Comparing the te position

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Olsen with the Bears is not the Olsen with the Panthers. Trading him was probably the best thing that happened to him (humbled him). Marty B but needs to be more game to game consistent.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Can't say I agree. I don't see where his attitude interfered. Olsen went down on contact as a receiver but how many of our receivers outside of Bennett at the time didn't? He was also improving at his blocking but as soon as Martz was signed, you knew Olsen was gone.

Last edited:

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it was more it took him more time to adjust to the str of the people he was trying to block ect ect at the nfl lvl and good coaching he has developed into a very very good te at the nfl lvl now and the bears would be far better with him now than they are without him

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think it was more it took him more time to adjust to the str of the people he was trying to block ect ect at the nfl lvl and good coaching he has developed into a very very good te at the nfl lvl now and the bears would be far better with him now than they are without him

they were with him then, and even if he were "only" a receiving te, he never balked at being assigned shit like "h back" role in martz's offense. and he was improving at blocking and everything else right up until the point he got traded (contrary to meatball consciousness). it says a lot that angelo opposed lovie on hiring martz until he was all that was left, and then bent over and let him get traded when he was one of our only consistent offensive weapons at the time. angelo allowed one of his last remaining first round picks to be traded away. spelled the end.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I don't get the narrative of the Olsen trade being an end.. it seriously made Cutler play his best he had at all as a Bear. Olsen definitely had better ability than the other options but Bennett came on as the actual better numbers having go to target late in 2010. It wasn't just Olsen went down with contact quickly though, he also had a very low percentage of balls completed for a top target. There was a guy on a forum I used to be at that always cataloged that, and for Olsen is was a bad rate of often at/below 50% of passes thrown his way completed. They weren't all what you'd categorize as drops because a lot of them were contact caused incompletions. He just wasn't great for a bears historical TE really.

I don't think we can just ignore how valuable Kellen Davis is to be absent on the list of great TEs.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kellen davis?

gallery_83989_34767_13866101784c036b943f758.gif

GBlaze08

Member in Ommys mouth
Liked Posts:
Kellen davis?

gallery_83989_34767_13866101784c036b943f758.gif

Sure. If you threw it 5 feet over his head in the endzone he would one hand snag that shit. Throw it at his numbers and he had the dropsies. I don't know wtf ClydeLee was trying to say, but Kellen was a joke of a TE.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I find it odd that Ditka olsen clark and bennet are really the only te's mentioned here are they really the only good ones we have had? id hoped for some names to pop up I didn't recognize

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
plus I was lookin forward to see the concensous best ever and who all everyones favs were but like no one is following the premise of the thread haha

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
plus I was lookin forward to see the concensous best ever and who all everyones favs were but like no one is following the premise of the thread haha

Can we talk about hover boards then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk