Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Rose always turns up for the star matchups. In many ways this is sort of like how the team plays. Against top teams they'll try hard and hustle and do things we want them to do. Against bottom feeders? Meh.
Well, how does one get that mentality to end?

The Bulls play 16 more games against playoff teams this year versus 19 against likely non-playoff teams....

Thunderfoot

Liked Posts:
What's weird is Rose has trouble guarding Jeremy Lin and blowing past him, but actually does a good job on Stephen Curry... Is that just him taking things for granted then?
I wonder if it's strength that helps Rose keep Curry in check. Curry is still pretty slender. Good point though.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Defense is the Bulls problem. Period. End of Story.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wonder if it's strength that helps Rose keep Curry in check. Curry is still pretty slender. Good point though.
Nah, it's because he actually tried against Curry. You can tell when he tries.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
yeah he is part of the problem

he is playing flat out selfish basketball....he doesn't ever look to pass and he takes quite allot of terrible 3's

for example in the OT last night Rose dribbles up the court and just pulls up for a 3 with 20 seconds on the clock

i thought he had lost his mind...he was 0-5 from 3 and shooting 31% on the season

however the lack of energy from the whole team is the big problem

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
yeah he is part of the problem

he is playing flat out selfish basketball....he doesn't ever look to pass and he takes quite allot of terrible 3's

for example in the OT last night Rose dribbles up the court and just pulls up for a 3 with 20 seconds on the clock

i thought he had lost his mind...he was 0-5 from 3 and shooting 31% on the season

however the lack of energy from the whole team is the big problem
He had more than 1 assist and less than 11 turnovers though so he was less selfish than when we beat GS :elephant: :turtle: :marshmallow:

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
Guys seriously just pick somewhere and land already. It's always either Rose defers too much insted of attacking (see every damned thread at the beginning of the year) to Rose is playing too selfish & attacking too much (see every thread the past 2 weeks). Just fucking pick a damn side already and stick with it. These threads are getting so annoying.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Guys seriously just pick somewhere and land already. It's always either Rose defers too much insted of attacking (see every damned thread at the beginning of the year) to Rose is playing too selfish & attacking too much (see every thread the past 2 weeks). Just fucking pick a damn side already and stick with it. These threads are getting so annoying.
Haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
He had more than 1 assist and less than 11 turnovers though so he was less selfish than when we beat GS :elephant: :turtle: :marshmallow:

he was selfish in that game too but made up for it with his defense and shot making

last night he was just bad

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why couldn't this thread be made after he made the GW shot against GS?.......

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:

he needs to find his way back to how he was the year he got hurt

he had found a perfect medium of scoring and passing

it was actually

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

There's a Rose sucks thread like every game now

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
he needs to find his way back to how he was the year he got hurt

he had found a perfect medium of scoring and passing

Yes and that takes TIME. This notion that he would come back to the court after 2 years away from it & miraculously be back to that level consistently was extremely naive thinking on most fans parts. Not saying that's specifically you but I've seen more than enough posters on here that had that mentality. Nothing I've seen from Rose this year has surprised me. He's trying to find his way back into the league & how he can be that MVP-type player but incorporate all the new weapons he's never had a chance to play with.

But every day it's "Rose fucking blows" or "Rose is getting back to MVP level" or "Rose is being a selfish fuck". The dude hasn't played for 2 years. Calm the F down people.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
But every day it's "Rose fucking blows" or "Rose is getting back to MVP level" or "Rose is being a selfish fuck". The dude hasn't played for 2 years. Calm the F down people.

thats how it is lol

this thread is fair....Rose is/has been playing real selfishly and needs to cool it

hes trying too hard to prove himself and its hurting the team

plus there is no excuse for the ill advised 3's he takes

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
thats how it is lol

at this point this thread is fair....Rose is playing real selfishly and needs to cool it

hes trying too hard to prove himself and its hurting the team

plus there is no excuse for the ill advised 3's he takes

Look I agree, on some points, not so much the selfish stuff because he is driving and kicking alot. It's more so the dumb shots he's been taking early in the shot clock. But once again, I understand he's trying to find his place not only in the league but on this team again and that's going to take likely another month or so. He JUST got fully comfortable mentally to attack the way he used to. Now he has to figure out when are the best times to do it & when not to.

The distrubing thing I've noticed is that he gets ZERO foul calls now and it's not like he isn't getting hit on almost every drive he takes. I don't know what the refs problems are with him but he should be getting waaaaay more calls than he is right now & it has helped turn his FG% into complete crap.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
There's a Rose sucks thread like every game now

No one's saying Rose sucks. What we're saying is the turnovers, unwillingness to pass or run plays and poor shooting percentage is hurting the team. Everyone wants Rose to score and be the leader, within the confines of the system the Bulls are running. However, unselfishness, tenacity and toughness are what Bulls basketball is all about. He seems to have forgotten that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Yes and that takes TIME. This notion that he would come back to the court after 2 years away from it & miraculously be back to that level consistently was extremely naive thinking on most fans parts. Not saying that's specifically you but I've seen more than enough posters on here that had that mentality. Nothing I've seen from Rose this year has surprised me. He's trying to find his way back into the league & how he can be that MVP-type player but incorporate all the new weapons he's never had a chance to play with.

Don't agree. Dude should have brought his ass back on the court when advised to. Then that excuse couldn't be used. But if he is going to go out on the court and play...he is a point guard. He should go out there and put his team in the best position to win offensively. When his shot isn't going...get others involved.

I watched plenty of nights when Jordan couldn't hit his shot...he went to the basket...relentlessly. Rose has to do that...but then again he doesn't have to do that. Butler was doing it.

When I read certain posters stating that Butler's role should be reduced offensively, or Pau shouldn't be allowed to post when certain players are on the floor...I just shake my head. Crazy bad analysis there.

Rose is playing bad basketball mentally out there, that includes the Golden State game. He is like 20 for 60 from the field over his last two games. Sometime amidst shooting 60 damn shots it should trigger that what he's doing ain't working right now and he has other players that can get it done until he gets his game back in top shape.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Look I agree, on some points, not so much the selfish stuff because he is driving and kicking alot. It's more so the dumb shots he's been taking early in the shot clock. But once again, I understand he's trying to find his place not only in the league but on this team again and that's going to take likely another month or so. He JUST got fully comfortable mentally to attack the way he used to. Now he has to figure out when are the best times to do it & when not to.

The distrubing thing I've noticed is that he gets ZERO foul calls now and it's not like he isn't getting hit on almost every drive he takes. I don't know what the refs problems are with him but he should be getting waaaaay more calls than he is right now & it has helped turn his FG% into complete crap.

i'll agree with you on the freethrows...he doesn't ever get calls

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rose has never really been one that the refs have given the benefit of the doubt to. Lone exception being his MVP year. And even then he didn't get as many foul calls as he should have imo. What annoys me is that he's taken the Taj attitude of whining after every missed call...not that I can blame him, but that's something that I've noticed this team tends to do a lot of.

Status
Not open for further replies.