Post-all star break record predictions [now 9-9]

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Well... the Bulls have a 34 - 20 record now, which is at a 63% winning margin. If they were to maintain that 63% margin for the remaining 28 games, they'll win 17.6 games. Due to the fact that they are healthy and have the 3rd easiest schedule post AS game, I think that they could add 5% to their winning margin.

That would give the Bulls a winning margin of 68% for the remaining 28 games. This would give the Bulls a record of 19 - 9 for the post AS remaining schedule. That would give the Bulls a final season record of 53 - 29, good for the 2nd seed in the East. :dunno:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well... the Bulls have a 34 - 20 record now, which is at a 63% winning margin. If they were to maintain that 63% margin for the remaining 28 games, they'll win 17.6 games. Due to the fact that they are healthy and have the 3rd easiest schedule post AS game, I think that they could add 5% to their winning margin.

That would give the Bulls a winning margin of 68% for the remaining 28 games. This would give the Bulls a record of 19 - 9 for the post AS remaining schedule. That would give the Bulls a final season record of 53 - 29, good for the 2nd seed in the East. :dunno:
Interesting fact: A team has not won a championship with less than 54 wins since the 95 Rockets (lockout years excluded).

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Interesting fact: A team has not won a championship with less than 54 wins since the 95 Rockets (lockout years excluded).

might aswell throw in the towel now

the season was indeed over in January

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:

Interesting. I wanted to go a little higher with wins, but I was trying to be somewhat realistic with my pick. I also hemmed and hawed whether 53 wins would get the #2 seed. Toronto is hot and has two more wins than us.

19-9 seems reasonable with the Bulls easy schedule, but maybe they'll have to go 21-7 to get the #2 seed. Looking at the standings, it sure seem like the #2 seed would be an easier route for the Bulls. Maybe it's a good time to pull off 10 in a row or something? :dunno:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Interesting. I wanted to go a little higher with wins, but I was trying to be somewhat realistic with my pick. I also hemmed and hawed whether 53 wins would get the #2 seed. Toronto is hot and has two more wins than us.

19-9 seems reasonable with the Bulls easy schedule, but maybe they'll have to go 21-7 to get the #2 seed. Looking at the standings, it sure seem like the #2 seed would be an easier route for the Bulls. Maybe it's a good time to pull off 10 in a row or something? :dunno:
We don't have the easiest schedule in the next 10 games, but we have one of the easiest schedules to finish the year.

Tonight we're @ Detroit, then we have Phoenix, Milwaukee, Charlotte, Minnesota, LA Clippers, Washington, OKC at home. THen go to Indiana, then visit San Antonio.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
might aswell throw in the towel now

the season was indeed over in January
kPEhNEp.jpg

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
We don't have the easiest schedule in the next 10 games, but we have one of the easiest schedules to finish the year.

Tonight we're @ Detroit, then we have Phoenix, Milwaukee, Charlotte, Minnesota, LA Clippers, Washington, OKC at home. THen go to Indiana, then visit San Antonio.

Shit, I didn't even look at the schedule yet, I just keep hearing about it being easy. You're right, not that easy coming up, but at least a lot at home. This could be the best time for that 10 game run I was talking about. :yep: Definitely can't be losing games at home we should win. I'm warning you now, if Thib's rides Kirk way too much and we lose games we shouldn't, I'm gonna be a big bitch.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Shit, I didn't even look at the schedule yet, I just keep hearing about it being easy. You're right, not that easy coming up, but at least a lot at home. This could be the best time for that 10 game run I was talking about. :yep: Definitely can't be losing games at home we should win. I'm warning you now, if Thib's rides Kirk way too much and we lose games we shouldn't, I'm gonna be a big bitch.
Wouldn't make you a big bitch, everyone will agree with you.

As I said in the IGT, this game tonight should be telling as to how Thibs is going to manage a 100% healthy team.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Basing this off of the 81% win pct when all 5 starters have played, I'm making the boldest prediction of all. 23 - 5 over the final stretch ending in a 57 - 25 season and the #2 seed in the East.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Basing this off of the 81% win pct when all 5 starters have played, I'm making the boldest prediction of all. 23 - 5 over the final stretch ending in a 57 - 25 season and the #2 seed in the East.
This is looking very bold after tonight's showing lol. 4 more losses allowed the rest of the year!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I think that they'll go maybe 16-12 if that good. Some of the teams that they are going to play are cripples.

