Martysaurus let's it sling on Jay and Trestman on ESPN

Joker85

Liked Posts:
Martysaurus lets it sling on Jay and Trestman on ESPN

Anyone see him on first take today? Pretty much the most honest confirmation of the things we've all known. At first he tried to do the usual PC player speak but after both the hosts put him on the spot he finally started letting some pretty obvious truths out. Said he wasn't sure how much Jay actually cared about winning (after being prodded by Stephen A repeatedly) and that he even asked Jay himself at one point how much he actually wants it. Went onto say Trestman was a smart guy and a nice guy but not a leader for a football team. He said it was like someone from google trying to run a football team.

Nothing groundbreaking as we knew these things for a while now, but it is nice to see the truth slip through from players, even those initially trying to hide it behind the usual player stonewalling conditioning to not say anything bad about team mates/coaches.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
rambo-4-sniper-ii-o.gif

Doug Plank

Liked Posts:
I litigate for a living. It's a competitive, win or lose type of business. You lose the case, you lose the client, and you potentially lose your job.

You cannot teach competitiveness and the will to win. You either have it or you don't, and there's nothing worse than having someone on your team that is not willing to make the sacrifices necessary to win a case.

I can't imagine the level of frustration I would feel if the "leader" of my ship didn't give a shit. While I'm probably reading too much into it, I found that picture from the other day of the players in the shower pretty telling (Josh appearing to lead the entire crew with Cutler wilting back with that "I can't fucking believe that they are making me do this shit" look on his face).

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Less drops please.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

GBlaze08

Member in Ommys mouth
Liked Posts:
I litigate for a living. It's a competitive, win or lose type of business. You lose the case, you lose the client, and you potentially lose your job.

You cannot teach competitiveness and the will to win. You either have it or you don't, and there's nothing worse than having someone on your team that is not willing to make the sacrifices necessary to win a case.

I can't imagine the level of frustration I would feel if the "leader" of my ship didn't give a shit. While I'm probably reading too much into it, I found that picture from the other day of the players in the shower pretty telling (Josh appearing to lead the entire crew with Cutler wilting back with that "I can't fucking believe that they are making me do this shit" look on his face).

So you are a lawyer?

disliked for scum.

Kidding..........?

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:

sniper-elite-v2-o.gif

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
So I guess the rumors about Jeff George were true...

Cutler is his love child when he played at the U of IL.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
While I'm probably reading too much into it, I found that picture from the other day of the players in the shower pretty telling (Josh appearing to lead the entire crew with Cutler wilting back with that "I can't fucking believe that they are making me do this shit" look on his face).

That was a pre-game prayer, and McCown is very religious. So yes, as for that photo, you are reading waaaay to much into it. Jay puts in significant off season work with teammates, that isn't the problem. He seems to check out pretty easily once the die has been cast with regard to the season. He has plenty of late game rallies, but once he realized Martz, or Tice , or Trestman were done he doesn't possess that rah rah gene many QB's do.

I think with regard to any given season, he can be a leader from the front, or middle, but once the losses mount toward statistical elimination, he checks out.

GBlaze08

Member in Ommys mouth
Liked Posts:
That was a pre-game prayer, and McCown is very religious. So yes, as for that photo, you are reading waaaay to much into it. Jay puts in significant off season work with teammates, that isn't the problem. He seems to check out pretty easily once the die has been cast with regard to the season. He has plenty of late game rallies, but once he realized Martz, or Tice , or Trestman were done he doesn't possess that rah rah gene many QB's do.

I think with regard to any given season, he can be a leader from the front, or middle, but once the losses mount toward statistical elimination, he checks out.

Are you saying he doesn't care?

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
I have a newsflash for each and everyone who is a fan of the NFL....

The first priority of every professional athlete should/usually is securing enough money so that when the inevitable happens, and their bodies fail them, they and their current or future families are completely set for life at a reasonably high quality of life....

Their second priority is somehow surviving the gauntlet of the NFL without completely compromising their quality of life for the 35-55 yrs after football they will hopefully be living.

After that, go ahead and be a winner and sacrifice everything for this and that and I am a lawyer....blah blah blah.....

If those aren't your priorities when you enter the NFL, something is very wrong with your mindset.

In no way, shape or form does that mean I think Jay Cutler is a good leader or exhibits good leadership traits, but the whole speech on being born a winner and all that Jazz really is just nauseating to me.

Most people that talk like that are full of shit......Eli Manning won 2 SB's before he was 30; is he a "born winner" ?

OnemanWolfpack

Liked Posts:
If Jay Cutler has made it this far just on talent alone... without giving a single shit.... Then he must be the most talented QB to ever play the game. How can you play anything and not want to win? And the basical rule of the NFL is more wins = more money, especially for a QB. Jay`s attitude is shitty, he isn`t the rah rah leader that you would want from a QB, but he wants to win. He isn`t skipping workouts and meetings, he shows up and puts all the work in he is supposed to. He even does extra work with his teamates. I would say his attitude is the way it is because that is how he copes with the stress of being a NFL QB. I don`t have a problem with anybody questioning his ability to lead a team or to be an above average QB, but I do have a problem when people think that he doesn`t want to win. Again, does he have what it takes to win, maybe not, but he does want it. It`s impossible to get to this level, especially as a QB, and not want it.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
smh, after all the media drama killing the locker room last year Bennett thinks its a good idea to go on First Take?

Thanks asshole

fuckin Cutler will never throw you the ball now

Bears1985defense

Liked Posts:
smh, after all the media drama killing the locker room last year Bennett thinks its a good idea to go on First Take?

Thanks asshole

fuckin Cutler will never throw you the ball now

I think the drama and questions will continue to follow Cutler and his teammates wherever he goes. I would prefer the Bears players not get sucked into the drama but they're fair questions for the media to ask.