Rose proofing the offense.

Liked Posts:
the Bulls should have won going away. Too many bad shots and too much dribbling by Rose. Minimal movement without the ball because Rose dribbles the air of it. He had one assist against the Warriors. He's not making others better.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
that 1 assist was the biggest assist of the game tho

he def had the weirdest game ive ever seen if you looked at the boxscore you would think he was cancerous

but honestly he kept us in it, he locked up curry, and hit the game winner

fuck it lets just enjoy the win...we'll save complaining about Rose for another game

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Wow...

Hits the game winner against arguably the best team in the NBA and had Curry pretty locked up as well and you still find something to complain about?

I am starting to wonder if you are a Bulls fan at all, just another Rose hating troll.

If your a Bulls fan, be happy and shut up.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
if you looked at the boxscore you would think he was cancerous

Yeah, his boxscore stats are from from telling the story on this one.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
OP has a point, but Rose's Iso play was the reason we won. Can't really complain when he runs right through their defense. Plus Derrick wasn't the only one that held the ball to long. There were sometimes where it looked like they were afraid to take a shot.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
LOL @ this bitching thread.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Do you think this is how every playoff game will look like?
Every playoff game will end in a 113-111 Bulls overtime victory. They'll go 16-0 in the playoffs. We'll win a championship. I'm okay with that.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Every playoff game will end in a 113-111 Bulls overtime victory. They'll go 16-0 in the playoffs. We'll win a championship. I'm okay with that.
Rose will also average 11 turnovers and 1 assist per game. But he'll also average 30 points. 16-0 though...that's all that matters yo

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Didn't think the Warriors were really closing fast on shooters, but for some reason they weren't taking the open looks.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Imagine how good we will feel with a healthy roster, and a good Rose stat line.

Liked Posts:
Didn't think the Warriors were really closing fast on shooters, but for some reason they weren't taking the open looks.

One of the problems is that Rose was looking to score almost so exclusively, the opportunity to set up teammates is diminished because he holds on to the ball too long. He's often looking to score inside. When he does this, he's not passing until he realizes he can't score. But by that time it's too late. He's too deep into the paint or at some other spot on the floor where the defense converges on him and the passing lanes aren't there. So he his passes are often awkward and or has too much air on them when kicking it out. This causes the defense to close out on the perimeter more easily and or makes the shooter think he has less time than he does. It just seems like a lot of Roses kick outs aren't crisp.

The other thing is, when Rose is so ball dominant, others become reluctant participants in the offense. There's a reason people talk about getting others involved early. Yes Rose may have success during certain stretches but it's often fools gold because there will come a point when Rose cools off but by that time his teammates don't feel like they're in rhythm, since they've been watching him dribble so much.

There's little rhythm or continuity collectively when the play like last night. It would be one thing if it was still 2011 and Rose was the only strong offensive option. The Bulls have added a lot of offensive talent but they're diminished because Rose is still playing like its 2011. Rose last night was Carmelo Anthony. Rose was a ball stopper, which isn't good for a point guard on a team with a lot offensive talent.

Liked Posts:
Rose will also average 11 turnovers and 1 assist per game. But he'll also average 30 points. 16-0 though...that's all that matters yo

The one assist is the bigger problem than the 11turnovers, not that the TO are good. The one assist on this team tells you he's not looking to get others involved except when he's looking to get his and it's not there.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The 13/33 and one assist is not flukish. That's how he plays.
eb6140942424697bf997986aac9b2d682cd18a18fe192e4f81ba32f17b629a24.jpg