2015 White Sox Spring Training Haps

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
C-Sale explaining the true pecking order to the newb...

B-a4IdqIQAATot7.jpg

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Rodon getting a start on Friday

Tampabear

Liked Posts:
Who do you guys see as the early favorite at 2b?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Sox win and by that I mean those that needed to got their work in and it appears no one got hurt. :)

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Sox win and by that I mean those that needed to got their work in and it appears no one got hurt. :)

AviG and A-Ram looked hitterish right out of the gate. Quintana looked strong, and beardsley McNewguy showed some promise. Nice.

Watching Sanchez go deep to his left on a grounder looked exactly like Iguchi 10 years ago. I thought I fell asleep and went back in time.

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
Who do you guys see as the early favorite at 2b?
I think they are going to give every opportunity they can to Micah Johnson. He'd be the ideal #9 guy for the team,

Ultimately I want to see Johnson succeed because he has good speed on the bases, and Sanchez looked pretty awful last season. But I have not been overly impressed with Sanchez or Micah Johnson just yet. Micah is clearly the early favorite, but he is a rook, so take that with a grain of salt. I agree with Brett, his skill-set is ideal for the #9 spot. He just has to execute on the big stage. Not sure if I am confident in that yet.

Last edited:

Svic

Liked Posts:
Johnson went 4 for 4 today with 2 runs scored and a RBI. Good game for him

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I'd love to see a game soon. Want to see how the guys look at the dish, in the field and on the mound

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
Johnson went 4 for 4 today with 2 runs scored and a RBI. Good game for him

Didn't get to see it for myself, but that's good to hear. I'm just ready for the regular season. Bulls basketball has me even more eager for the baseball season.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Didn't get to see it for myself, but that's good to hear. I'm just ready for the regular season. Bulls basketball has me even more eager for the baseball season.

I hear ya. I'm really frustrated with the Bulls, myself. I'm usually quite the Bulls homer, but there's something missing with them, and I think it's similar to what we saw with the Bears last year, unfortunately. I've lost a lot of faith in Thib's which I never thought was possible.

Hey Undisputed, why are some Sox fans always on the Cubs ST thread trying to bring us down during this exciting time? It seems that the Sox are looking pretty good too and should have some good things to talk about here, right?

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Tyler Saladino looks just like a junior Magglio. Eerie. :eek:

IMAG0715_1.jpg

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Tyler Saladino looks just like a junior Magglio. Eerie. :eek:

attachment.php

The kid hit a HR and stole two bases today. Interesting prospect playing multiple positions coming off Tommy John surgery. :yep:

Looks like Rodon had a shaky start by walking a couple guys and then giving up 2 runs in the 1st, but then he settled down for the next two innings. He most likely will go back to AAA like Bryant. :dunno:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
The kid hit a HR and stole two bases today. Interesting prospect playing multiple positions coming off Tommy John surgery. :yep:

Looks like Rodon had a shaky start by walking a couple guys and then giving up 2 runs in the 1st, but then he settled down for the next two innings. He most likely will go back to AAA like Bryant. :dunno:

Not like Bryant, but yes he'll be back in AAA. He's not ready quite yet.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I thought some of you were for sticking him in the Pen.???

I think some are. I can't remember where I stood on that when it came up a bunch of weeks back. I really think he is going to be sent down and ready when the 4/5 spot needs replacement in May.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
And that was my point back then. They would bring him up when he is ready to start, but hey, we wouldn't want cubs trolls in the forum speaking intelligently. :D