Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
"From an outsider coming in I had a different perspective than a lot of guys because they were downtrodden from everything that happened," Feely said. "They lacked leadership in the locker from from the players and also the coaching staff. Trestman was a super nice guy, I really liked him but I don't think he held guys accountable enough and I don't think he had enough leadership in that locker room."

Feely wouldn't discredit Trestman's offensive expertise, but did target one specific area his former head coach was lacking in: leadership.

"I think with Trestman, it was a little awkward when he spoke," Feely said. "He didn’t really connect with guys. You can have that as a coach if you have a strong locker room and you have good leaders in the locker room. If you don’t have leaders in the locker room, you don’t have a coach who inspires, then you have a losing season.”

More at this link...

http://www.csnchicago.com/bears/ex-bears-k-jay-feely-it-was-awkward-when-marc-trestman-spoke?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

stallan54

Liked Posts:
I remember cringing when I read that Tim Brown article when we hired Trestman. I turned a blind eye though. How spot on was that?? And then the curiosity about the Trestman / Cutler connection. That soured really quick. Let's ask him about some insight on Fox! :)

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He also said their was lots of talent on this team.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Season was over when Feely got here. What he saw was after the writing was on the wall. Last 4 games. He's not wrong but it's a jaundice view on a team that knew big changes were coming.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Season was over when Feely got here. What he saw was after the writing was on the wall. Last 4 games. He's not wrong but it's a jaundice view on a team that new big changes were coming.

Good point. Even though we all knew that Cutler wasn't much of a leader the head coach should be leading no matter how bad things are.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I thought until now it was the former QB AJ Feely... had no clue what his old time maybe with Trestman in Miami would of meant, lol.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
tempotf_browns_121513_18-nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Nobody cares..

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know how this is news. Thanks for going out on a limb Jay, we had no idea this team was a sinking ship. Is water wet too?