Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Why? Whay is the point of bringing him back? I don't trust Robin to put him in the role he belongs which is infield defensive replacement.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Viciedo is terrible. No real baseball skill to speak off. He might be a decent DH someday if he stops swinging at everything. 20 HRs don't really matter much when you're only driving in 58 RBI. I guess they believe Gordy has more potential than Tank... neither belong on a big league roster if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why? Whay is the point of bringing him back? I don't trust Robin to put him in the role he belongs which is infield defensive replacement.

It was a very stupid assessment made. He said that Beckham could fill-in or play 2nd, short, or 3rd? Since when? This guy has played ONLY 2nd base for a long long time. He has never been a "super-sub", and would up at 2nd base because it was the only infield position that he was decent at. This was a totally asinine move.....especially when the Sox organization has much more worthy prospects coming up throughout the organization right now. It took the Sox much too long to dump the guy in the first place, now this? What is Hahn smoking?

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
I just wonder if this is a Hahn or Kenny move.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Viciedo is terrible. No real baseball skill to speak off. He might be a decent DH someday if he stops swinging at everything. 20 HRs don't really matter much when you're only driving in 58 RBI. I guess they believe Gordy has more potential than Tank... neither belong on a big league roster if you ask me.

I totally disagree regarding Viciedo. He is 25 years old. They have outfield prospects right now in the organization that are that old and haven't hit ten times against major league pitching let alone average 20 HRS a year for three years. They gave up on the guy too early. I predict this is going to end up badly for them down the road. Everyone is tradeable. I get that. But it is not like they have a depth of talent in their outfield organizationally. They had a guy on a cheap contract as insurance and now they don't. Tell me who are they going to be able to plug into left or right field if the two guys they have now go down? What present outfielder in their entire system is 25 or younger and can be counted on to hit .259/20+/60+?

Beckham has NO FUTURE. He sucks and will never hit at anything approaching the desired level for any major league middle infielder. It is way too early to tell about Viciedo.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not a fan of Beckham but this much outrage over Viciedo? :confused:

I do not believe in getting rid of 25 year old guys with three years major league experience as a power hitter, especially when you only have two people in the existing organization who have done that at the major league level let alone at even a minor league level. Who do they have that on opening day they can plug in to take Garcia's place for three weeks in the line-up?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Fact...No one wanted to trade for Dayan...In fact All offers the Sox got was worse than dfa.
The kids probably are not ready and for potential golden glove defense you live with a probable bad bat in Bacon...if the team needs outfield help they can trade for it with their middle infield prospects

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
I totally disagree regarding Viciedo. He is 25 years old. They have outfield prospects right now in the organization that are that old and haven't hit ten times against major league pitching let alone average 20 HRS a year for three years. They gave up on the guy too early. I predict this is going to end up badly for them down the road. Everyone is tradeable. I get that. But it is not like they have a depth of talent in their outfield organizationally. They had a guy on a cheap contract as insurance and now they don't. Tell me who are they going to be able to plug into left or right field if the two guys they have now go down? What present outfielder in their entire system is 25 or younger and can be counted on to hit .259/20+/60+?

Beckham has NO FUTURE. He sucks and will never hit at anything approaching the desired level for any major league middle infielder. It is way too early to tell about Viciedo.

I get what you're saying, man. The reality is the Sox spent considerable $$ upgrading LF. There has been zero interest from 29 mlb teams for him, and he's not an everyday player with the Sox. I'm not a Beckham fan, but he is cheaper than Tank, and a serviceable infielder.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fact...No one wanted to trade for Dayan...In fact All offers the Sox got was worse than dfa.
The kids probably are not ready and for potential golden glove defense you live with a probable bad bat in Bacon...if the team needs outfield help they can trade for it with their middle infield prospects

I'm sorry, but I totally disagree with giving up on 25 year old power hitting outfielders in an organization that has none coming up through their farm system. The only viable power bat coming up prospect wise is a 1b/DH who I also doubt will not even get a chance. I am not down with Hahn in what he has done organizationally with position players. Cabrera and Garcia were good moves. Do not get me wrong. But not these two moves.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Hawk he's 26 in six weeks. Had reasonable similar numbers to Gordon offensive and offers no defense

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
And basically dayan's numbers have declined the last two seasons

Svic

Liked Posts:
According to Hahn on a radio that Lawrence played. He said that Gordon will be a good depth for them to play 2nd, SS and 3rd and needed. Maybe he will be used how he is supposed to be

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
According to Hahn on a radio that Lawrence played. He said that Gordon will be a good depth for them to play 2nd, SS and 3rd and needed. Maybe he will be used how he is supposed to be

If he doesn't hit, he'll ride the bench.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hawk he's 26 in six weeks. Had reasonable similar numbers to Gordon offensive and offers no defense

Not true, Brett. beckham is an awful offensive player. He has no future either. Like I said, Viciedo is 25 years old. Putting Beckham on the MAJOR LEAGUE ROSTER IS A JOKE.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And basically dayan's numbers have declined the last two seasons

Really? He's 25 years old. What did Beckham do in the last five years? He just sucks.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

yeah, those Angels really loved him didn't they? They really tried to have him bring that depth to their team didn't they? Did he have a hit during his tour there?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I get what you're saying, man. The reality is the Sox spent considerable $$ upgrading LF. There has been zero interest from 29 mlb teams for him, and he's not an everyday player with the Sox. I'm not a Beckham fan, but he is cheaper than Tank, and a serviceable infielder.

He had 500+ at bats last year. What happens if Garcia goes down again? Want Danks out there? Somehow those two scraps yard pick-offs this off-season are going to fill power numbers? Both of them are scrubs. But what REALLY REALLY pisses me off is who they have CHOSEN to take his place onf the 40 man roster, Gordon fucking Beckham who is below worse in every major statistical category than Viciedo. Two years ago the guy had 25 home runs and about 80 ribbies. That is significant. Beckham's lifetime fucking batting average is .242. He strikes out over 100 times an average season. That is fucking weak for a middle infielder. He's got no speed, no power, and average range. He sucks.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If he doesn't hit, he'll ride the bench.

Wait a minute.......... I thought they were bringing him in for "insurance"? Its a given that he won't hit. So we basically have a weak-hitting $2M scrub on the bench. Pathetic.