Top 5 favorite wrestlers

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let's get this new sub forum of a sub forum of a sub forum started with a basic discussion

Your top 5 all time wrestlers

and your top 5 wrestlers currently signed to WWE

and obviously i'm not talking just the wrestling ability, but whatever characteristics are important to you is cool

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
My top 5 all time is pretty much set but order can change any time depending what I'm in the mood for

1. Rock
2. Austin
3. CM Punk
4. Shawn Michaels
5. Undertaker

Right now...

1. Ziggler
2. Lesnar
3. Cena
4. Rollins
5. Reigns

the fine print

Taker is almost a nostalgia thing for me at this point in his career. And I like Bo Dallas more than Reigns, but he hardly exists right now. I have to see more of most of the NXT guys to put them on my list but obviously there's a few impressive guys there, especially Owens/Steen imo

TCD

Liked Posts:
Top five of all time... Keep in mind I am an oooold fan and. I am a heel mark

1) Randy Savage
2) Nature boy Ric flair...whoooooooooo
3) The Hotrod Rowdy Roddy Piper
4) Scott Hall
5) Chris Jerich ( heel jericho only)/Owen Hart....i have to cheat and make it a tie. Owen was one of the most under-rated ring workers ever and funny as hell. Jericho was one of the best all around performers esp in his WCW Lionhart Jericho heel days...fucking 1001 holds promo is still one of the funniest ever..aaaaarm baaaar!

Lots of honorable metions but i wont bother the list would be too long)

top five current

1) Ambrose
2) Rollins
3) Kevin Steen ( or Kevin Owens...but hes always Steen to me) NXT counts right?
4) sandow
5) Bryan..even though I am not a huge Yes Yes guy something about his in ring work I really like.

Ill throw in past fav tag teams also but not new ones because the tag division has sucked for years

1) Hart Foundation
2) Road Warriors
3) British Bulldogs
4) Demolition..yah i know they were road warrior rip offs but as a kid they drew me
5) Edge and Christian

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Top 5 all-time

1. Brock Lesnar
2. Stone Cold
3. HHH
4. Hulk Hogan
5. Bret Hart/ Kurt Angle/ Randy Savage

Top 5 Now
1. Lesnar
2. Ambrose
3. Rollins
4. Ziggler
5. Bryan/Bo Dallas/Sandow

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I started watching at the 1996 royal rumble. I took a 12 year break from 2002 until WM30. Got hooked again.

All time:
1. Taker
2. HHH
3. Stone Cold
4. HBK
5. The Rock

Current:
1. Rollins
2. Daniel Bryan
3. Ziggler
4. Ambrose
5. Wyatt (just started liking him a lot since he started calling out Taker)

ob1force

Liked Posts:
All Time:
1. The Rock
2. Stone Cold Steve Austin
3. Kurt Angle
4. Undertaker
5. Edge/Lesnar

Current:
1. Seth Rollins
2. Rusev
3. Dean Ambrose
4. Cesaro
5. Bray Wyatt/Ziggler

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
1. Bobby Heenan
2. Paul Heyman
3. Hulk Hogan
4. King Kong Bundy
5. Taker/Rock/Austin/Jericho/Shane McMahon (I cheated I know)

Current
1. Heyman
2. Dolph
3. Sandow
4. HHH
5. Cena

All time Tags
1. Hart Foundation
2. NAO
3. Unslamables (studd and Bundy)
4. APA
5. Hall and Nash (NWO)

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. Bobby Heenan
2. Paul Heyman
3. Hulk Hogan
4. King Kong Bundy
5. Taker/Rock/Austin/Jericho/Shane McMahon (I cheated I know)

Current
1. Heyman
2. Dolph
3. Sandow
4. HHH
5. Cena

All time Tags
1. Hart Foundation
2. NAO
3. Unslamables (studd and Bundy)
4. APA
5. Hall and Nash (NWO)

u w0t m8?

TCD

Liked Posts:
I started watching at the 1996 royal rumble. I took a 12 year break from 2002 until WM30. Got hooked again.

All time:
1. Taker
2. HHH
3. Stone Cold
4. HBK
5. The Rock

Current:
1. Rollins
2. Daniel Bryan
3. Ziggler
4. Ambrose
5. Wyatt (just started liking him a lot since he started calling out Taker)

Im shocked bray made your top five and not mine!

