Countdown to opening day

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Someone correct me if my math is wrong so this thread isn't off the rails from the beginning...but I think we're at 67 days!

1z4hp3k.jpg

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Holy crap!

Pitchers and catchers report in like 5 weeks.

It's weird actually being excited for baseball again.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Someone correct me if my math is wrong so this thread isn't off the rails from the beginning...but I think we're at 67 days!

1z4hp3k.jpg

Players will shit their pants when they see themselves on the Jumbotron in Wrigley.

It will be nice target practice for the "Boy Jorge and the Culture Cubs". :smug2:

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Couldn't find a picture of a Cub wearing #66 (apparently Rafael Dolis did at one point) so I'll go with this guy

20130319_lbm_ar5_102-404a6ce9f3eadd8127d1a098ffc155b5

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Couldn't find a picture of a Cub wearing #66 (apparently Rafael Dolis did at one point) so I'll go with this guy

20130319_lbm_ar5_102-404a6ce9f3eadd8127d1a098ffc155b5

Should've signed him instead of Soler lololol ;)

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
puig>>>>>soler right now just an fyi

Sent from My Iphone 6 Plus Using Tapatalk

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
puig>>>>>soler right now just an fyi

Soler is fundamentally sound both mentally and physically. He hustles, hits the cutoff, etc. He will have a much better career if he stays healthy.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Soler is fundamentally sound both mentally and physically. He hustles, hits the cutoff, etc. He will have a much better career if he stays healthy.

Yeah, Soler to me looks like a lock to be good. The strike against him is his health. I'd like to see a PT for him to help him stay in shape properly. With that big body, he needs to stay flexible, etc. Hopefully he's not just one of those injury prone guys.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yes I agree longevity will be on solers side. Puig has some maturity issues to overcome. But puig is proven already and is very good

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes I agree longevity will be on solers side. Puig has some maturity issues to overcome. But puig is proven already and is very good

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

Soler has been considered a bigger and faster Puig. Whats funny? Cubs fans wrote him off last year because of his struggles. I stayed on his side because of his complete look. Now, he is a lock and Baez is a bust. Itsfunny because the internetz has made everyone a scout. Let the kids play. The cubs have enough depth and money to figure the rest out. The Cubs are coming one way or another. They are in way to good of shape. They have to much depth with the youth and to much money to spend to fail now. If they do, then Theo should never work in baseball again.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I suppose it'll be ok to use a south sider just this once ;)

Nate%20Jones.jpg

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Soler has been considered a bigger and faster Puig. Whats funny? Cubs fans wrote him off last year because of his struggles. I stayed on his side because of his complete look. Now, he is a lock and Baez is a bust. Itsfunny because the internetz has made everyone a scout. Let the kids play. The cubs have enough depth and money to figure the rest out. The Cubs are coming one way or another. They are in way to good of shape. They have to much depth with the youth and to much money to spend to fail now. If they do, then Theo should never work in baseball again.

if you had a team right now that were for sure contenders who would you rather have right now. puig or soler?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
if you had a team right now that were for sure contenders who would you rather have right now. puig or soler?

Legit talk, Soler! Attitude is big part of my decision. Puig js great but Soler is more complete to me. Soler is really good man. Im not being a homer. I just trust my eye.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
It's just going to be fun to have guys like Bryant and Soler, along with Castro, Fowler, Montero, and Rizzo in the line-up versus Nate Schierholtz, Barney, Lake, and Emilio Bonafacio. :elephant:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Legit talk, Soler! Attitude is big part of my decision. Puig js great but Soler is more complete to me. Soler is really good man. Im not being a homer. I just trust my eye.

i get it. the attitude part is a good part of your debate so I can respect that. If you are using the variable of a clubhouse issue I can see that too but puig is proven and i think if you look at just that part puig should be the guy considering the numbers he puts up.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

For 2015 Puig in a trouncing.