Woj: Bulls contenders for Kendrick Perkins

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
We stood pat at the deadline and are now "contenders" to sign Kendrick Perkins.

Lol........this team's front office is an absolute train wreck.

Make some phone calls Jos. These guys be cray cray.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Clearly they need to hire one of us as GM. Only we know how to properly assemble a championship team. :hitler:

:kermit:

That wouldn't help. We need to be in a position that has the carte blanche authority to fire John Paxson, or restructure his position to one where he can consult and scout, but does not get to power trip on any more Bulls coaches and/or burn bridges with other GMs.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't get it. If Perkins could play a lick of defense anymore the thunder wouldn't need to acquire a center. We have an all-star PF, 6th man of the year candidate PF, so that means this can only be a move for the future.

Signing Perkins would mean we can trade Taj in off-season and with the way Gasol is playing Perkins would be an adequate back-up, possibly freeing up the needed cash to sign JBuckets

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Make some phone calls Jos. These guys be cray cray.

I mean, everyone keeps saying, "Just wait until this team is 100% healthy -- we're the deepest!"

Uhhh, we weren't healthy in October, so how in the hell can anyone expect this team to be healthy come playoff time after an overbearing coach who can't manage minutes runs the team through an 82-game gauntlet? Was there a move out there to me made? I really can't answer that, I wasn't manning the phones for the Bulls. Were they able to identify potential upgrades? Again, who knows. Nothing was really ever reported, at least that I came across.

My point is -- I understand Perkins would be an insurance policy, but that's also a friendly reminder that if he was somehow stuck out there playing starters minutes in a playoff series, we're fucked. Think of it this way -- if Noah goes down for any stretch, we can certainly run Taj and Gasol out there for a bulk of that time, but then our depth behind him magically becomes Mirotic (rookie), Nazr (155-years-old), Baristow (hasn't played) and Perkins (ehhhhhh....)

I'm not a fan of that. Jesus, could you imagine running, say.... Baristow and Nazr out there for any extended period of time? That's like walking in on your parents bumping uglies. Woof.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We stood pat at the deadline and are now "contenders" to sign Kendrick Perkins.

Lol........this team's front office is an absolute train wreck.

Over-dramatic much? This front office put together a very impressive collection of draft picks. Taj, Butler, and Nikola all came as late 1st round picks. They signed Pau Gasol for a discount and he started in the A.S. game this year. They hired Thibodeau (not a bad coach, if I might say so myself).

Name every better F.O. because they must all be train wrecks, just about, in your eyes.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we signed Perkins I would kinda expect a corresponding move of releasing Nazr.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I mean, everyone keeps saying, "Just wait until this team is 100% healthy -- we're the deepest!"

Uhhh, we weren't healthy in October, so how in the hell can anyone expect this team to be healthy come playoff time after an overbearing coach who can't manage minutes runs the team through an 82-game gauntlet? Was there a move out there to me made? I really can't answer that, I wasn't manning the phones for the Bulls. Were they able to identify potential upgrades? Again, who knows. Nothing was really ever reported, at least that I came across.

My point is -- I understand Perkins would be an insurance policy, but that's also a friendly reminder that if he was somehow stuck out there playing starters minutes in a playoff series, we're fucked. Think of it this way -- if Noah goes down for any stretch, we can certainly run Taj and Gasol out there for a bulk of that time, but then our depth behind him magically becomes Mirotic (rookie), Nazr (155-years-old), Baristow (hasn't played) and Perkins (ehhhhhh....)

I'm not a fan of that. Jesus, could you imagine running, say.... Baristow and Nazr out there for any extended period of time? That's like walking in on your parents bumping uglies. Woof.

