Darling and Nordstrom up, Raanta and Hartman down

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
THE SEASON IS SAVED!!

Lineup for the next game should be interesting.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Darling sucks... I actually liked Hartman, too bad he didn't get a ton of ice time.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Lol.....

Way to send them a message! I'm usually not a fan of "shaking up the locker room" but this team looks way too fucking complacent. Ship out a guy like Shaw and make some room to make some real callups and see what some of the hungry kids in Rockford can bring to the table...

Why do the Hawks keep bringing up Nordstrom when you have guys like McNeil, Danault, Mashinter, and Ross all playing well?

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I would like to see what McNeil can do up here. I was impressed with the limited time Danault got.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's not going to solve anything, unfortunately.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lol.....

Way to send them a message! I'm usually not a fan of "shaking up the locker room" but this team looks way too fucking complacent. Ship out a guy like Shaw and make some room to make some real callups and see what some of the hungry kids in Rockford can bring to the table...

Why do the Hawks keep bringing up Nordstrom when you have guys like McNeil, Danault, Mashinter, and Ross all playing well?

Because.... Nordstrom is tall, and he pulls off that creepy perve Uncle vibe when he grows a mustache

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Nordstrom is getting called up because like most Swedish players he has a very good all around game. He can play anywhere in the line up, especially PK and a defensive role on the 4th line, and not hurt the team while a guy like McNeil, Mashinter and Ross aren't as defensively sound as him. I think Dandault could play it as well, but Nordstrom might be playing better right now. More or less, it's for whatever role they think Nordstrom will fill for them.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Nordstrom is getting called up because like most Swedish players he has a very good all around game. He can play anywhere in the line up, especially PK and a defensive role on the 4th line, and not hurt the team while a guy like McNeil, Mashinter and Ross aren't as defensively sound as him. I think Dandault could play it as well, but Nordstrom might be playing better right now. More or less, it's for whatever role they think Nordstrom will fill for them.

Hawks are having a ton of trouble scoring lately. Some secondary scoring would be a welcome change. So, let's continue to bring up the guy with zero offensive ability, because Q actually trusts him enough to play him. Makes sense.

And we're never going to KNOW what those guys can do at the NHL level, until they get a legit fucking chance. :obama:

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Hawks are having a ton of trouble scoring lately. Some secondary scoring would be a welcome change. So, let's continue to bring up the guy with zero offensive ability, because Q actually trusts him enough to play him. Makes sense.

And we're never going to KNOW what those guys can do at the NHL level, until they get a legit fucking chance. :obama:

Where would you like to slot these skilled players from Rockford? We pretty much have a log jam in the top 9.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
The third line has been shit all season. Log jam in the top six, sure. Top 9? No. There are pretty much 5 guys that could be scratched every night for their horseshit play this season.

If those guys were guys like TT who had one dimension to their game, you would have a point. The players I mentioned are hardly that. All of them fit in on the 3rd/4th line. If you're going to dress Carcillo, you might as well dress Mashinter instead. He's a better version of Carcillo, who can actually fight, and play without the stupidity. Some of them are probably better than Smith, who has been a zero most of the season. All of them play with grit... What's the harm in bringing up a guy like McNeil, Ross, Danault, or Mashinter, and sending a message to Shaw/Bickell/Smith? There's no accountability, because regardless of how bad you play, you stay in the lineup. You look around the league and guys get healthy scratched constantly for poor play and to send them a message. The Hawks have only done it...once. With Smith.

Then again, this team has been cap fucked all season because of Stan's poor decisions, so they have hardly any flexibility when it comes to the roster. They've been carrying 8 D pretty much all season, right? What the fuck is the point of having Erixson, Cumiskey, Rundblad, and Rozsival ALL on the roster? Why were all those useless assholes even brought in this season when you have D prospects that need a look?

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I don't see how Mashinter is the answer in any way. I've seen enough of him at the AHL level this year to know that he can't skate and play at the NHL level...not better than Carcillo can. Maybe there is a future there and he steps up at the NHL level, but I wouldn't start saying he is the answer to anything that this team needs. Danault had his shot and didn't force the Blackhawks' hand. Same goes with Hartman who really cooled off after his first shift in the NHL and looked overmatched. TT got his chance and showed plenty of flashes of his high end talent but showed how much he has to improve. People keep wanting to see these prospects, but these guys need time. They simply aren't ready to contribute to a team that should be contending for a Stanley Cup. Plenty of these prospects have bright futures but they still have a ways to go. One of the best call ups this season has been Cumiskey...it just shows you that these guys have to keep getting their seasoning in the AHL when a guy like Cumiskey is the guy showing that he can play at the NHL level. Nordstrom has also shown that he can play a bottom 6 role in the NHL...no doubt he isn't going to light it up on the scoreboard, but what call up has so far? Very rarely are prospects the answer...I know they are the shiny new penny that everyone loves, but have to cool it a little and let them force the hand.

