Blackhawks Trade Rumors Thread

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yup. Ur right. Read that wrong. Still equivalent of a bag of pucks.....

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm really missing capgeek right now.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What I like about the front office is that they are making solid moves to try and get past Kane's injury. Contrast that with the Bulls shitty front office and their failure to do shit about trying to compensate for their tough injuries.

Now, the Hawks may not win the Cup but they will have a shot at winning what I think is the hardest championship of them all to win, the Stanley Cup.

Hawks were not going to win the Cup this year even with Kane. Clearly there's something missing from this team that seems to have pushed them off the tracks, and none of these recent moves will make enough difference to change that.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm surprised Capt Serious hasn't come here to complain about the latest trade.

Also how dare CCS ban Grimson!

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Well then Mr.Wizard....who will win the Cup?

Vegas still has them as odds on favorites to win. I bet if you ask any team that is going to have to play the Hawks, they'll disagree with you as well.

I guess it's easier to say that they won't ...when it's much of a puss out to "take the field" of 15 vs 1 in the playoffs.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
What I like about the front office is that they are making solid moves to try and get past Kane's injury. Contrast that with the Bulls shitty front office and their failure to do shit about trying to compensate for their tough injuries.

Now, the Hawks may not win the Cup but they will have a shot at winning what I think is the hardest championship of them all to win, the Stanley Cup.

Hawks were not going to win the Cup this year even with Kane. Clearly there's something missing from this team that seems to have pushed them off the tracks, and none of these recent moves will make enough difference to change that.

What are the lotto numbers this week?

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The 2010 season there was supposed locker room issues as well. Once the playoffs started they answered the bell as I recall.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he's more skilled than you're giving him credit for.

I could see Shaw moving to the wing on the 4th with Kruger and Desjardin.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

I agree. The Smith move seems to be about reorganizing the centers but will be interesting to see what they do given Shaw/Tuevo.

Tuevo-Hossa-Toews (this protects Tuevo, who can be dangerous in this situation, also 3 defensive minded forwards but 2 to help the rook)
Sharp-Vermette-Saad
Versteeg-Richards-Bickell
Kruger-Desjardin-Shaw

We are still stacked as shit. You can slip Carbomb and rest Tuevo anytime you want, move Sharp, Saad, Bickell, Versteeg and Richards around. Looks like they put some thought into the fourth line as well as prepared for the event of one more big injury. I'm not really sure Carbomb helps the cause all that often and wouldn't mind him put to pasture. I actually feel bad for the guy when he drops his gloves....its like what he has to do to stay on the team but its just sad. Tough SOB. Doesn't have the fight genes.

1. Keith
2. Seabs
3. Swedish Tender Meat
4. Timo
5. Oduya
6. TVR

This team is doing everything it can to compete for a puck. Surely they know they have the offensive firepower even without Kane to play anybody, these moves shored up the defense and made us tougher, possibly more cohesive if they get enough playing time together. I know they made all these moves with an eye to the future, in which we will see us get younger and go to rockford for some of that promise, but it seems a steep price to pay for all these rentals in a non-Kaner year.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Wow, what a bold prediction. What else does the future have in store?

My prediction, until the Hawks lose 4 of 7 to any Playoff opponent. They have a chance to win the Cup.
If they don't lose 4 of 7 through 4 rounds, I predict they'll win the Cup. Now that's BOLD!

:elephant:

(each elephant = 1 playoff round)

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah they made some bold moves to bring in immediate talent help at specific areas, getting veteran rentals ready right now who know what great playoffs are about and made a calculated risk to give up some chemistry, youth, speed in Smith for a chance this teams needs to get more physically imposing.

