Alabama safety Landon Collins All-22 coaches tape vs. LSU 2014

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Color me unimpressed. He doesn't have much in the way of coverage responsibilities and he's an average in the box safety. It's only one game but I continue to see a prospect that is not of top-10 value. Maybe some more coaches tape will make it's way online in the next four months so we can get a better look at him, but for now I'd put him behind Pryor. I see some quick feet, a somewhat smooth pedal and transition, but I'm not blown away by his ability. I was honestly expecting to see something affirmed all that I keep hearing about Collins, but didn't see it in this game.

[video]https://youtube.com/watch?v=72ZBT5Tl9yc[/video]

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Watched the first 2:30. Nothing special in that short sample size. He's better physically than anyone on the Bears' roster right now but I didn't see anything that said top 10 pick.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When was the last safety with a top 10 grade?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
When was the last safety with a top 10 grade?

I dunno, it's rare. Haha and Kenny Vaccaro were borderline iirc. Mark Barron maybe. I'm sure Collins will end up going in the middle of the round like most of the top safeties these days.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
All we need now is Bort to come along and tell us about his world class Olympic speed that he does NOT possess.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
He looked very impressive to me. Every player gets used in every game or misses assignments. It's just a part of football.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
He looked very impressive to me. Every player gets used in every game or misses assignments. It's just a part of football.

No one is saying he missed assignments etc. What was noticed was a lack of range no elite speed, no elite athleticism, certainly not size, no man to man coverage skills, no ball hawking skills, hell not even elite downhill run defense skills. I saw an average run defender who is mediocre in coverage, in short, I saw Ryan Mundy.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
I too agree with the board consensus that Landon Collins is overrated and not worthy of a top 15 pick. What does that likely mean? Collins will go on the be a top 5 safety in the NFL.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
Collins has more range and athleticism then most safety that came out before him.

His play by play in the LSU game was good. His reaction to the ball was good, very fluid hips out of the back pedal, his movements following his receiver while he was watching the QB eyes was on point, he was overly aggressive and took bad angles on some plays but that's gonna happen with every player every game. His size and speed shows up on film to me. I have no clue what you guys are watching.

KCbear

Liked Posts:
Color me unimpressed. He doesn't have much in the way of coverage responsibilities and he's an average in the box safety. It's only one game but I continue to see a prospect that is not of top-10 value. Maybe some more coaches tape will make it's way online in the next four months so we can get a better look at him, but for now I'd put him behind Pryor. I see some quick feet, a somewhat smooth pedal and transition, but I'm not blown away by his ability. I was honestly expecting to see something affirmed all that I keep hearing about Collins, but didn't see it in this game.

[video]https://youtube.com/watch?v=72ZBT5Tl9yc[/video]

i agree... he doesn't look like anything special to me...

anyone going in the top 10 should at least look special even to the uninformed couch scout like myself.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Watched the first 2:30. Nothing special in that short sample size. He's better physically than anyone on the Bears' roster right now but I didn't see anything that said top 10 pick.

I skipped the first 2:30 but the rest wasn't much better. He is no Mike Brown.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Collins will not and is not a top ten pick in this draft.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
meh... I would much rather have Cody Prewitt in the second, best safety in the draft!

GBlaze08

Member in Ommys mouth
Liked Posts:
Collins has more range and athleticism then most safety that came out before him.

His play by play in the LSU game was good. His reaction to the ball was good, very fluid hips out of the back pedal, his movements following his receiver while he was watching the QB eyes was on point, he was overly aggressive and took bad angles on some plays but that's gonna happen with every player every game. His size and speed shows up on film to me. I have no clue what you guys are watching.

Start your own blog. This one is BF51s. Stop trying to down the local board scout.

P.S. Colliins would be shit at #7

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I've asked this before, worth it again I think: Is Landon Collins really a top 7 pick, or is he thought of as a top 7 pick because that is a glaring need of the Bears?

Bort

Liked Posts:
All we need now is Bort to come along and tell us about his world class Olympic speed that he does NOT possess.

Your opinion doesn't matter. Facts matter. The nice thing about a prospect who was a track star in high school is that we don't have to watch film of him and try to guess how fast he really is.

Landon Collins has been clocked at an actual track meet at 10.28 in the 100 meter dash. This isn't an opinion I've gleaned from watching him play football. This is an actual measurement of him sprinting at an actual event with fully automated timing. And this is world class speed. Period.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Your opinion doesn't matter. Facts matter. The nice thing about a prospect who was a track star in high school is that we don't have to watch film of him and try to guess how fast he really is.

Landon Collins has been clocked at an actual track meet at 10.28 in the 100 meter dash. This isn't an opinion I've gleaned from watching him play football. This is an actual measurement of him sprinting at an actual event with fully automated timing. And this is world class speed. Period.

100 meter dash in shorts on a track surface means jack shit in football, same can be said about the 40 yard dash. The only numbers that really translate are the 10 yard split on a 40 and 3 cone drills. Most that other crap makes guys like you cream their pants over the latest installment of Looks like Tarzan, Plays like Jane coming to a Combine near you.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:

That's great. Was this before or after he added 20-pounds in college followed by the addition of another 20-pounds of football equipment?