Last edited:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Oooo the new look Bucks.

We're 2-0 vs the Bucks this year.. I hope to make it 3-0.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That is a loooooong lineup Milwaukee's got. Will be interesting to see how well MCW does replacing Knight. Might actually make the game easier as he's not a shooter like Knight is. Dudley's the only real shooting threat in that starting lineup. Pretty much just need to make sure he and Middleton can't shoot open 3s and we should be good on that front.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Just keep beating the Bucks while we can. Have a feeling this will be a very big rivalry in the next few years..

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Just keep beating the Bucks while we can. Have a feeling this will be a very big rivalry in the next few years..
Maybe. Depends on Jabari really. Them being good this year actually kinda shoots them out of getting a decent pick in a draft that actually looks fairly decent again this year.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe. Depends on Jabari really. Them being good this year actually kinda shoots them out of getting a decent pick in a draft that actually looks fairly decent again this year.

This is pretty much a free year for them. No one really expected them to be in the playoff hunt where they are and especially without Jabari.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Gibson & Hinrich both OUT.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I just read a pretty good article in the paper today about Rose with Thibs basically calling him out to be their catalyst. I kind of said a similar thing a couple of hours ago on a post here about what I feel is a lack of leadership in the back court. Then I read about Rose missing a practice before the Pistons game.

I think that there is a big change going on with the Bulls and a lot of it has to do with Rose's failure to lead. When he was gone, the Bulls had guys step up and lead then he came back and now everyone seems to be looking around their shoulders to find leadership. Frankly I do not know if Rose has it in him to lead. Maybe the other guys around him like Noah, Gibson, and Butler don't want to sort of step on his toes? But someone has to do it. Thibs cannot do it as a coach. It has to be taken over by a player.

All that I know is this, if Rose cannot get his head out of his ass and lead through the remainder of this season, then the Bulls have a huge decision to make as far as I am concerned and that is whether they keep Rose or not. It would be a mega crater in Chicago if they start trade talks regarding him but what is their alternative? I do not care if they fire Thibs, Fire Gar/Pax or whoever that they bring in, but they need a star who can lead a team. The logical guy to do it is the team's best player but Rose right now isn't even their best player is he?

The United Center struck me by its silence in the Suns game. It was like a morgue in the building. It was literally like the congregation was waiting for the corpse to hopefully rise out of his coffin a play basketball. It never used to be that way. Not in my memory. Even when they didn't have Rose.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The UC has never been the loudest bunch of fans from my experience

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Another interesting article in the papers today was surrounding Gibson playing with a torn tendon in the hand and his disenchantment with how some of the press is talking about him POUTING and not playing very well because of it and having Gasol playing instead of him.

Now, I am admittedly a huge Gibson and Noah fan so take out of it what you will, but the notion of Gibson and Noah not working their asses off while in the game is crap as far as I am concerned. I will also say that I believe that it pisses them off when they see some of their fellow teammates what I will categorize as dogging it on defense. And yeah, I say it is Gasol and Rose who are the primary culprits. Some of you guys will disagree with me and that is fine.

But I do see two different player mind sets on this team. I see a group comprised of Noah, Gibson, Butler, Mirotic, Snell, and Brooks who do go balls out all of the time and I see another group of Gasol, Rose, Dunleavy, and Hinrich who either take plays off or cannot physically make a difference on defense or hustle plays.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Well he's had that.. hasn't kept him out lately.

Edit:

Ankle/Hand illnesses.