Blackhawks Trade Rumors Thread

TCD

Liked Posts:
If Vermette is the man (which I would be very happy about) can he please please please play on the same line as Sharp so every woman and players wife can just run around wetting their grandma panties? Has to be a good name for the line made also like "fuck the rightwingers wife line"

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thought I would share this

Chris Kuc: The agent for Patrick Sharp, Rick Curran, spoke with Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman on Thursday and was assured that they have “no intention” of trading Sharp.
David Pagnotta: Sharp talk should be quieted, but some teams still think there is room to talk, ie. the Capitals.

So caps want Sharp. Make them over pay Stan

Last edited:

TCD

Liked Posts:
New rumor thanks to the internets

Oilers possibly interested in Raanta

Would be a good addition for the Oilers. Don't know about what a return would be don't even want to speculate. I would prefer Darling as the back up anyways as far as the big club interest goes.

FlyChicaga

Liked Posts:
I don't know much about any of their prospects outside of Darnell Nurse. I'd imagine that trade would be for picks or a prospect, not for any current roster players.

TCD

Liked Posts:
I don't know much about any of their prospects outside of Darnell Nurse. I'd imagine that trade would be for picks or a prospect, not for any current roster players.

Nurse would be too big of a prospect for the Oilers to get rid of. I do know that. I wouldn't expect anything more than a 3rd for Raanta. Don't think Raanta brings much of a return.

Kepp in mind an Oilers 3rd is a very good 3rd (if they even have one). Hell an Oilers 4th is a good pick for a guy that will be nothing more than a backup for the Hawks the rest of his life while Craw is here..and darling is the better goalie in my opinion.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like Raanta, but he's not going to make a big splash in Chicago...he rarely gets to play and it seems the braintrust likes Darling more, I guess because his big. But I am worried that once Darling's book is out, he will exposed and it will be seen why he bounced around in minor leagues (although I know about his drinking problem that he has now fixed) for all these years.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Heard Oduya's name tossed out there now that Timonen is in the fold for this season. May be that the Blackhawks aren't confident they can re-sign him to a cap friendly deal this offseason or that they simply don't want to.

I personally think it would be a mistake to trade Oduya just because Timonen is on the team. Blackhawks need as much depth as they can get on the blueline and Oduya would be a pretty good #5 if it comes down to it.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Grimson traded to California for 3 weeks......

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Grimson traded to California for 3 weeks......

He'll never pass the physical...(liver function & cognitive reasoning modules).

:marshmallow:

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Heard Oduya's name tossed out there now that Timonen is in the fold for this season. May be that the Blackhawks aren't confident they can re-sign him to a cap friendly deal this offseason or that they simply don't want to.

I personally think it would be a mistake to trade Oduya just because Timonen is on the team. Blackhawks need as much depth as they can get on the blueline and Oduya would be a pretty good #5 if it comes down to it.
IMHO there's no way they can resign Oduya to a cap friendly deal. They'd have to sign him for sub 1.5M to make it work (which he wouldn't accept), and really, would you pay any more for a D-man that has to be carried like a sack of potatoes?

I do agree with not trading him this year unless a good deal can be had. He can be acceptable if Hjammer is carrying him, and there's no guarentee that Timmonen, TVR, & Runblad are going to all be 100% decent--and we all know how much of a liability Rosival is.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Save 750K this year...and he's a UFA (Smith was set to be grossly overpaid at 1.5mil next year).

Can kill penalties...much more physical...and good on faceoffs - but no offense

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
UFA Andrew Dejsardan(sp) ......

Good deal? Better than Ben Smith? I like Smith.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Eh...not sure if "better"...

Smith while being offensively challenged this year....is probably a bit better offensively

Desjardins can kill penalties too...but much more physical and pretty good on faceoffs as well

Reactions: 1ke