Why don't we see how the buyouts go before we freak out? Adding Perkins for some muscle, and maybe a Neal or even Martin for a shooter might be nice. If GarPax can grab a player or two in the buyout market, they would have played their cards pretty good, right? :dunno:

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
the FO is good but not perfect

they hold onto players too long and arent very creative in the trade market

they have a very conservative style which doesn't mesh with fans well

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
the front offense is good but not perfect

they hold onto players too long and arent not very creative in the trade market

they have a very conservative style which doesn't mesh with some fans well
fify

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Why don't we see how the buyouts go before we freak out? Adding Perkins for some muscle, and maybe a Neal or even Martin for a shooter might be nice. If GarPax can grab a player or two in the buyout market, they would have played their cards pretty good, right? :dunno:

Are any of those three players you mentioned difference makers? Are any of those guys taking a huge shot in a Finals game or taking over a quarter? The way the league is developing, teams' windows are closing faster. Hell, some front offices can't even get a team's window to open. This team hasn't been completely healthy all season. Miami drastically improved themselves at the deadline. The Cavs are finding their stride. Atlanta is firing on all cylinders. Washington is a matchup problem for us. Milwaukee is frisky as hell, well coached and also improved themselves. Toronto is solid.

My point is -- the conference is maintaining. The Bulls have assets available to them that could've been packaged to add a piece that really would make a difference in a playoff series. They have the rolling Sacto pick, their own first rounders, some expiring deals.... something could've happened. Again, am I saying the media floated out a deal and the Bulls simply didn't jump on it? Absolutely not. I have no idea what they did. I'm disappointed that they stood pat. Teams can always improve or add tangible depth that actually improves the team, not just adds a body. And when you add the tension between Thibs and the front office.... it's just not something that can end well.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Over-dramatic much? This front office put together a very impressive collection of draft picks. Taj, Butler, and Nikola all came as late 1st round picks. They signed Pau Gasol for a discount and he started in the A.S. game this year. They hired Thibodeau (not a bad coach, if I might say so myself).

Name every better F.O. because they must all be train wrecks, just about, in your eyes.

San Antonio, Miami, Oklahoma City, Golden State, Memphis, Portland, Atlanta, Boston.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
i gotta admit i agree im tired of hearing "if healthy...."

this team hasn't been healthy in 5 years....get a clue already

i mean Dunleavy literally just came back after missing 5 months and Jimmy hurts his shoulder

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Are any of those three players you mentioned difference makers? Are any of those guys taking a huge shot in a Finals game or taking over a quarter? The way the league is developing, teams' windows are closing faster. Hell, some front offices can't even get a team's window to open. This team hasn't been completely healthy all season. Miami drastically improved themselves at the deadline. The Cavs are finding their stride. Atlanta is firing on all cylinders. Washington is a matchup problem for us. Milwaukee is frisky as hell, well coached and also improved themselves. Toronto is solid.

My point is -- the conference is maintaining. The Bulls have assets available to them that could've been packaged to add a piece that really would make a difference in a playoff series. They have the rolling Sacto pick, their own first rounders, some expiring deals.... something could've happened. Again, am I saying the media floated out a deal and the Bulls simply didn't jump on it? Absolutely not. I have no idea what they did. I'm disappointed that they stood pat. Teams can always improve or add tangible depth that actually improves the team, not just adds a body. And when you add the tension between Thibs and the front office.... it's just not something that can end well.

So you expected the Bulls to trade for a player that would take 'the huge shot' in the finals? :dunno:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
IT was there for them to take and they didn't deliver it. That is a failure and its name is Gar/Pax

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
i gotta admit i agree im tired of hearing "if healthy...."

this team hasn't been healthy in 5 years....get a clue already

i mean Dunleavy literally just came back after missing 5 months and Jimmy hurts his shoulder
That would just mean the Bulls have shitty luck and it doesn't matter who they have, because someone will always be injured.

Bulls could have Marc Gasol-Bosh-LeBron-Harden-Curry and they'd never compete because someone would always be hurt.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
So you expected the Bulls to trade for a player that would take 'the huge shot' in the finals? :dunno:

he was readily available

Boston+Celtics+v+Chicago+Bulls+Game+4+-5_49qv57vIl.jpg