• We should've signed OJ Mayo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Definitely NOT the Bulls

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
I think the media is going to have to face the reality that Rose is never going to be the old Rose. I've hoped for things to change, I don't see it. Have to get used to who he is now and move on...I believe the franchise is realizing that too. It is what it is.

Yep the FO has completely given up on their franchise player not even a FULL YEAR into his comeback from two major knee surgeries. Time to start thinking about trades.

Or maybe they should just cut him so Cleveland can pick him up.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Yep the FO has completely given up on their franchise player not even a FULL YEAR into his comeback from two major knee surgeries. Time to start thinking about trades.

Or maybe they should just cut him so Cleveland can pick him up.

I doubt seriously that John Paxson at this time has any doubt that he has to find a franchise player. The injuries have taken their toll mentally...amongst other things.

And trust me, they would entertain trading Rose if you can find anyone willing to take on that contract. He is not worth his contract right now, and based on his words, won't be in the future....nowhere near it.

And would you rather have Kyrie or Derrick? So why bring Cleveland up?

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
The constant badgering doesn't hurt either. He shouldn't care one way or the other.

The question might have been directed more at Rose missing practice? Rose gets 30% of the total cap. If he isn't performing up to expectation, he is going to get badgered. Fact of life.

He doesn't. He's stated it ad nauseam. The media AND fans have used that to claim he's "selfish" or "doesn't try hard enough".

And what were the expectations for a player returning from 2 major knee surgeries in 2 years? Immediate MVP level play? Playing through injuries?

It seems the vast majority of fans and media had that fantasy in their mind when he returned to the court. I live in the real world with real world expectations. What I looked for was steady improvement throughout the season to the playoffs & staying healthy. He's done both of those so far this season with some bumps along the way. There's no reason for me to constantly badger the guy or blame him for all the team's woes when things go wrong.

And anyone who questions this kid's heart or dedication to the game or the team is a blithering idiot. If he wasn't a hard working, dedicated player, he never would've fought to come back from two major knee surgeries in two years. I question anyone to find me ANY MVP that has EVER done that in the NBA.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
He doesn't. He's stated it ad nauseam. The media AND fans have used that to claim he's "selfish" or "doesn't try hard enough".

And what were the expectations for a player returning from 2 major knee surgeries in 2 years? Immediate MVP level play? Playing through injuries?

It seems the vast majority of fans and media had that fantasy in their mind when he returned to the court. I live in the real world with real world expectations. What I looked for was steady improvement throughout the season to the playoffs & staying healthy. He's done both of those so far this season with some bumps along the way. There's no reason for me to constantly badger the guy or blame him for all the team's woes when things go wrong.

And anyone who questions this kid's heart or dedication to the game or the team is a blithering idiot
. If he wasn't a hard working, dedicated player, he never would've fought to come back from two major knee surgeries in two years. I question anyone to find me ANY MVP that has EVER done that in the NBA.

When you are the franchise player...again...you are going to get badgered. Then again, as I've stated before...when people realize that he is no longer that player...something I believe the Bulls' brass already believes...he won't get the badgering anymore.

He also stated ad nauseum that he isn't interested in playing that style of basketball he played in the past...find me any MVP who says “When I sit out it's not because of this year. I'm thinking about long term. I'm thinking about after I'm done with basketball. Having graduations to go to, having meetings to go to, I don't want to be in my meetings all sore or be at my son's graduation all sore just because of something I did in the past. [I'm] just learning and being smart."

Name ONE MVP that said that....Magic? Jordan? Bird? Those boys wouldn't miss a damn game...Bird played years after being told he should stop. He couldn't even sit in a damn chair! How many games would Jordan have sat out because he was sore at that point? Let alone worrying about being sore in the future?

It is what it is.

I would expect the guy who got soooooooooooooooooooooooooo upset over Lebron calling that game against the Bulls a "trap game"...to be more upset with Rose's words.

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
I doubt seriously that John Paxson at this time has any doubt that he has to find a franchise player. The injuries have taken their toll mentally...amongst other things.

And trust me, they would entertain trading Rose if you can find anyone willing to take on that contract. He is not worth his contract right now, and based on his words, won't be in the future....nowhere near it.

And would you rather have Kyrie or Derrick? So why bring Cleveland up?

I forgot you are tapped into the FO. So who's this franchise player Pax is looking for? What tree is he growing on right now?

