CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Yep. Hammel and Shark got 6 innings. Stretching out and getting ready for opening day is what matters for those two pitchers.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Its spring training...?

Oh really, and I thought it was ..........

158618-Stripes-Bill-Murray-army-train-UDu9.gif

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Samardzija has to be frustrated. When he was with the Cubs he would be lucky if they scored 2-3 runs.

Cubs be like, hey Jeff thanks for all the hard work. Here is some of the future you won't be apart of lol

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Samardzija has to be frustrated. When he was with the Cubs he would be lucky if they scored 2-3 runs.

Cubs be like, hey Jeff thanks for all the hard work. Here is some of the future you won't be apart of lol

Who cares, I'm not a big fan of Shark. He can't help himself when talking about the Cubs. He showed his lack of class by addressing the Bryant situation the other day when really, he should have kept his mouth shut. To me, he can take his bitter attitude and shove it where the sun don't shine. :yep:

“It’s a tough call for them, but if you want to win and compete, you have to have your best guys out there, period,” Samardzija said. “But it’s not my call to make.”

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Who cares, I'm not a big fan of Shark. He can't help himself when talking about the Cubs. He showed his lack of class by addressing the Bryant situation the other day when really, he should have kept his mouth shut. To me, he can take his bitter attitude and shove it where the sun don't shine. :yep:
What was bad about what he said? Also, wasn't he the union rep for a bit when he was with the Cubs?

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
What was bad about what he said? Also, wasn't he the union rep for a bit when he was with the Cubs?

Well first, I'm a little tired of hearing other people comment about the Cubs Business. I heard a couple players for the Sox say something similar.... that the Cubs should play "their best 25 if they want to win". Even Hahn said something similar during the Cubs/Sox game the other day.

It just seemed like a little bit of a dig, imo, against the Cubs. Everybody heard what Theo said about not bringing up the "best 25" the other day, and since then, I've heard several people say that exact same thing. Hahn said that you should play your best 25 if you intend on winning.

I thought Hahn should be worrying about Johnson and Rodon, and not commenting on the Cubs Business. I'm not exactly bent out of shape about any of it, but like I said, it seemed like a little dig to me. It's bad enough we got to listen to Boras' crappola, I'm tired about hearing about it from other teams and their players.

It seems everyone has an opinion what Theo should do. I say fuck em and worry about themselves. :dunno: If I were a player and I was interviewed, I would just say "that's the Cubs Business and I'm just worried about myself".

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I think a lot of it is because everyone, including other teams' players and management, wants to see him play at the MLB level ASAP. It's pretty clear that unless something odd happens the kid is going to be special.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
That's because the Sox would like to see the Cubs lose that year of control LOL

Don't hate the players, hate the game

Theo has never had a prospect debut on Opening Day in his entire career, so it is just a personal policy he has implemented.

I'm sure Shark is frustrated by the whole thing. He was there for the worst of times, and traded right before things were on the up. He put in all the dirty work and got no benefit of the rebuild. He's a competitor, I'm sure he didn't like being on a team that was tanking for 3 years

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Putnam and Cleto suck. Hawks and Stone talked about this was Cleto's first bad outing? Take one look at his mechanics and throw the bum away. As for Putnam, a one pitch pony who when he gets the ball up, it is hit a long long way.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I am sure that he is just torn up that you do not like him. He's just happy that he got out of that crap organization and its whiny fans.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Uh huh. A future of last place finishes. An endless parade of low achievers loved by a fan base longing for the "glory days" of SamME Soso and company. Has Castro gotten out of jail yet?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well first, I'm a little tired of hearing other people comment about the Cubs Business. I heard a couple players for the Sox say something similar.... that the Cubs should play "their best 25 if they want to win". Even Hahn said something similar during the Cubs/Sox game the other day.

It just seemed like a little bit of a dig, imo, against the Cubs. Everybody heard what Theo said about not bringing up the "best 25" the other day, and since then, I've heard several people say that exact same thing. Hahn said that you should play your best 25 if you intend on winning.

I thought Hahn should be worrying about Johnson and Rodon, and not commenting on the Cubs Business. I'm not exactly bent out of shape about any of it, but like I said, it seemed like a little dig to me. It's bad enough we got to listen to Boras' crappola, I'm tired about hearing about it from other teams and their players.

It seems everyone has an opinion what Theo should do. I say fuck em and worry about themselves. :dunno: If I were a player and I was interviewed, I would just say "that's the Cubs Business and I'm just worried about myself".

I think that Theo should use a little more gel and get his teeth brightened a bit more. Pure Cubbie theater.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Looks like the Sox want Rodon to continue to develop his changeup. So much for Hahn keeping the best 25. :dunno:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Uh huh. A future of last place finishes. An endless parade of low achievers loved by a fan base longing for the "glory days" of SamME Soso and company. Has Castro gotten out of jail yet?

The joke would be maybe funny if he went to jail. You just sound like an unfunny douche. Dont go through life drunk and stupid.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The joke would be maybe funny if he went to jail. You just sound like an unfunny douche. Dont go through life drunk and stupid.

Just another reason why this place sucks as to baseball commentary ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Idiots like you. What's the matter, little one, have to stick up for your loser team? Why is it that Cubbie fans are so very sensitive? BP has a fit because of perceived injustice jibes by Shark and Hahn? Now, your inane response regarding Animal House? Why don't you just go away to your own little Cubbie world. This place is bereft enough of people wanting to talk baseball without your creation of a silly soap opera venue.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Looks like the Sox want Rodon to continue to develop his changeup. So much for Hahn keeping the best 25. :dunno:

I think that it is the correct decision because clearly Rodon is intended to be a starter which will be what he will do at Charlotte. Why do you fucking care, anyway> Worry about your last place team and their GQ President and Howdy Doody Manager. I can envision the pig swill emanating from Cub rags waxing poetic about the "genius" quip a day manager that they have. You know, the one that they tampered with.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wonder if Howdy Doody cares that he is loathed within baseball as an over-rated wise-guy who basically butt fucked one of "his own" in the sad Theo tampering saga? I thought that Ozzie was the biggest jag-off manager in baseball when he was with the Sox, but this wise-guy Maddon really takes the cake(or the coke in his case).

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You dont have many friends, eh?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

He's not ready. He wasn't ready last year either. This has been public knowledge for a long, long time.