All-Star Reserves Announced

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Not relevant

Very relevant. Neither of them have done anything to make their team better this season. I can understand 1 player from a sub .500 team making it (see Cousins, he deserves it). But two, that should never ever happen. If you have 2 all-stars on your roster, your team should not be 5 games under .500 and playing that way all season.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, sub-.500 teams should have all-stars. The best players don't always play on the best teams. Most of them do, but some don't.

Bosh deserved to be an all-star this season. Wade has had a better year than Kyle Korver but has played 12 less games. All in all, Korver's low-volume scoring (as efficient as his shooting is) is not all-star worthy.

Rose doesn't deserve to be an all-star. He's having a terrible year by his standards. And he hasn't even played high minutes.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Yes, sub-.500 teams should have all-stars. The best players don't always play on the best teams. Most of them do, but some don't.

Bosh deserved to be an all-star this season. Wade has had a better year than Kyle Korver but has played 12 less games. All in all, Korver's low-volume scoring (as efficient as his shooting is) is not all-star worthy.

Rose doesn't deserve to be an all-star. He's having a terrible year by his standards. And he hasn't even played high minutes.

Agree with everything but the part in bold.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Very relevant. Neither of them have done anything to make their team better this season. I can understand 1 player from a sub .500 team making it (see Cousins, he deserves it). But two, that should never ever happen. If you have 2 all-stars on your roster, your team should not be 5 games under .500 and playing that way all season.

Umm, are you saying the Heat would have the same record without Bosh and Wade as they would with them?

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The fact that Westbrook made the All-Star team over Lillard offends every bone in my body. Westbrook has missed a good deal of time, and Lillard is flat-out having a better season in every conceivable way.

Lillard would be the best guard in the East. He's better than Wall and Irving, in my opinion.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agree with everything but the part in bold.

What makes Korver valuable as a player is his scoring efficiency. It'd be one with if he had value outside of that facet, but he doesn't. He's a below average defender and is barely mediocre in terms of rebounds and assists. 50-50-90 is unbelievable. But you know he could never do that as a 1st scoring option. He's option 4a/4b right now.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
The fact that Westbrook made the All-Star team over Lillard offends every bone in my body. Westbrook has missed a good deal of time, and Lillard is flat-out having a better season in every conceivable way.

Lillard would be the best guard in the East. He's better than Wall and Irving, in my opinion.

I agree that Lillard is better than wall and Irving and that he would be the best guard in the east...but look at Westbrook. 4th in the NBA in per(lillard is 25th), 3rd in scoring, 6th in assists, and 1st in steals. I'm pretty sure he's shooting a better % than Lillard is as well. He's having a fantastic season, quite a bit better than Lillard. People are going to get snubbed in the west cause it's so loaded. If you're going to take a player off the team, it should probably be Durant.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
What makes Korver valuable as a player is his scoring efficiency. It'd be one with if he had value outside of that facet, but he doesn't. He's a below average defender and is barely mediocre in terms of rebounds and assists. 50-50-90 is unbelievable. But you know he could never do that as a 1st scoring option. He's option 4a/4b right now.

Hey, just take the point of agreement, will ya. I know this is internetz and all, but I just disagree on Kyle, his impact, this season, and what he does. Korver has a case, it's been made ad nauseam and also, the case against him has been made ad nauseam between sports writers. Once you get into that argument, IMO, a player is worthy. Key word, worthy, not optimal, maybe not the the absolute best choice, but worthy, sure. ASG, not All-NBA team. That is where people mix all this up.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey, just take the point of agreement, will ya. I know this is internetz and all, but I just disagree on Kyle, his impact, this season, and what he does. Korver has a case, it's been made ad nauseam and also, the case against him has been made ad nauseam between sports writers. Once you get into that argument, IMO, a player is worthy. Key word, worthy, not optimal, maybe not the the absolute best choice, but worthy, sure. ASG, not All-NBA team. That is where people mix all this up.

Yeah, I understand what you are saying for sure.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree that Lillard is better than wall and Irving and that he would be the best guard in the east...but look at Westbrook. 4th in the NBA in per(lillard is 25th), 3rd in scoring, 6th in assists, and 1st in steals. I'm pretty sure he's shooting a better % than Lillard is as well. He's having a fantastic season, quite a bit better than Lillard. People are going to get snubbed in the west cause it's so loaded. If you're going to take a player off the team, it should probably be Durant.

I agree and I went a bit overboard when I said 'every conceivable way'.

I strongly feel Lillard deserves it over Westbrook and Durant.

Westbrook: 33 games played . 32 minutes-per . 25 points per-game .

Lillard: 48 games played . 36 minutes-per . 22 points per-game.

Lillard is actually a more efficient scorer than Westbrook. (2pt%: Lillard-48- Westbrook-45 ; 3pt%: Lillard-35 - Westbrook-26 ; FT%: Lillard-86 - Westbrook-81.

Lillard has less assists but also less turnovers, and a better AST:TOV.

Maybe Westbrook is a better player, but there's no doubt as to who's having the better season so far.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd actually argue Duncan shouldn't be an AS this year. Arguing Lilliard vs Westbrook kind of misses the mark.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd actually argue Duncan shouldn't be an AS this year. Arguing Lilliard vs Westbrook kind of misses the mark.

The order I'd go in terms of most deserving and down for reserves:

1. Paul, Lac
2. Aldridge, Por
3. Harden, Hou
4. Lillard, Por
5. Cousins, Sac - losing record but you can't ignore what he's done; MVP candidate, imo. Kings could be worst team in NBA w/o him
6. Duncan, Sas - maybe the DPOY; starter minutes (30 isn't very high) but very efficient in terms of offense. Not easy to put over Westbrook.
7. Westbrook, Okc - not enough games but more than Durant
----
8. Durant, Okc - not enough games