2015 White Sox Spring Training Haps

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's not ready. He wasn't ready last year either. This has been public knowledge for a long, long time.

Neither is Bryant! He needs a good, solid 12 days to be ready! :lol:

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Just another reason why this place sucks as to baseball commentary ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Idiots like you. What's the matter, little one, have to stick up for your loser team? Why is it that Cubbie fans are so very sensitive? BP has a fit because of perceived injustice jibes by Shark and Hahn? Now, your inane response regarding Animal House? Why don't you just go away to your own little Cubbie world. This place is bereft enough of people wanting to talk baseball without your creation of a silly soap opera venue.
Yep. You wouldn't want to actually post something of intelligence. You know darn well that the Cubs aren't quite the "loser team" any longer. If in fact you have been around the game and placed as many players into college/drafted as you claim, you would know better. You come off as an angry hack. It's a shame, because I think you have a lot to offer other than bad, angry trolling of Cubs fans.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Yep. You wouldn't want to actually post something of intelligence. You know darn well that the Cubs aren't quite the "loser team" any longer. If in fact you have been around the game and placed as many players into college/drafted as you claim, you would know better. You come off as an angry hack. It's a shame, because I think you have a lot to offer other than bad, angry trolling of Cubs fans.

Agree to the millionth percent.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
He's not ready. He wasn't ready last year either. This has been public knowledge for a long, long time.

Yep, takes only 12 days to learn LF for a guy that has never played the OF professionally. :lol: :)

It sucks when fans from other teams comment on your teams Business, huh? :yep: Rodon is good enough to make the team now, imo. He looked pretty darn good when I watched him K 9 guys in 4 innings. :dunno:

The Sox, and Hahn, said that they want him to "polish" his changeup a little bit more. OK, I can live with that, they want him to be at his best for the teams success. I get it. What I don't get is why Bryant can't get a little more experience playing LF for the Cubs?

Sure, Brayant's bat is awesome, we're all excited to see him at the big league level. But his success was just in ST, right? He didn't get many chances in LF. It can be much better for the Cubs team if he can play LF, and say, bring up Russell as well, right?

Couldn't that be better for the Cubs in the long term to have him ready to play LF and bring up Russell, instead of keeping Russell down. The Cubs also will get a little longer look at Olt at 3B too. Olt looked pretty good so far, but it was just ST, right?

It could be much better for the Cubs team to see Olt get some big league games in to see if he can stick at 3B. That may help make a decision on whether to bring up Russell sooner than later as well, right?

Theo has also NEVER started a prospect at the start of the season as well. He's had some pretty good success doing it HIS way so far. Why should he all of a sudden change his ways? Because Boras thinks so? :smh:

Boras talks about it's job to get his client more money sooner, right? Well, guess what, it's Theo's job to save the Cubs more money too! And he'll save the Cubs millions by getting the extra year of control with Brayant, which pretty much EVERYONE understands, right? Furthermore, Boras' history shows he recommends players wait until FA'cy to sign long term. :smh:

I see many people commenting on the Cubs situation, and what they should do with Bryant, including the Sox brass and players. I don't see anyone from the Cubs sticking their nose in the Sox and Hahn's Business.

Furthermore, Boras should STFU with his criticism of the Cubs. Now he's making comments about the Cubs not winning for a 100 years, kind of like Sox fans...... Well, guess what? Theo has been here for 3 years, and he's got championship on his recent resume. STFU Boras!!!

Lastly, what really bothers me as a Cubs fan, is the fact that just about everyone has just flat out criticized the hell out of Theo and Cubs Management for the lst 3 years. Now that the Cubs have turned everything around in the last 3 years, and have loaded the team with bright young stars, they want to all of a sudden tell the Cubs how to run their team, and what's best for them to win games???

STFU!!!

Iwritecode

Liked Posts:
It sucks when fans from other teams comment on your teams Business, huh? :yep: Rodon is good enough to make the team now, imo. He looked pretty darn good when I watched him K 9 guys in 4 innings. :dunno:

The Sox, and Hahn, said that they want him to "polish" his changeup a little bit more. OK, I can live with that, they want him to be at his best for the teams success. I get it. What I don't get is why Bryant can't get a little more experience playing LF for the Cubs?