You're questioning Rose's mentality when he's attacked more and more each game and shown more and more fearlessness in his attacking. 18.6 ppg in 31 mins and you're acting like he's fallen off a cliff. He literally just had his minutes restriction lifted a month ago. So answer me this, why would the FO "protect" their franchise player with a minutes restriction if they are resigned to give up on him now?

Cleveland was brought up because that's your favorite team now, isn't it? I mean it does have Lebron on it. Plus, much like 2323, you seem to only show up when Rose has a bad game.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Isn't there ALREADY an official Rose complaining thread? :dunno:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Isn't there ALREADY an official Rose complaining thread? :dunno:
Yes, but we have to also have this discussion in every IGT when Rose has a bad game.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I forgot you are tapped into the FO. So who's this franchise player Pax is looking for? What tree is he growing on right now?

You're questioning Rose's mentality when he's attacked more and more each game and shown more and more fearlessness in his attacking. 18.6 ppg in 31 mins and you're acting like he's fallen off a cliff. He literally just had his minutes restriction lifted a month ago. So answer me this, why would the FO "protect" their franchise player with a minutes restriction if they are resigned to give up on him now?

Cleveland was brought up because that's your favorite team now, isn't it? I mean it does have Lebron on it. Plus, much like 2323, you seem to only show up when Rose has a bad game.

...and you are a butler at the Rose residence I presume? The FO is protecting their 20million dollar investment. Crawl out from under the rock every once and a while and you would find out...just from reading newspapers...the FO is concerned about minutes with the whole team. Didn't Paxson get into a spat with a Bulls coach over Noah's minutes? Don't remember that? Probably not.

Not hard to come to the conclusions I've come to. Just have to put the pom poms down and pay attention for a change. Never said I was happy about it. Just stated that I don't think he will be what Russell Westbrook is now, because he is not that damn aggressive. And from his words, he'll never be.

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
I would expect the guy who got soooooooooooooooooooooooooo upset over Lebron calling that game against the Bulls a "trap game"...to be more upset with Rose's words.

Oh no, Rose is human and has thoughts outside of basketball! Shame on him! Oh no, Rose said something stupid to the media! Let's change our entire perception of him as player and a person!

Oh and let's applaud players for destroying their bodies while playing because that's the "warrior" way to play. I think there's A LOT of NFL players who would disagree with that statement. But hey let's flip that around. How about your boy Lebron? You know the one who openly admits to "chilling" in games & tells teammates they don't have to compete against division rivals. The Lebron who said he would be "patient" with his team "that wasn't close to championship level", then sat out for two weeks to force the FO to make trades to improve the team. Or the Lebron who couldn't play in a Finals game due to the heat in a stadium that every other player had to deal with. Lebron is the biggest diva in the NBA. It is what it is.

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
...and you are a butler at the Rose residence I presume? The FO is protecting their 20million dollar investment. Crawl out from under the rock every once and a while and you would find out...just from reading newspapers...the FO is concerned about minutes with the whole team. Didn't Paxson get into a spat with a Bulls coach over Noah's minutes? Don't remember that? Probably not.

Not hard to come to the conclusions I've come to. Just have to put the pom poms down and pay attention for a change. Never said I was happy about it. Just stated that I don't think he will be what Russell Westbrook is now, because he is not that damn aggressive. And from his words, he'll never be.

Says the guy who still has a Lebron sig from Miami.

I've watched every game this season. Listened to the post game interviews. I don't need to read the damn newspapers. You know why? BECAUSE THE FO DOESN'T TALK TO THE MEDIA. Just admit that you have NO IDEA what Pax or the FO are thinking. I freely admit I don't. All you are doing is making assumptions based on hearsay from writers with a clear agenda to get site hits.

Liked Posts:
I don't think the constant badgering of Rose helps at all. Rose is trying to come back to MVP level, after missing two years with two major knee surgeries, and everyone looks for ANYTHING to bash him with, and looks for controversy in everything he does. This question is a good example. :dunno:

2013 doesn't count as a full year. 65% into the year, he was cleared to play but refused.

Bear06

Liked Posts:
It's called a timeout. Thibs had 3 of them at that point. Put your fucking hands together in a fucking T and call and fucking TIMEOUT. I'm sick of Thibs pulling this bullshit in blowouts. You can call a timeout in a blow out to get your starters out Thibs. It's ok. The game isn't going to fall apart. Jesus!