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
The next three weeks are tough. OKC twice, @ Spurs, Clips, Wiz, Memphis at home. That's with Charlotte twice, Minnesota, Philly, and Indiana mixed in there. That's the next 11 games for us. Some potentially really easy wins, some tough games against contenders in/out of conf. This could be a real make or break stretch for this team going forward iwe have struggled mightly against OKC with Durant/Westbrook. Maybe we can steal one with Durant out w/the foot injury. Clippers will be tough, Wizards are tough, but winnable games, and well the Spurs are the Spurs but who knows if Pop will play anyone in that game. I think it comes down to running the table against the weaker teams and going 3-3 maybe 4-2 against the contenders to start getting some mojo going into April. We can really make up ground and use this month to work out chinks in the armor because we play the dregs of the east with two games against Toronto. Would love to see a 10-1 or 11-0 streak over this stretch of games going into the Raptors game on the 20th. I'm expecting 7-4 or 8-3 maybe 9-2 though given how the season's gone outside of the torrid December run. We'll see what happens. All in all I say go Bulls.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
18-10

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The next three weeks are tough. OKC twice, @ Spurs, Clips, Wiz, Memphis at home. That's with Charlotte twice, Minnesota, Philly, and Indiana mixed in there. That's the next 11 games for us. Some potentially really easy wins, some tough games against contenders in/out of conf. This could be a real make or break stretch for this team going forward iwe have struggled mightly against OKC with Durant/Westbrook. Maybe we can steal one with Durant out w/the foot injury. Clippers will be tough, Wizards are tough, but winnable games, and well the Spurs are the Spurs but who knows if Pop will play anyone in that game. I think it comes down to running the table against the weaker teams and going 3-3 maybe 4-2 against the contenders to start getting some mojo going into April. We can really make up ground and use this month to work out chinks in the armor because we play the dregs of the east with two games against Toronto. Would love to see a 10-1 or 11-0 streak over this stretch of games going into the Raptors game on the 20th. I'm expecting 7-4 or 8-3 maybe 9-2 though given how the season's gone outside of the torrid December run. We'll see what happens. All in all I say go Bulls.
Hmm, I hadn't realized March is actually a tough schedule...

LAC-WAS-OKC all at home.. away game against Indy spliced in there... @ San Antonio, Memphis the next two... Then terrible teams in Philly and Cha.. then @ OKC.. Home against Indy, Home against Toronto, another road Detroit game, home against Charlotte, @ Toronto, finish the month against NYK...

That's 8 games out of 15 against playoff opponents.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hmm, I hadn't realized March is actually a tough schedule...

LAC-WAS-OKC all at home.. away game against Indy spliced in there... @ San Antonio, Memphis the next two... Then terrible teams in Philly and Cha.. then @ OKC.. Home against Indy, Home against Toronto, another road Detroit game, home against Charlotte, @ Toronto, finish the month against NYK...

That's 8 games out of 15 against playoff opponents.
Well they show up to play good teams so...perhaps there's a chance we win at least half of those.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well they show up to play good teams so...perhaps there's a chance we win at least half of those.
They can win 7 out of 15...They'll lose to all the bad teams and lose to Washington (unless Nene doesn't play).

Though Indy may be 8th seed by then, putting them in as a playoff team...They may try harder then.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
They can win 7 out of 15...They'll lose to all the bad teams and lose to Washington (unless Nene doesn't play).

Though Indy may be 8th seed by then, putting them in as a playoff team...They may try harder then.
Am I understanding correctly that the bulls have to go 18-7 the rest of the way to hit that vaunted 54 win mark?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Am I understanding correctly that the bulls have to go 18-7 the rest of the way to hit that vaunted 54 win mark?
:snoop:

They must finish strong.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
If the Bulls don't finish strong, they are looking at a possible 1st round matchup with the Cavs on the road, and if they're lucky, a 1st round matchup with Wash.... oh wait. :bizarro:

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I edited the title, so maybe we can keep a rolling count on the post ASB record. :)