Sure, Brayant's bat is awesome, we're all excited to see him at the big league level. But his success was just in ST, right? He didn't get many chances in LF. It can be much better for the Cubs team if he can play LF, and say, bring up Russell as well, right?

Couldn't that be better for the Cubs in the long term to have him ready to play LF and bring up Russell, instead of keeping Russell down. The Cubs also will get a little longer look at Olt at 3B too. Olt looked pretty good so far, but it was just ST, right?

It could be much better for the Cubs team to see Olt get some big league games in to see if he can stick at 3B. That may help make a decision on whether to bring up Russell sooner than later as well, right?

Theo has also NEVER started a prospect at the start of the season as well. He's had some pretty good success doing it HIS way so far. Why should he all of a sudden change his ways? Because Boras thinks so? :smh:

Boras talks about it's job to get his client more money sooner, right? Well, guess what, it's Theo's job to save the Cubs more money too! And he'll save the Cubs millions by getting the extra year of control with Brayant, which pretty much EVERYONE understands, right? Furthermore, Boras' history shows he recommends players wait until FA'cy to sign long term. :smh:

I see many people commenting on the Cubs situation, and what they should do with Bryant, including the Sox brass and players. I don't see anyone from the Cubs sticking their nose in the Sox and Hahn's Business.

Furthermore, Boras should STFU with his criticism of the Cubs. Now he's making comments about the Cubs not winning for a 100 years, kind of like Sox fans...... Well, guess what? Theo has been here for 3 years, and he's got championship on his recent resume. STFU Boras!!!

Lastly, what really bothers me as a Cubs fan, is the fact that just about everyone has just flat out criticized the hell out of Theo and Cubs Management for the lst 3 years. Now that the Cubs have turned everything around in the last 3 years, and have loaded the team with bright young stars, they want to all of a sudden tell the Cubs how to run their team, and what's best for them to win games???

STFU!!!

FWIW, Theo didn't have to work very hard for those championship teams he was given in Boston. Also, the Cubs had a president with a couple of WS rings one other time. He didn't fare so well either.

I'm not saying Theo won't do well eventually, but his track record isn't THAT great.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
FWIW, Theo didn't have to work very hard for those championship teams he was given in Boston. Also, the Cubs had a president with a couple of WS rings one other time. He didn't fare so well either.

I'm not saying Theo won't do well eventually, but his track record isn't THAT great.

Blah, blah, blah. I've heard that before as well. How does that have anything to do with what he's done for the Cubs? It's still a ring on his resume.

point: hidden;

('point', NULL);

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Yeah...leave Theo alone. He's averaged almost 67 wins per season during his three year tenure. :lmao:

Btw, I came here to applaud Rodon's nice performance today, but nobody seems to give an actual shit about the Sox around here.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah...leave Theo alone. He's averaged almost 67 wins per season during his three year tenure. :lmao:

Btw, I came here to applaud Rodon's nice performance today, but nobody seems to give an actual shit about the Sox around here.

Yeah. Theo really left Beantown in great shape. All of that "moneyball" horseshit propaganda. The guy spent money like a drunken sailor, stripped their farm system, allowed the clubhouse turn into a country club. I am very happy that the Cubs hired this bum along with the other pissant Maddon who basically is a butt fucker. The Cubs deserve these two bums. Can't wait until the tampering charges get ruled on. Ricketts is guilty as hell on all of this. Ricketts......isn't that a horrible disease?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I speak the truth. The Cubs ARE A LOSER TEAM. In fact, the LOSINGEST team in baseball and have been for a LONG LONG TIME. Is this notsupposed to be a WHITE SOX BOARD? IF so, what the fuck are you doing on it? Why can't you and your loser buddies go diddle yourselves to your hearts content on this other board that was put together just for you losers? So, go ahead and you and BP continue to puff your sad team up. Hey, Hey, Holy Mackerel . The Cubs are going to win today. Do you guys get your silly rocks off dreaming the what might have beens with SamME Soso, what if Ron Santo would have really been able to click his heels after a championship? What if BARTMAN just had not tried to catch that foul ball?

