Blackhawks Trade Rumors Thread

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
I really cant think of that many teams lining up for him.......he sucks this year. Flat out.

I brought up New Jersey because A--Johnny played there and maintains a good relationship with Lou Lamoreillo after getting traded for Ilya Kovalchuk B--They have a need there and C--New Jersey doesn't really know what its doing after losing Zach Parise. Ryan Clowe? Mike Cammalleri?

any team looking to make a playoff push will make a bid for him.

New Jersey isn't one of those teams.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Oduya is in the last year of his contract, which makes him very attractive at the deadline as an experienced, veteran defensemen rental player with Stanley Cup experience
This would imply though that you would have to be trading him to another contender... and would the hawks do that. Then again, he'd probably only submarine a contender that that's probably your answer.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oduya certainly hasn't been playing worth a crap.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
any team looking to make a playoff push will make a bid for him.

I'm sure the Isles will be all in on just about anything at this point. Maybe even the Pens considering how they trade just about a bag of peanuts for anything.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
I'm sure the Isles will be all in on just about anything at this point. Maybe even the Pens considering how they trade just about a bag of peanuts for anything.

The Isles are leading the division and have two of the best prospects not playing in the NHL yet. Snow is being patient.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So the Oilers Dman Jeff Petry is on a 1 year contract for around 3 mil a year, seems like this is a guy Stan could get without selling the farm.

TCD

Liked Posts:
So the Oilers Dman Jeff Petry is on a 1 year contract for around 3 mil a year, seems like this is a guy Stan could get without selling the farm.

If that is the stipulation I would rather see Cody Franson believe it or not. Same boat 3.3 on the last year of his contract. Probably a bit more NHL experienced, slightly bigger, has offensive upsides and actually did play decent defense once with the Preds and that system..and he also shoots right. I know one Leaf hater who will be cringing at the thought.

Can't see the Leafs asking too much in return but then again who ever knows the standards created come deadline day. Could fetch a 1st these days for a guy like Franson with some of these crazy ass GM's.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If that is the stipulation I would rather see Cody Franson believe it or not. Same boat 3.3 on the last year of his contract. Probably a bit more NHL experienced, slightly bigger, has offensive upsides and actually did play decent defense once with the Preds and that system..and he also shoots right. I know one Leaf hater who will be cringing at the thought.

Can't see the Leafs asking too much in return but then again who ever knows the standards created come deadline day. Could fetch a 1st these days for a guy like Franson with some of these crazy ass GM's.

Nashville must have heard you.

TCD

Liked Posts:
Leipsic is a fucking great young prospect though (really really good and you always like Portland Winterhawk players as that junior team is elite as they get) and you never go wrong with a first rounder unless Brian Burke holds it. Leafs didn't do bad at all and if things go right and they dont ruin Leipsic.. they may actually have won the trade. Jokinen is just a joke cap clearing for the Preds I am sure...hes fucking useless.

But good for the Preds to shed one of their 18 centers (an old one) for another center who is a tad bit younger and will probably actually play really well for the Preds the team that drafted him (strange that both guys going back to their original teams). Franson is a good blueliner who was on a bad defensive team he will do well back in Nashville. Great trade for the playoffs for the Preds..good future trade for the Leafs. Preds got harder in the now which is a concern actually for the Hawks.

I like the trade for both teams. I am hoping Stan was at least in the conversation with the Leafs but no reasons for the Hawks to sell a really good prospsect (which would probably have been TT) and a first rounder for rentals.

Variable

Liked Posts:
May not have been rentals for Nashville, they have like 10 or 11 million in cap space I believe going into next season.

TCD

Liked Posts:
May not have been rentals for Nashville, they have like 10 or 11 million in cap space I believe going into next season.

Fair enough. I just looked at their numbers and they do have a lot of money but they also have a thwack load of FA's and RFA's upfront going into the offseason. Only 5 guys signed past this year. Defense is pretty shored up however until 2016/17.

Interesting team.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Plenty of teams should be selling this year - more than I can remember in the recent past. Bottom dwellers in the East are always a good bet for a deal. Arizona and Edmonton in the West are also possibilities because both likely will be going into full rebuild mode (or staying there, I suppose). With the Blackhawks having to worry about the cap going forward, I would be surprised if they took on salary beyond this year - unless of course it is a steal of a deal, the other team takes half, etc.

Still hoping for a #5/6 reliable dman. Someone who can stay at home, not be seen, and makes the simple/smart plays. After that, the forward crop is pretty crowded with Sharp/Versteeg getting some time on the 4th line and I can't imagine the Blackhawks ready to put Smith on the bench regularly by making a deal to do so. Should be interesting to see if anything happens over the next couple of weeks.

Variable

Liked Posts:
Fair enough. I just looked at their numbers and they do have a lot of money but they also have a thwack load of FA's and RFA's upfront going into the offseason. Only 5 guys signed past this year. Defense is pretty shored up however until 2016/17.

Interesting team.

Yeah but some of those guys wont be coming back. Cullen's contract, which is a cap hit at 3,5 million. shouldn't be a priority over either Franson or Santorelli. Think he's turning 39 this year. The only other guys they have that should get a reasonable raise are Wilson and Smith.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
Plenty of teams should be selling this year - more than I can remember in the recent past. Bottom dwellers in the East are always a good bet for a deal. Arizona and Edmonton in the West are also possibilities because both likely will be going into full rebuild mode (or staying there, I suppose). With the Blackhawks having to worry about the cap going forward, I would be surprised if they took on salary beyond this year - unless of course it is a steal of a deal, the other team takes half, etc.

Still hoping for a #5/6 reliable dman. Someone who can stay at home, not be seen, and makes the simple/smart plays. After that, the forward crop is pretty crowded with Sharp/Versteeg getting some time on the 4th line and I can't imagine the Blackhawks ready to put Smith on the bench regularly by making a deal to do so. Should be interesting to see if anything happens over the next couple of weeks.

I can't imagine any scenario where these two aren't sellers. I wouldn't surprised if Buffalo wasn't done either.

Samurai Mike

Liked Posts:
Per Chris Kuc:

"Source says #Blackhawks are looking at Hurricanes' Andrej Sekera and Flames' Curtis Glencross as possible trade targets."