#42 is Shedding a Tear Right Now:(

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Just noticed that the article that was copied to the board was written by McCutcheon who happens to be one of my favorite current players to watch. I thought it was writen by a reader of this board. IT was a very interesting statement by him.

It definitely wasn't my personal story. I thought it was an interesting take on what's going on as well. People are quick to place blame, especially on the adults of JRW, but as you say, it's usually the rich team and communities that cheat.

What are these poor kids supposed to do to get attention when the rich kids have all the advantages? Like I said, who were the biggest people wanting to strip JRW's title? What resources did they have compared to JRW?

JRW's season was a feel good story for the entire nation. This result is not good on any level, imo. It's a fuckin black eye in all of baseball, imo, and we better hope that the attorney's for JRW don't dig up shit on some of these other teams, or we'll have one heck of a clusterfuck for little league baseball.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Attorneys aren't going to take on that case, because while they may be able to cause a "clusterfuck", the reward isn't as much as if they just continued to chase an ambulance, imho.

The big issue AM brought up is how baseball is a non-revenue sport and thus there are only 11.7 schollies per 7 players at the D1 level. No full ride. It makes sense why inner-city kids would not pursue the sport.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
There is already an attorney investigating what's going on. While he said that any law suit by JRW is premature, he does say that the punishment does seem overly severe, so he is investigating other similar situations as well as anything else he find. HENCE me saying "if he digs up anything else" ....... :dunno:

--------------------------------------------------------

Updated 02/12/15 – 2:45 p.m.
CHICAGO (CBS) – Rev. Jesse Jackson earlier said parents of Jackie Robinson West players would sue Little League International over the decision to strip the team of its national title, but an attorney for the team said it’s too early to know if a lawsuit is warranted.

Thursday morning, Jackson said parents would be suing to reverse the decision by Little League International to vacate Jackie Robinson West’s wins from 2014, for allegedly violating residency rules.

Later Thursday, however, Jackson was in attendance at a news conference where attorney Victor Henderson said he wanted to gather all the facts about the allegations against the team, and the investigation by Little League International, before deciding whether to file a lawsuit

generic-cbs-2-wbbm-web.jpg

wbbm-icon.jpg

WBBM 780/105.9FM
play

Henderson said the team has not yet received any details from Little League International explaining why it is being stripped of its title. He wants to look into other cases of Little League teams allegedly violating residency requirements to find out if they faced similar punishment, so he can determine if Jackie Robinson West was treated fairly.

He also said threatening a lawsuit would be nothing more than “saber-rattling,” and “no lawyer worth his salt” would threaten to file a lawsuit without knowing all the facts of the case.

Little League International has stripped Jackie Robinson West of its U.S. title, and awarded it to the Las Vegas team Jackie Robinson West defeated in the Little League World Series.

Jackson has said the players were unfairly reprimanded, and that the investigation and punishment of the team was racially motivated.
Thursday morning, Jackson said a potential lawsuit would seek “justice and clarity.”

“To find out who is charged with what. The penalty appears to be too harsh, even for the allegation. If there is an allegation that someone did something wrong, then whoever did the wrongdoing must be addressed,” he added.

Jackie Robinson West is the first all-black team to win the national Little League title.
Little League officials have said team officials purposely redrew the team’s official boundaries in order to pick up a couple key players who were ineligible to play on JRW’s all-star squad in tournament play.

The players’ families have said they didn’t know the league’s boundaries when they signed up, and there is no proof JRW cheated.
“This isn’t teaching our children any type of lesson, except for you can be punished for something that you had no part on; and what lesson is that?” said Venisa Green, whose son Brandon was a pitcher and catcher on the squad.

JRW parents said they stand behind manager Darold Butler – who has been suspended by Little League officials.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
So IOW, they did wrong, but if others did wrong, everything should be OK. It's no wonder parents are still backing the coach and claiming there is no lesson to be learned. All the while a team in Georgia this year was disqualified and the local President took ownership of the issue.

And yes. I get there is an attorney on the case, but they won't be putting a bunch of billable hours into the deal unless they can make a bunch in a suit, which I can't see happening.

Last edited:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There is already an attorney investigating what's going on. While he said that any law suit by JRW is premature, he does say that the punishment does seem overly severe, so he is investigating other similar situations as well as anything else he find. HENCE me saying "if he digs up anything else" ....... :dunno:

--------------------------------------------------------

Updated 02/12/15 – 2:45 p.m.
CHICAGO (CBS) – Rev. Jesse Jackson earlier said parents of Jackie Robinson West players would sue Little League International over the decision to strip the team of its national title, but an attorney for the team said it’s too early to know if a lawsuit is warranted.

