Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
"We're a better-looking team." - Cooper

Totally right. Players still have to perform and the team has to overcome their manager.
You forgot to add this, which is important, too. "and now the playing field has been leveled off a whole lot more." So essentially the Sox move up, the previous leaders are falling back some. At least that's the way I took it.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
You forgot to add this, which is important, too. "and now the playing field has been leveled off a whole lot more." So essentially the Sox move up, the previous leaders are falling back some. At least that's the way I took it.

100%...Mike Murphy, local Chicago radio personality and a die hard Cub fan from the 60's used to have a regular caller on that said The Cubs don't have to get better, the teams ahead just need to get worse. It was funny, but there's a lot of truth there as it relates to the White Sox. The teams in front did seem to get worse but instead of staying pat and just counting on the injury bug not to strike hard again, the Sox improved the team too.

Man I can't wait for Pitchers and Catchers to report in three weeks!

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Sox fans don't get carried away like other fan bases. We are the team's harshest critics when they're bad.

Last year, most Sox fans on this board predicted the Sox would win between 75 and 80 games. They pretty much nailed it if not for injuries.

This year, we're more optimistic because of our pitching depth, additions to the bullpen and Melky in LF. If everyone stays healthy (Avi, Sale, Abreu) and Alexei, Eaton and Gillaspie continue to produce, we should win anywhere between 83 and 88 games.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
All I can say is ............ OPEN YOUR DAMN WALLET, REINY. LET THE BATS OUT AND LET THEM TRADE OR SIGN FOR A COUPLE MORE PITCHERS!!!!!!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just don't be a penny saved and a pound foolish, boys!!!!! Don't stand pat. You got better and a couple of other clubs got worse. So what???? The pitching is thin and so is the outfield. The catching is below average. This team has still some pretty large weaknesses for a "contending" club.

A like optimism but I like talent just as much. Get us more talent and I'll have more optimism:)