Brett were you on TV!

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, I am watching the offseason on MLB network. It was a Cubs and Marlins episode. So, they are talking to Joe Maddon and they flash to these soundbytes from the Boers and Bernstein show. It was funny because the first two callers they took after Maddon was hired was a guy who was pessimistic about the hire. The second one thing starts saying how is he going to help the Cubs. "Does he play in the field"? My question, Brett were you that caller and are you famous now or what?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also, I love Maddon. The dude just seems to cool to hang out with. He was saying how he texted Theo to meet him in a RV park in Pensacola. They showed up and he popped open a couple 16 ounce Miller Lites and just shot the shit. He said that the money staggered him. They truly made him an offer he couldnt refuse.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
So, I am watching the offseason on MLB network. It was a Cubs and Marlins episode. So, they are talking to Joe Maddon and they flash to these soundbytes from the Boers and Bernstein show. It was funny because the first two callers they took after Maddon was hired was a guy who was pessimistic about the hire. The second one thing starts saying how is he going to help the Cubs. "Does he play in the field"? My question, Brett were you that caller and are you famous now or what?

Not I. If you recall I wanted him on the South Side

The RV story was all said leading up to the press conference in Chicago. Guess it wasn't newsworthy out by you SilenceS