They thought they needed to make a change to have a chance after Kane went down, that style of play went down a little in its chances of success. We are a different team now, and we still have some all time greats in Toews, Keith, Hossa,
we have an improved Crawford as well as a capable backup in Darling who has won his spot. We have all-star players in the wings like Sharp, Saad, and an annual playoff hero in Bickell who now doesn't have to be the only physical force alone. He's got back-up, and reinforcements. We have real fighter now instead of car bomb, and guys who used to be second liners even on these stacked Blackhawks teams of recent legend, Richards, Versteeg, are all

Given the way this team has fired up after Kane went down and its a chance for some guys like Toews, Sharp, and Crawford to show what they can do without Kane. I feel more confident now after these trades then I did the day before Kaner disaster, and thats partly just seeing this Timo cat from Finland lore makes Oduya's return a ok either way situation. He's probably hungry, and he has a goddamn Finnish phenom thats about 20 years old to mentor down an NHL playoff stretch.

This team is magic, and of course all are fingers are crossed for a Kaner miracle that I don't think is going to happen. Lets get behind whatever magic might be caused in the bizarro opposite way when the team all plays for Kane, but also to shine from out of the shade of Kane.

This is going to be good however it goes down. Can't wait to see what happens of course there is a massive chance of chemistry blow-up given all the change around here. Many of the guys were used to doing things a certain way to the point where we went out and got guys like Versteeg and Carbomb who we were familiar with. Now we have to introduce some veterans to our ways, and find chemistry very fast. All while mixing in Tuevo.

It could be terrible. We could get swept. But...I'm gonna say just maybe I'm starting to believe magic is brewing. That pass from Keith to Toews shorthanded was a thing of beauty and he took pleasure in it. This team is still special, and we still scare the matchup pants off everyone.

TCD

Liked Posts:
I agree. The Smith move seems to be about reorganizing the centers but will be interesting to see what they do given Shaw/Tuevo.

Tuevo-Hossa-Toews (this protects Tuevo, who can be dangerous in this situation, also 3 defensive minded forwards but 2 to help the rook)
Sharp-Vermette-Saad
Versteeg-Richards-Bickell
Kruger-Desjardin-Shaw

I like the cut of your jib but in my opinion TT just isn't ready for a top line roll. I am as big of a TT fan there is but it's been obvious that he still needs to clean up some of his mistakes and positioning and still needs to put on some weight..I don't think other teams top lines would have that much difficulty with him right now nor would other teams top pairing blueliners. I don't think he can keep up with Toews and Hossa yet either. Not sure if TT is ready for top 6 yet overall yet to be honest. I like where he is slotted right now and think it is the best for him while he still grows. This has been a good year for him and if you ask me he probably should have started on the team to begin with but that's just me.

if Q feels like he is having a good game he will slide TT up the lines. That's a Q attribute and I am sure we will see it. But for now I wouldn't pen him into that starting top line or top 6..not just yet. Maybe he will come the playoffs off and on and I am cool with that when it is fitting to do so. Unlike a lot of people I am usually 75% okay when Q mucks his lines around. He is a bit strapped right now being a RW short.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like the cut of your jib but in my opinion TT just isn't ready for a top line roll. I am as big of a TT fan there is but it's been obvious that he still needs to clean up some of his mistakes and positioning and still needs to put on some weight..I don't think other teams top lines would have that much difficulty with him right now nor would other teams top pairing blueliners. I don't think he can keep up with Toews and Hossa yet either. Not sure if TT is ready for top 6 yet overall yet to be honest. I like where he is slotted right now and think it is the best for him while he still grows. This has been a good year for him and if you ask me he probably should have started on the team to begin with but that's just me.

if Q feels like he is having a good game he will slide TT up the lines. That's a Q attribute and I am sure we will see it. But for now I wouldn't pen him into that starting top line or top 6..not just yet. Maybe he will come the playoffs off and on and I am cool with that when it is fitting to do so. Unlike a lot of people I am usually 75% okay when Q mucks his lines around. He is a bit strapped right now being a RW short.

Hmmm hmmm, you said "jib".

th

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
TT can easily be in a top 6 roll...in Rockford for another 2 years

(I'm on a role...laughing at you fuckwad)

TCD

Liked Posts:
Mike Ribeiro 53pts in 63gms

Daaaaaaaaamn rights!!

But we got stuck with Richards who is without a goal in 22 games. And Richards doesn't appear to be one who likes to hump nannies or wives.

Nobody ever listens to me.