Rahim Moore would be great FA

bearbeav

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With all the Denver connections what's the chance the bears go after a 24 yr old FA safety who has played good and will only get better as he enters the prime of his career.
Rabin Moore fits a Major need and isn't a player who you have to worry about the backend of his contract since he is 24.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
This is the only big name FA signing I would support. Build through the draft besides

Liked Posts:
Would love it. We need young guys and that's what the draft does. If we can get a proven young guy via free agency, I'm all for it.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
When 24 year old safeties hit the FA market, there is a reason.

Mostly that they're not any good.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats

Or because there is a regime change, where that safety doesnt fit the new defense, or wishes to play elsewhere.

The closest to a guarantee that Moore would not hit FA is because they franchise tagged him, but the Broncos are going to use that on either Demaryius or Julius Thomas. Moore could just decline any offer the Broncos give to him and hit FA, where we entice him with a market-value contract to play for his old HC and a better DC/

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
per PFF

On the backend of the defense, Rahim Moore provided quality and quantity coverage, leading the league in coverage snaps (688) and Cover Snaps Per Target (31.1) and ranking third in Yards Per Cover Snap (0.27) and Cover Snaps Per Reception (40.5) among safeties with 500 or more coverage snaps.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Or there team cant afford them.

kdawgzx9

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As weak as the safety draft class that is coming out, this would be a very good move.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

How would you prioritize their FA list of manning, Thomas, Thomas, welker and who knows what else. That's allot of cap just with those players. I believe they also made a big investment at safety last offseason. Seldom do you see two highly paid safeties on one team

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bears need a veteran at safety that does not suck.

Moore would be a good signing provided the Beara could get him for 5-6 million a season. Anymore than that and you are paying top money for a solid starter.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
The Bears need a veteran at safety that does not suck.

Moore would be a good signing provided the Beara could get him for 5-6 million a season. Anymore than that and you are paying top money for a solid starter.

He must be really good in Madden, because I've no idea why so many are so high on such a slightly-above-average at best safety.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He must be really good in Madden, because I've no idea why so many are so high on such a slightly-above-average at best safety.

We haven't seen a slightly above average safety here in a while.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

At 24, I'll take slightly above average, at 28, not so much. I think the defining answer will be "How Much".

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
He would be a quality signing, but like Windy said, the price he comes in at is key.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I'd like the move at the right price. Ideally, I'd like to see the Bears spend a little bit more and try to pry Gipson away from the Browns. I think we need to sign Moore or Gipson or another young guy via FA and also draft a safety in the 3rd round or so.

Ali-Frazier

Liked Posts:
I'd like the move at the right price. Ideally, I'd like to see the Bears spend a little bit more and try to pry Gipson away from the Browns. I think we need to sign Moore or Gipson or another young guy via FA and also draft a safety in the 3rd round or so.

Isn't Gipson a RFA?

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Happy for Rahim Moore. He went from scapegoat to being a pro bowler.