Thibs after the Bulls almost blew the game against the Pacers back in late December. :lol:

It's funny because you always hear ohh you're up 10 get those guys out of here. Not in this league. - Tom Thibodeau

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Oh no, Rose is human and has thoughts outside of basketball! Shame on him! Oh no, Rose said something stupid to the media! Let's change our entire perception of him as player and a person!

Oh and let's applaud players for destroying their bodies while playing because that's the "warrior" way to play. I think there's A LOT of NFL players who would disagree with that statement. But hey let's flip that around. How about your boy Lebron? You know the one who openly admits to "chilling" in games & tells teammates they don't have to compete against division rivals. The Lebron who said he would be "patient" with his team "that wasn't close to championship level", then sat out for two weeks to force the FO to make trades to improve the team. Or the Lebron who couldn't play in a Finals game due to the heat in a stadium that every other player had to deal with. Lebron is the biggest diva in the NBA. It is what it is.

How far up your ass did you go to pull out this bullshit?

As far as the cramping in the finals game...look at the stat line he had for that game. He was the best player on the floor in that game...
Now you know why he sat out for 2 weeks? Are you saying he faked an injury? Lol...why did Reggie Rose say Derrick wasn't coming back from that ACL again?

I am talking facts homey. You are coming up with nursery rhymes that even you don't believe. Lebron is the best player in the world. Rose isn't the best player on his team. You asked in the past that I have faith...this ain't a religion and I don't worship players...I call it like I see it.

Face the facts bruh. Rose is sitting on hundreds of millions of dollars. He doesn't have the appetite to do what he did in the past. It ain't happening. He is not going to regain form by shooting 5.5 threes a game. That is way too much, and his percentage is abysmal.

Those are facts...now you can keep pulling fairy tales out of your ass...it won't work though.

Liked Posts:

And anyone who questions this kid's heart or dedication to the game or the team is a blithering idiot. If he wasn't a hard working, dedicated player, he never would've fought to come back from two major knee surgeries in two years. I question anyone to find me ANY MVP that has EVER done that in the NBA.

Right! For each of the past two summers Rose has been talking up his game and how good he has felt. But he hasn't delivered consistently. Nor has he made sensible modifications to his game.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Says the guy who still has a Lebron sig from Miami.

I've watched every game this season. Listened to the post game interviews. I don't need to read the damn newspapers. You know why? BECAUSE THE FO DOESN'T TALK TO THE MEDIA. Just admit that you have NO IDEA what Pax or the FO are thinking. I freely admit I don't. All you are doing is making assumptions based on hearsay from writers with a clear agenda to get site hits.

Why do you give a damn about what's on my sig? As far as what I am stating, I am also using quotes to back up my points. You can't do that so you bring up...my sig. You'd rather I post a gif of some kid jumping on another kid's testicles...great.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
its not just about Derrick having a bad games while working himself back

its that he looks flat out disinterested at times

when you play like that and say stuff he's said to the media then yeah it tends to give the impression you don't care

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

when you play like that and say stuff he's said to the media then yeah it tends to give the impression you don't care

None of that matters I guess.

If he turns to Nazr and says "this is a trap game" while playing against the Pistons...well, now he's gone too far...what a pile of bullshit...

RichTUK

Liked Posts:
Watching the game now, got around 3 mins of the 2nd quarter to go... 1st off... both teams shooting bad but we are finally attacking the boards and creating 2nd even 3rd chance points, which is great to see.

Cant help but think that we have met Milwaukee just at the right time after the trades. On the plus side... if a few guys sort out their poor shooting night, Jo keeps up attacking the rebounds then maybe... just maybe, we can have a good run.

Hornets and the Timberwolves coming up next, if we cant win both of those then we have some serious problems.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

Well he pretty much hinted that he's not going to throw his body out like that anymore. We won't get "lay it all on the line" Rose like we used to anymore. Only chance of that is him waking up before the playoffs and saying "Hey, it's win or go home.".

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Well he pretty much hinted that he's not going to throw his body out like that anymore. We won't get "lay it all on the line" Rose like we used to anymore. Only chance of that is him waking up before the playoffs and saying "Hey, it's win or go home.".

Exactly my point. Maybe if you say it, it won't come off as "bashing". He is not putting it all on the line every night...and he said he wouldn't.