Sox Offense #9 for 2015

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Well, in my defense, I thought he was talking about the whole team. He may have been talking just offense but I didnt read it that way.

Can't blame you really. :hi5:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
He is not trolling. I have seen him in the Bears and Bulls forum. Good lord, there is homerism and then there is Hawk. I think he really is Hawk Harrelson. It would make so much sense.

That's an insult to the Hawkeroo

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Sure he was. A failure of Cubbie fans expectations. Remember how Woods was going to be the greatest pitcher in history? A new record holder for most strikeouts. A new Nolan Ryan. Hell, they couldn't wait to get rid of Greg Maddox. Just not exciting enough for all of those little Cubbie fans dreaming for a flame thrower. Funny stuff.

does the Cubs HOF include Adolfo Phillips and Dick Drott? Just asking. They were as good as Kerry boy.

Can you post links to folks claiming Wood would claim the k record, go to the Hall of Fame, or was on pace to be the best ever?!?!?!

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Hah, Hah, Hah, Hah...... Those that happened before the Civil War don't count. Did you great great great grandpappy tell you how wonderful it was along with Lincoln freeing the slaves?
Actually, if I wanted to add in pre-1900, the Cubs have an even greater ratio of WS appearances to the Sox.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Well, this is also funny because all I read is how castro has a great attitude. I'm glad people just throw out random thoughts and hope they stick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Castro has been benched for his lackadaisical play, which includes stupid base running, fielding errors on routine plays, and failing to run to 1st base with max effort. This is widely known by most people who actaully follow the game, so your ignorance of this doesn't surprise me, being a Cubs fan and all.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Actually, if I wanted to add in pre-1900, the Cubs have an even greater ratio of WS appearances to the Sox.

You know, it's sad when Cubs fans have to take it all the way back to the dead-ball era when they talk about WS appearances. [emoji3]

The Sox have three WS chamionships, the Cubs have two. If not for the Black Sox scandal in 1919 and the strike in 1994, the Sox would have five WS titles. Stick to the popularity line, because that's all you guys have to talk about. I'll take championships over bandwagon-ism any day.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Castro has been benched for his lackadaisical play, which includes stupid base running, fielding errors on routine plays, and failing to run to 1st base with max effort. This is widely known by most people who actaully follow the game, so your ignorance of this doesn't surprise me, being a Cubs fan and all.

:obama::turrible::bizarro:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You know, it's sad when Cubs fans have to take it all the way back to the dead-ball era when they talk about WS appearances. [emoji3]

The Sox have three WS chamionships, the Cubs have two. If not for the Black Sox scandal in 1919 and the strike in 1994, the Sox would have five WS titles. Stick to the popularity line, because that's all you guys have to talk about. I'll take championships over bandwagon-ism any day.

Lol that says how much of a tool you are. :lmao:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I guess that was when they were getting paid in Confederate money, eh? Probably also, when they installed the plumbing in Piggley.......Cat Hole latrines anyone?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I guess that was when they were getting paid in Confederate money, eh? Probably also, when they installed the plumbing in Piggley.......Cat Hole latrines anyone?
The smelly plumbing is one of the reasons I don't go to games at Wrigley. ;)

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:

Not sure about 1919, but 1994 the Expos would've given any team an incredible run for their money. Nothing is guaranteed.
We can "what if" all we want. The fact of the matter is that Chicago baseball has produced only 5 WS titles in over 200 combined seasons. That's Philly and Cleveland bad.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Not sure about 1919, but 1994 the Expos would've given any team an incredible run for their money. Nothing is guaranteed.
We can "what if" all we want. The fact of the matter is that Chicago baseball has produced only 5 WS titles in over 200 combined seasons. That's Philly and Cleveland bad.

What do you mean you don't know about 1919? They threw the WS, and members of that team were banned for life. In regards to '94, the Sox were 21 games above .500 when the strike ended the season. They were on pace to win 100 games and a clear favorite to win the WS.

And please, stop trying to bring the White Sox down to the Cubs' level. The only thing the two franchises have in common is the city they play in. To be honest, the Cubs should just move to the northwest burbs of Chicago, because that's where a majority of the local fanbase live, not the city. The Cubs are too weak to represent a great metropolitan city like Chicago.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
What do you mean you don't know a out 1919? They threw the WS, and members of that team were banned for life. In regards to '94, the Sox were 21 games above .500 when the strike ended the season. They were on pace to win 100 games and a clear favorite to win the WS.

lolol

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
What do you mean you don't know a out 1919? They threw the WS, and members of that team were banned for life. In regards to '94, the Sox were 21 games above .500 when the strike ended the season. They were on pace to win 100 games and a clear favorite to win the WS.

Again, we'll never know. It's a "what if" scenario. So the WS title number for the Sox is three. You can pretend to have 5, but then you're living in a fantasy world. We can also go through baseball history to see "favorites" and determine how many of them won the WS.
I wish the '94 season wasn't canceled. There were some really good teams that season, including the White Sox. It has to be frustrating as a fan to know that the team you root for had a legitimate shot. I don't know enough about the 1919 team to make an honest assessment. My friend is a huge White Sox fan, and he's friends with a few sports historians, one of which wrote some books on the Sox (name escapes me). I met him while at Sox Fest a few years ago, and he was a really interesting person.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Paul. Don't waste your time with ChiSoxCity... he's just a giant meatball.

He's proven time and time again that he is the most unintelligent poster on CCS.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
If I remember correctly, Cleveland was the favorite to win the division that year. They ended up 1 game out when the season was lost.

Well, they might have when the season started, but I think many felt the White Sox were going to win the division when the strike happened but you make the point that there is no one taking the White Sox as the favs to win it all.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, they might have when the season started, but I think many felt the White Sox were going to win the division when the strike happened but you make the point that there is no one taking the White Sox as the favs to win it all.

I'm sure that plenty of writers chose the Sox to win the AL Central that year. Both they and Cleveland had very good rosters that season.