What a sad fucking history. It would make me cry with you if it didn't make me so fucking happy about your misery. I love your misery. I know that you are head for much more of it because that is the DNA of the franchise. Somewhere in heaven, Harry is drinking and laughing his ass off at the poor foibles of the team he left behind. You know, Harry.......... The guy who owned the restaurant where some idiots actually blew up a baseball that they believed jinxed them? Has poor Bartman ever returned to Chicago or is he still under police protection. Such a team and such a fan base. PATHETIC!

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I speak the truth. The Cubs ARE A LOSER TEAM. In fact, the LOSINGEST team in baseball and have been for a LONG LONG TIME. Is this notsupposed to be a WHITE SOX BOARD? IF so, what the fuck are you doing on it? Why can't you and your loser buddies go diddle yourselves to your hearts content on this other board that was put together just for you losers? So, go ahead and you and BP continue to puff your sad team up. Hey, Hey, Holy Mackerel . The Cubs are going to win today. Do you guys get your silly rocks off dreaming the what might have beens with SamME Soso, what if Ron Santo would have really been able to click his heels after a championship? What if BARTMAN just had not tried to catch that foul ball?

What a sad fucking history. It would make me cry with you if it didn't make me so fucking happy about your misery. I love your misery. I know that you are head for much more of it because that is the DNA of the franchise. Somewhere in heaven, Harry is drinking and laughing his ass off at the poor foibles of the team he left behind. You know, Harry.......... The guy who owned the restaurant where some idiots actually blew up a baseball that they believed jinxed them? Has poor Bartman ever returned to Chicago or is he still under police protection. Such a team and such a fan base. PATHETIC!

Mental health help is a choice.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:

....And the Sox averaged a whopping 73 games in that same 3 year period, including the same record as the Cubs last year, what's your point? Furthermore, the Sox averaged 67 games the last two years, while the Cubs averaged 69. Cough...cough..., What's your point again?

Theo was in the middle of a 3 year total rebuild, what's your excuse? You see, that's the problem with some of you Sox fans, you're too busy criticizing the Cubs to realize that the Cubs are passing you by. Now that's funny! :lol:

Oh, and fun fact, Theo averaged 93 wins in 10 years with the red sox. :dunno: What's your point again?

-------------------------

And as far as Rodon goes, he's going to be great, imo, and he's definitely good enough now if you ask me. I didn't see the game today, but it looks like he pitched a decent 5 innings giving up 4 hits and 1 run. The guy looks like a stud. :yep:

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
ATTENTION

This is a thread about Spring Training, anyone posting here about ANYTHING else, go here http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/...Beatdown(WARNING-You-are-entering-a-war-zone)

Anything after this message that does not have to do with the White Sox will be deleted.

EDIT: After a very good suggestion from someone; if your post gets deleted, I will just move the post to the Crosstown Beatdown thread. Wasn't sure that was possible. So regardless, your post will end up there.

Last edited:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
ATTENTION

This is a thread about Spring Training, anyone posting here about ANYTHING else, go here http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/...Beatdown(WARNING-You-are-entering-a-war-zone)

Anything after this message that does not have to do with the White Sox will be deleted.

EDIT: After a very good suggestion from someone; if your post gets deleted, I will just move the post to the Crosstown Beatdown thread. Wasn't sure that was possible. So regardless, your post will end up there.

I'm not one who gives out platitudes readily, but I appreciate what you are attempting to do here. Maybe with baseball season starting soon, some fans will stumble across and start posting here because it right now is a ghost town.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I saw where Wilkens was picked up by Toronto a couple of days ago. I had hoped that he might have been worked at Charlotte as a 3rd baseman. He pretty much got lost in the numbers at first base and DH. After the season he had last year, I hope that he goes on to a good career because the kid can rake.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Its clear that they will focus on Rodon coming back as a starter this season, hence working on his change-up. If their intent was to start him in the pen, they wouldn't be concerned with his change-up nearly as much. This also will give him a chance to get used to a 4-5 day cycle between outings. I still think that the Sox will need to add another decent starter whatever happens to Rodon becuase the two back guys in the rotation are bums.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Jesse Crain released day after bonus paid. Wierd

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
Rough outing by Samardzjia. He allowed 5 runs and 6 hits in four innings of work. Bad note to enter the regular season, but it really doesn't matter as the game had no meaning. I am so ready for the season opening series against the Royals.