Sox Sign Gordon Beckham: DFA Viciedo

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Not true, Brett. beckham is an awful offensive player. He has no future either. Like I said, Viciedo is 25 years old. Putting Beckham on the MAJOR LEAGUE ROSTER IS A JOKE.

The Hawk,

It is true. He's 26 March 10th and his numbers are very similar.

Gordon .245/.307/.375/.681 bWAR 6.1 2011/2012 2nd and third highest fielding percentages in the history of the White Sox at 2b
Dayan .254/.298/.424/.722 bWAR 0.7 Massive Defensive liability, numbers in decline for three straight years (see OPS) and not a big enough bat for DH.

Sorry, you just are letting your heart trump your brain here.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I can see this happening this year:

Dayan Viciedo:

In 500 ABS -- .265/ 32/ 90

Gordon Beckham:

In 120 ABS -- .210/ 3/ 15

Only reason to keep Beckham????? Better hair.

On What Gaming System?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
yeah, those Angels really loved him didn't they? They really tried to have him bring that depth to their team didn't they? Did he have a hit during his tour there?

He did exactly what they asked for. OPS .756 OPS+ 117 :shrug:

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Wait a minute.......... I thought they were bringing him in for "insurance"? Its a given that he won't hit. So we basically have a weak-hitting $2M scrub on the bench. Pathetic.

Yes, that about sums it up. I'm not happy about it either. The Sox don't have enough depth to make any significant trades at the moment, so we fans have to live with these kinds of moves. Everything hinges on how well things turn out by the AS break.

Dayan is still in the organization, so the Sox can send him to the minors or trade him to a team looking for right-handed power. If it were my choice, I'd waive him, but that's just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Doom and gloom talk for a team most of its fans think will win its division. Teams can make moves like this when they have the starting pitching the Sox have.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Doom and gloom talk for a team most of its fans think will win its division. Teams can make moves like this when they have the starting pitching the Sox have.

People who rock the White Sox hat are smarter and more pragmatic. The Cubby fans can trip out on rainbows and skittles, I prefer red meat, carved up and served hot on a World Series commemorative platter.[emoji39]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
What were you hoping to accomplish by making your irrelevant post?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

Do you really think most of it's fans think the Sox will win the division? I'm not talking the meatball ones, the other ones.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Do you really think most of it's fans think the Sox will win the division? I'm not talking the meatball ones, the other ones.
Before the season starts most fans are meatballs. It doesn't matter what team it is.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Before the season starts most fans are meatballs. It doesn't matter what team it is.

Oh, I agree, but I am excluding those as my question to you stated perhaps not so clearly.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Further proof of the meatballism of fans is that I stated, "teams can make moves like this when they have the starting pitching the Sox have" and it gets ignored.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Further proof of the meatballism of fans is that I stated, "teams can make moves like this when they have the starting pitching the Sox have" and it gets ignored.

I'm sorry, not sure what you are talking about. I agree that teams with above average or better SP can take a hit offensively with a position player or two

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
So do non-meatball Sox fans think the team WILL WIN THE DIVISION Parade?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
So do non-meatball Sox fans think the team WILL WIN THE DIVISION Parade?
OK. Let's break this down properly. 70% meatballs. 15% meatballs who think they are fair and balanced. 10% are so negative about their own team that they are probably negative Nellies in all facets of life. That leaves 5%. That 5% should think that the Sox can compete with KC and one other team that isn't Detroit. The only suspicion should be regarding the lineup and I am sure Dews will come along soon and tell me the Sox have plenty of veteran bats and the rookie will have an even better sophomore season.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
OK. Let's break this down properly. 70% meatballs. 15% meatballs who think they are fair and balanced. 10% are so negative about their own team that they are probably negative Nellies in all facets of life. That leaves 5%. That 5% should think that the Sox can compete with KC and one other team that isn't Detroit. The only suspicion should be regarding the lineup and I am sure Dews will come along soon and tell me the Sox have plenty of veteran bats and the rookie will have an even better sophomore season.

Now I am really lost. You are breaking down the 70% meatballs, the 30% other, the 85% meatballs? The 100% meatballs? you are all over with your numbers and I cannot follow. Can you please rephrase?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
What I posted wasn't that confusing. The percentages add up to 100%. 70+15 = 85% meatballs. 10% are so pessimistic even their loyal dog starts to hate them. That's 95%. So the remaining 5% are smart fans who believe that the moves Hahn made for pitching alone should make the Sox a frontrunner for the division.

Last edited:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
What I posted wasn't that confusing. The percentages add up to 100%. 70+15 = 85% meatballs. 10% are so pessimistic even their loyal dog starts to hate them. That's 95%. So the remaining 5% are smart fans who believe that the moves Hahn made for pitching alone should make the Sox a frontrunner for the division.

OK, thanks for clarifying because your post was confusing.

So you think there are only "front runners" and not "will win" as your earlier post said. I'd agree, given everything I see it as a three horse race with possibly the addition of the Indians. I'd love to say the Twins hit on the specs from the gate, but the odds are low. Then again they are the Twins and twice in my lifetime I believe have gone from worst to first in a single season.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
OK, thanks for clarifying because your post was confusing.

So you think there are only "front runners" and not "will win" as your earlier post said. I'd agree, given everything I see it as a three horse race with possibly the addition of the Indians. I'd love to say the Twins hit on the specs from the gate, but the odds are low. Then again they are the Twins and twice in my lifetime I believe have gone from worst to first in a single season.
Check the bolded here and clarify, please.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Check the bolded here and clarify, please.

I would define Front Runner as someone that is either a leader or in a mix of those that could be a leader. In this example the White Sox are in the mix of the teams that could win the AL Central this year in 2015 with teams like the Tigers, Royals, and Indians

I would define Will Win as someone saying that the White Sox are the clear favorites and barring any catastrophe will be team standing at the end in the AL Central.