Rose proofing the offense.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
2323, remember that time when I called you a blind, bitching Rose hater?

Yeah well, pretty sure everyone knows that now.

Keep the laughs coming.

Liked Posts:
eb6140942424697bf997986aac9b2d682cd18a18fe192e4f81ba32f17b629a24.jpg

Its a sad reality that, "only in the end do they understand."

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So, does the playbook have numerous omissions that involve Rose passing? I'm just wondering.
Rose passes the ball all the time. It just so happens that in that game probably only 1 of them resulted in a made shot.

Liked Posts:
Rose passes the ball all the time. It just so happens that in that game probably only 1 of them resulted in a made shot.

Right. And it's not just a coincidence that Gasol and Noah had 8 and 6 assists respectively. And those are amazingly high numbers considering how much Rose dominated the ball. Imagine how many more they might have had with any kind if ball movement.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Right. And it's not just a coincidence that Gasol and Noah had 8 and 6 assists respectively. And those are amazingly high numbers considering how much Rose dominated the ball. Imagine how many more they might have had with any kind if ball movement.
Pick and pop with Gasol. Rose passes to Gasol. Defense rotates to Gasol because they doubled Rose off the pick. Gasol hits open man. Man hits shot. Assist for Gasol. Nothing for Rose because he doesn't pass the ball.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Pick and pop with Gasol. Rose passes to Gasol. Defense rotates to Gasol because they doubled Rose off the pick. Gasol hits open man. Man hits shot. Assist for Gasol. Nothing for Rose because he doesn't pass the ball.
rs_500x244-140220095002-tumblr_n18dluqhga1rqe723o2_500.gif

Liked Posts:

Your explanation is that the offense is designed for Rose to not get assists. Lol. Ok.

At what point do you explain how Rose makes others better? He is a PG after all.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Your explanation is that the offense is designed for Rose to not get assists. Lol. Ok.

At what point do you explain how Rose makes others better?
They ran that exact play quite a few times down the stretch of the GS game, so yes, I suppose in that case it was in fact designed for Rose not to get an assist if Gasol didn't shoot immediately.

At what point do you realize that this play does not work if the other team doesn't double Rose off the pick? At what point do you stop basing an entire season off of one game? At what point do you realize that Rose is not averaging one assist and eleven turnovers per game?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

At what point do you explain how Rose makes others better? He is a PG after all.
:obama:

We forgot, he's suppose to get 12 apg EVERY SINGLE GAME.

Liked Posts:
They ran that exact play quite a few times down the stretch of the GS game, so yes, I suppose in that case it was in fact designed for Rose not to get an assist if Gasol didn't shoot immediately.

At what point do you realize that this play does not work if the other team doesn't double Rose off the pick? At what point do you stop basing an entire season off of one game? At what point do you realize that Rose is not averaging one assist and eleven turnovers per game?

I haven't even been going at the 11 turnovers but if you want to bring that up, it would be fair to do so.

Ròse was 4/12 on threes. And the misses were ugly.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i agree he was a bit selfish this game and could have passed more

but i don't think Rose will quite have a game like this one ever again

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

That's not what he said at all. Holy shit.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
think about it though: we had Hinrich, Snell, Noah starting

who exactly is he gonna trust to score?

Gasol was the only real option