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
HHH
Michaels
HHH
HHH
Bret Hart

Reactions: TCD

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Goldust
Goldust
Goldust
Goldust

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
These are the crusaders that made the sport what it is today....never forget!
The Crusher
images

Dick the Bruiser
images

Baron Von Raschke inventor of one of the most devastating submission holds ever.
images
"the claw"
Maurice "Mad dog" Vashon
images

Verne Gagne
images
known for the devastating submission hold "Gagne sleeper"

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Top 5 all time

1. Jake the Snake
2. Shawn Michaels
3. Brett Hart
4. Stone Cold
5. Hulk Hogan

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
These are the crusaders that made the sport what it is today....never forget!
The Crusher
images

Dick the Bruiser
images

Baron Von Raschke inventor of one of the most devastating submission holds ever.
images
"the claw"
Maurice "Mad dog" Vashon
images

Verne Gagne
images
known for the devastating submission hold "Gagne sleeper"
Screw them. When it comes to shaping and making wresting what it has been, these are the top 5.

BrunoSammartino_2202.jpg

Bruno Sammartino - Long time WWWF champ and prototypical powerful hero who pretty much dominated for 2 decades (60's and 70's)

superstar-billy-graham-300x194.jpg

Superstar Billy Graham - Revolutionized the interview and big muscle aspects of wrestling. When you speak of mic skills w/wrestlers, it started with the Superstar who was inspired by Muhammad Ali.

Hulk-Hogan.jpg

Hulk Hogan - Almost a ripoff of the Superstar and also a protege of the golden Graham. Although he's played the role of heel, his career took off as the real American who told the fans to take their vitamins and say their prayers while taking full advantage of the heavy nationalist theme in wrestling. Pretty much made up of all gimmicks but they all worked.

imagesCAZWA73I.jpg

Stone Cold Steve Austin - When Stunning Steve failed as the Ringmaster, he shaved his head and became "Stone Cold". He was the foul mouthed, bird waving, beer drinking rebel and perhaps greatest antihero in wrestling history. His run didn't last as long as many other icons as it was cut short by neck and knee injuries but his popularity was unmatched when at its height.

rock_rumblle_99.jpg

The Rock - Any questions? The most electrifying sports entertainer ever. His mic skills and charisma unmatched. Transcended wresting more than any before him. His signature sayings and signature moves all very well known. While other wrestlers managed to parlay their notoriety from wresting into somewhat of an acting career, none come close to having as lucrative an acting career as The Rock, the people's champion.

Certainly there's been other icons worthy of mention, both in the WWWF/WWF/WWE and in other promotions before they were sucked up by the WWF (Pedro Morales, Nick Bockwinkel, Dick The Bruiser, Crusher, Bobo Brazil, Ernie Ladd, Bruiser Brody, Wahoo McDaniel, Ivan Koloff, Ken Patera, Mil Mascaras, Jimmy Snuka, Bob Backlund, Nikita Koloff, Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Iron Shiek, Andre the Giant, Randy Savage, Sgt Slaughter, Undertaker, Ultimate Warrior, Kurt Angle, Brock Lesnar) but the big 5 listed above carried it through and made it the popular big business it has been.

TCD

Liked Posts:
Woa woa woa. I like both top five lists for influencial wrestlers who made the sport but you both are missing one
very important guy. Gorgeous George! He paved the way for all heels and nobody eeeever got heat the way Gorgeous George did. Otherwise i think you guys hit on some of the biggest players.

I may even put Flair in a top five just because of the four horsemen and because he was a massive star within the territories....massive.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Woa woa woa. I like both top five lists for influencial wrestlers who made the sport but you both are missing one
very important guy. Gorgeous George! He paved the way for all heels and nobody eeeever got heat the way Gorgeous George did. Otherwise i think you guys hit on some of the biggest players.

I may even put Flair in a top five just because of the four horsemen and because he was a massive star within the territories....massive.
I was going to fit in the Gorgeous one but wanted to stick with the main 5 and not really go that far back. haha I made mention of how Superstar Billy Graham was inspired by Muhammad Ali and Ali has said his schtick was inspired by Gorgeous George. Ali took note of not only how well known George became but how much of a draw his braggadocios manner made him.

I think wrestling has always centered around the McMahon's promotion so I would stick with that top 5 I put as the most influential. 3 of the Biggest names who gained their fame before ever taking part in WWF/WWE would be Ric Flair, Harley Race, and Dusty Rhodes.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:

I don't like the idea of putting someone I've never seen in my personal top five.

Only a smark would put someone who's been dead for 51 years into their top five.