EDIT: Trust me when I say this though...I am rooting for every call up to force the hand of the Blackhawks. Would be a huge bonus to get a guy on an ELC ready to contribute throughout the line up. I see a future for many of them and some of them may even be ready to step up now. Just hasn't happened yet.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
That's not the point. The point is, you reward guys that are playing well in Rockford with looks on the big club, especially when you have a bunch of bottom six guys underachieving, and the team is slumping. Nobody expects them to come in and take a permanent spot. Call ups are a spark plug and a message sender. You also give them a taste of the speed and level of play in the NHL. You show guys that if they aren't going to play, you'll find someone hungrier that will take their place. Accountability.

Cumiskey is one of the best callups? He's played 4 damn games and played about 11 minutes a game. He hasn't looked any better than Erixson or Rundblad at this point.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I don't see how Mashinter is the answer in any way. I've seen enough of him at the AHL level this year to know that he can't skate and play at the NHL level...not better than Carcillo can. Maybe there is a future there and he steps up at the NHL level, but I wouldn't start saying he is the answer to anything that this team needs. Danault had his shot and didn't force the Blackhawks' hand. Same goes with Hartman who really cooled off after his first shift in the NHL and looked overmatched. TT got his chance and showed plenty of flashes of his high end talent but showed how much he has to improve. People keep wanting to see these prospects, but these guys need time. They simply aren't ready to contribute to a team that should be contending for a Stanley Cup. Plenty of these prospects have bright futures but they still have a ways to go. One of the best call ups this season has been Cumiskey...it just shows you that these guys have to keep getting their seasoning in the AHL when a guy like Cumiskey is the guy showing that he can play at the NHL level. Nordstrom has also shown that he can play a bottom 6 role in the NHL...no doubt he isn't going to light it up on the scoreboard, but what call up has so far? Very rarely are prospects the answer...I know they are the shiny new penny that everyone loves, but have to cool it a little and let them force the hand.

Agree with you on Mashinter.

As for the rest, though, I've seen you routinely say that these prospects have "had their shot." How the hell is two games for Danault enough? Clendening got 4 this year, as did Dahlbeck, while Hartman got 5. I know that some of those brief stints were the result of other players returning from injury. But 5 games in the NHL is nowhere near enough to get acclimated to that level of the game.

I just don't understand why, when a roster spot becomes available, the Hawks can't call up a prospect and give him a solid 10-game stretch or so while playing with similar linemates so that he can develop a sense of chemistry with them. Give those prospects a real chance to sink or swim before you send them back up 90 after the first time they fuck up.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because Q.

q-larry-cohen.png

JErryAZuma

BallHawk/CardShark
Liked Posts:

I see your beef homie, They have also been playing absolutely terrible D in front of our net. I think that's why Q brings up the Complete two way players. I mean other teams completely set up camp behind our net three guys staring at him (not attacking) which allows other team to consistently find open ice in front of the net. I wanna rip my eyes out when I see Kane, Rozy, Saad (very seldom), Shaw, and Bicks not challenging the guy in front he'll half the time not even stick on the ice. Cause playoff time I want the guy who is gonna commit to stopping that rather than cherry picking and hoping to get a stretch play. We haven't been scoring too much, save last night night. But we have plenty of offensive talent. So when Q brings up a guy from Rockford, I would rather THEM be able to play stiff D and take care of Crows crease instead of someone who is more Offensively inclined.

JErryAZuma

BallHawk/CardShark
Liked Posts:
Agree with you on Mashinter.

As for the rest, though, I've seen you routinely say that these prospects have "had their shot." How the hell is two games for Danault enough? Clendening got 4 this year, as did Dahlbeck, while Hartman got 5. I know that some of those brief stints were the result of other players returning from injury. But 5 games in the NHL is nowhere near enough to get acclimated to that level of the game.

I just don't understand why, when a roster spot becomes available, the Hawks can't call up a prospect and give him a solid 10-game stretch or so while playing with similar linemates so that he can develop a sense of chemistry with them. Give those prospects a real chance to sink or swim before you send them back up 90 after the first time they fuck up.

It does kinda suck that happens. For example Hartman had 5 right? I was really starting to like his game, and the next thing YA know he's gone. Confidence and Flow things that cannot be improved upon in 3 game stints. So I agree with you about the ten games unless it's just a one game thing , like resting Hossa. But I don't think it makes much sense to play a guy for two games send him away and fill the same spot with another AHLer for only two games.