Are you saying he doesn't care?
It's more this.

31046888.jpg

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If we cut him after that turrible pro bowl performance like I suggested, this whole situation coulda been avoided...

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I have a newsflash for each and everyone who is a fan of the NFL....

The first priority of every professional athlete should/usually is securing enough money so that when the inevitable happens, and their bodies fail them, they and their current or future families are completely set for life at a reasonably high quality of life....

Their second priority is somehow surviving the gauntlet of the NFL without completely compromising their quality of life for the 35-55 yrs after football they will hopefully be living.

After that, go ahead and be a winner and sacrifice everything for this and that and I am a lawyer....blah blah blah.....

If those aren't your priorities when you enter the NFL, something is very wrong with your mindset.

Completely disagree.

Some people are in it for the money. But there's also plenty of them that are in it to win, and to win at just about any cost: their long-term physical health be damned.

If so many of those guys are worried about their long-term financial stability, why are so many of them going broke soon after they retire?

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Jay Cutler has made it this far just on talent alone... without giving a single shit.... Then he must be the most talented QB to ever play the game. How can you play anything and not want to win? And the basical rule of the NFL is more wins = more money, especially for a QB. Jay`s attitude is shitty, he isn`t the rah rah leader that you would want from a QB, but he wants to win. He isn`t skipping workouts and meetings, he shows up and puts all the work in he is supposed to. He even does extra work with his teamates. I would say his attitude is the way it is because that is how he copes with the stress of being a NFL QB. I don`t have a problem with anybody questioning his ability to lead a team or to be an above average QB, but I do have a problem when people think that he doesn`t want to win. Again, does he have what it takes to win, maybe not, but he does want it. It`s impossible to get to this level, especially as a QB, and not want it.

My stance on Cutler is well documented, but even I don't think he doesn't care or doesn't want to win. Jay's problem since he entered the league has always been between his ears, and we all hoped as the game slowed down with experience for him, he would make better decisions, especially when the game was on the line. For whatever reason, that has not happened, and got worse this year. After 6 years here, that has become unacceptable moving forward.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hyatt when you right you right

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Does first take still employ dana chewbacca jacobson?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
She had great chemistry with skip poodle mullet minge bayless

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My stance on Cutler is well documented, but even I don't think he doesn't care or doesn't want to win. Jay's problem since he entered the league has always been between his ears, and we all hoped as the game slowed down with experience for him, he would make better decisions, especially when the game was on the line. For whatever reason, that has not happened, and got worse this year. After 6 years here, that has become unacceptable moving forward.

I honestly thought he'd get better when he lost the triple chin. Then he lost it, and still sucked.. Proved that theory moot.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Cutler watched first take and was like donn' care and then got a rim job from cavallari while eating $500 bills
I call bullshit. They haven't printed$500 bills since 1945.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
If Jay Cutler has made it this far just on talent alone... without giving a single shit.... Then he must be the most talented QB to ever play the game. How can you play anything and not want to win? And the basical rule of the NFL is more wins = more money, especially for a QB. Jay`s attitude is shitty, he isn`t the rah rah leader that you would want from a QB, but he wants to win. He isn`t skipping workouts and meetings, he shows up and puts all the work in he is supposed to. He even does extra work with his teamates. I would say his attitude is the way it is because that is how he copes with the stress of being a NFL QB. I don`t have a problem with anybody questioning his ability to lead a team or to be an above average QB, but I do have a problem when people think that he doesn`t want to win. Again, does he have what it takes to win, maybe not, but he does want it. It`s impossible to get to this level, especially as a QB, and not want it.

Dude, seriously? Any player when given the choice between winning and losing would chose winning. That doesn't mean every one single player in professional sports wants to win as badly as the other. Some simply want it more.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
I litigate for a living. It's a competitive, win or lose type of business. You lose the case, you lose the client, and you potentially lose your job.

You cannot teach competitiveness and the will to win. You either have it or you don't, and there's nothing worse than having someone on your team that is not willing to make the sacrifices necessary to win a case.

I can't imagine the level of frustration I would feel if the "leader" of my ship didn't give a shit. While I'm probably reading too much into it, I found that picture from the other day of the players in the shower pretty telling (Josh appearing to lead the entire crew with Cutler wilting back with that "I can't fucking believe that they are making me do this shit" look on his face).

Agreed. I'm in Enterprise Technology sales management and have been a bag carrying rep my entire career. Lots of intangibles but the will to win is a must. I'll flip the discussion - not just the will to win, but the HATRED of fucking losing. I HATE losing. Look at guy's like Jordan - said he was super competitive in EVERYTHING he did - whether it be basketball, playing cards or cheating on his wife. He wanted to be the best and DESTROY everyone else and hated himself and life when he didn't.

The 'don't care' attitude can actually be healthy, but I'd imagine there are a lot of athletes that look at their careers and the teams they are on and say 'I'm probably not going to win on this team and/or before I retire', so I'll just be happy with the fact that I'm making enough money to set up multiple generations of my family. Think about taking a job or roster spot with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

I don't know Jay. I'm not going to do the meatball 'look at his body language' shit. That said, I get the feeling (pure speculation) that losing just doesn't bother him all that much. To his defense, I'd bet a healthy portion of all pro athletes feel that way.

Back to your analogy - yes, you lose your client or job. Same with sales. Shitty quarter or two back to back and you're out. The difference is that many athletes have contracted laden with massive guarantees. In the case of Jay Cutler, he gets riches beyond measure regardless of whether the team goes 0-16 or 16-0.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
I honestly thought he'd get better when he lost the triple chin. Then he lost it, and still sucked.. Proved that theory moot.

I think the triple chin was to Jay what a flowing mane of hair was to Samson. The power was in the chin(s). Still the same QB mentally but his (arm) strength has deteriorated.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Completely disagree.

Some people are in it for the money. But there's also plenty of them that are in it to win, and to win at just about any cost: their long-term physical health be damned.

If so many of those guys are worried about their long-term financial stability, why are so many of them going broke soon after they retire?

Because they are stupid.

But they aren't alone. MANY people who have a short run of massive income go broke - traders, real estate developers, etc. They spend as if the income level will sustain. When it doesn't, left holding the tab = fucked.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Dude, seriously? Any player when given the choice between winning and losing would chose winning. That doesn't mean every one single player in professional sports wants to win as badly as the other. Some simply want it more.

But also with winning comes money - contracts, endorsements, next jobs, etc. It's all related.

It's also a job. I'd bet there are many guys doing it that really don't like it all that much. No different than any other person in a highly specialized profession.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Guys, what do YOU do for a living???