briggs gets his wish. I know many here don't like him. I still believe the problem was the management.

Bring him back Fox!

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He made his own bed as far as effort and focus,esp with the BBQ joint deal. I see no chance he is back, regardless of circumstances you can't quit on your team, which it was clear he did. As I read the first sentence, I wondered whose opinion it was. Sorta laughed when I saw it was Lance on Lance.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Funny how Briggs was saying goodbye to Chicago when the season ended with Trestman as head coach. Now all the sudden he's ready and raring to come back?

Give me a break. This new regime is going to have enough old baggage in the form of Cutler and possibly Marshall. The last thing they need is a negativity-monger like Briggs hanging around continuing to pollute the locker room. Great career or not, the last two years the guy has been injured, average on the field and unfocused off it. Get rid of him.

I'd much sooner keep Tillman around than Briggs.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A lot of you guys worshipped each and every move that Emery and Trestman made from the moment they came onboard. You guys got the Cutler contract you wanted, you got rid of Urlacher, you got rid of Hester, it was offense offense and more offense, and look where it got us. Suddenly you hated management and Cutler when we were 5-11, maybe a few games sooner.

Along comes John Fox who understands exactly what went on here. Briggs didn't fuck over this organization, it fucked over him by bringing in morons to run the team. Fox wants to "fix" what the Bears did to Urlacher. Many of you loved what the Bears did to Urlacher and still don't think anything was wrong. My guess is Fox will also want to fix things with Briggs.

You may not like it, you may not like me for that matter, but things are going to swing back to a place that many of you are not going to like. It sucked for me for the last few years, watching these guys ruin this team. My guess is you guys aren't going to like a lot of things in the months ahead. But, its for the benefit of the team.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
You may not like it, you may not like me for that matter, but things are going to swing back to a place that many of you are not going to like. It sucked for me for the last few years, watching these guys ruin this team. My guess is you guys aren't going to like a lot of things in the months ahead. But, its for the benefit of the team.

I fail to understand how bringing back the player and person Lance Briggs has become over the last two years is for the benefit of the team.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I fail to understand how bringing back the player and person Lance Briggs has become over the last two years is for the benefit of the team.

He became an unmotivated because he was playing for three stooges - Emery, Trestman, Tucker. He will be once again the person and player that he is for Fox and Fangio, that is why.

Hey, I don't know if he will be coming back, but I do think it would be a huge positive.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:

Exactly, he's played 17 games out of the past 32. If he wants to play for the Bears this season he gets a league minimum contract with bonus money after hitting certain qualifiers. If he can still play "at a high level" then make him have to prove it.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe having a new coach thats a defensive guy would invigorate Briggs..He seemed to do great under Lovie who was of the same mindset...He only soured under Trestman..And lets face it,99% of the team did as well... I'd give him a 1 year deal and see how it goes

Last edited:

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
John Fox would have to be out of his mind to bring Briggs back. Look , Trestman was a turd, but Briggs certainly did him no favors as a supposed "leader" on the team. Not to mention, he just really isn't that great at football anymore. Nor can he stay healthy.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
polite.gif

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Exactly, he's played 17 games out of the past 32. If he wants to play for the Bears this season he gets a league minimum contract with bonus money after hitting certain qualifiers. If he can still play "at a high level" then make him have to prove it.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

I heard the same exact shit over and over again last year with Hester, nobody will pay him more than the league minimum. A couple of weeks later he signs for 3-4 million a year. Not saying that Atlanta didn't overpay, but the message board posters aren't very good at projecting these contracts. How many games did Cutler play out of the prior 30 games and we made him the highest paid QB in the NFL, and he sucks.

I am sure that John Fox has great admiration and respect for the play of Briggs.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Maybe having a new coach thats a defensive guy would invigorate Briggs..He seemed to do great under Lovie who was of the same mindset...Her only soured under Trestman..And lets face it,99% of the team did as well... I'd give him a 1 year deal and see how it goes

Exactly, EVERY player who was part of the Emery/ Trestman regime deserves a mulligan.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
OP with a bleeding heart for old, over the hill players? Color me shocked...

TishLover

Liked Posts:
I would say no

We are in rebuilding stage(I think) anyways.
I would rather develop young kids by letting them play in the place of Briggs

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
What's Brad Muster up to these days? I bet John Fox used to be fond of him too.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
If Fox can fix old, fat, and slow, it sounds like a great idea.