Thursday morning, Jackson said parents would be suing to reverse the decision by Little League International to vacate Jackie Robinson West’s wins from 2014, for allegedly violating residency rules.

Later Thursday, however, Jackson was in attendance at a news conference where attorney Victor Henderson said he wanted to gather all the facts about the allegations against the team, and the investigation by Little League International, before deciding whether to file a lawsuit

generic-cbs-2-wbbm-web.jpg

wbbm-icon.jpg

WBBM 780/105.9FM
play

Henderson said the team has not yet received any details from Little League International explaining why it is being stripped of its title. He wants to look into other cases of Little League teams allegedly violating residency requirements to find out if they faced similar punishment, so he can determine if Jackie Robinson West was treated fairly.

He also said threatening a lawsuit would be nothing more than “saber-rattling,” and “no lawyer worth his salt” would threaten to file a lawsuit without knowing all the facts of the case.

Little League International has stripped Jackie Robinson West of its U.S. title, and awarded it to the Las Vegas team Jackie Robinson West defeated in the Little League World Series.

Jackson has said the players were unfairly reprimanded, and that the investigation and punishment of the team was racially motivated.
Thursday morning, Jackson said a potential lawsuit would seek “justice and clarity.”

“To find out who is charged with what. The penalty appears to be too harsh, even for the allegation. If there is an allegation that someone did something wrong, then whoever did the wrongdoing must be addressed,” he added.

Jackie Robinson West is the first all-black team to win the national Little League title.
Little League officials have said team officials purposely redrew the team’s official boundaries in order to pick up a couple key players who were ineligible to play on JRW’s all-star squad in tournament play.

The players’ families have said they didn’t know the league’s boundaries when they signed up, and there is no proof JRW cheated.
“This isn’t teaching our children any type of lesson, except for you can be punished for something that you had no part on; and what lesson is that?” said Venisa Green, whose son Brandon was a pitcher and catcher on the squad.

JRW parents said they stand behind manager Darold Butler – who has been suspended by Little League officials.

Everytime I listen to that jag-off on television run his mouth, it makes me want to puke. There are a lot of very good well meaning leaders all around the rae issues in this country and who try to make a difference ad then you have this jag-off only after himself. The guy should be kicked out of relevance.

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
I know I am entering this discussion late, but just figured I'd add my $0.02 since I wanted to briefly respond to a couple posts here. The cheating scandal warranted punishment, there was no way around it. Stripping them of their title was the only option once the story went national. Of course it bothers me that these kids were shamed because of adults decisions, but nothing can take away the experience of actually winning the games and the championship, and the perks that followed winning(parade, Disney World, national attention). So these kids didn't get a total raw deal.

As far as the BS about them getting stripped of the title because of racial reasons is ridiculous. The race card being pulled when people are getting in trouble for breaking rules frustrates me.

You seem to think young people are ignoring history by choice.
I would actually agree that young people these days ignore history by choice. I remember even when I was in high school, the vast majority of people didn't give one shit about history, and I loved it. You could force most kids and teenagers to sit in front of you and listen to a history lesson and they would leave not remembering any details.

I agree with you quite a bit. But it is way beyond just that. Too many people refuse to see the value of understanding what happened in the past and why it happened. And this goes way beyond a particular culture or group of people. The schools would rather spend time on social issues, pseudo scientific discourse, and political science. The net has become the crutch and solve-all for everything. FOrget about problem solving, scientific theory, even basic sentence organization and speech.

In short, we are going bass ackwards as a culture looking for someone else to take care of us and looking for someone else to solve all of our everyday problems. It is sad,.
Words after my own heart. Thank you for this post.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
White people need to stop with the "race card" bs. America is not the clor-blind utopia you may think it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Didn't they bring a few players in from South Holland, Blue Island, and Dalton or something? What??????? Wasn't the entire fucking city of Chicago big enough to draw from? This is fucking Little League baseball for cripes sake. And since Jesse is involved in it, is that stripper whore that he promised to educate(the Duke lacrosse case) the team mom for this squad?

Can someone please stuff a rag in Jesse's big mouth please!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
White people need to stop with the "race card" bs. America is not the clor-blind utopia you may think it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IT sure isn't but idiots like Jackson don't help with shit like this either. He and Sharpton play the race card all of the damn time.