Hashbrowns

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So over the weekend I added hashbrowns to my breakfast meals.

I buy the shredded hashbrowns.... heat up some corn oil.... season em with some onion powder and some salt/pepper.

Who else makes some good hashbrowns at home?

8d82ecbacd4fba851720a527a21b847c.jpg

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fun fact: Ares has been sending me pictures of hashbrowns for the past 15 minutes.

:kermit:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

I buy the shredded hashbrowns.... heat up some corn oil.... season em with some onion powder and some salt/pepper.

When i'm feeling carby, i do. I usually grate my own potatoes and fry bacon in a cast iron, using the bacon fat to cook the browns.

An interesting thing I like to do is make the hashbrowns and then add cheese, bacon crumbles, green onion, etc to one half of the browns then fold the other side overtop, like an omelet. Shit is ca$h.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
When i'm feeling carby, i do. I usually grate my own potatoes and fry bacon in a cast iron, using the bacon fat to cook the browns.

An interesting thing I like to do is make the hashbrowns and then add cheese, bacon crumbles, green onion, etc to one half of the browns then fold the other side overtop, like an omelet. Shit is ca$h.

I was using the bacon grease on my skillet to fry the eggs.... maybe next time I will use it for hashbrowns and eggs.... they can play nice.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I was using the bacon grease on my skillet to fry the eggs.... maybe next time I will use it for hashbrowns and eggs.... they can play nice.

Do it. It's totally worth it. If the eggs have a problem, just tell them to put the hashbrowns on ignore.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Eggs over medium or over easy, hashbrowns, bacon = very satisfying breakfast

I like to drop a poached egg on top of my hashbrown quesadilla and if I put cayenne powder in them browns, i put a little dollop of sour cream or greek yogurt on top.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Do it. It's totally worth it. If the eggs have a problem, just tell them to put the hashbrowns on ignore.

I might actually go in the opposite direction and force them to interact.... hashbrown/scrambled egg mix.... put some cheese on top and get it to melt.... some bacon and sourdough toast.... win..

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I might actually go in the opposite direction and force them to interact.... hashbrown/scrambled egg mix.... put some cheese on top and get it to melt.... some bacon and sourdough toast.... win..

Corned beef hash/hashbrown/egg mix...had it at a restaurant once. Quite delicious with some Mexican style hot sauce.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

then you aren't making hashbrowns anymore. That is what Brett would call a "frittata"

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

That's not yours, right?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
How many lashes do I owe for such folly?

I was just messing around, although I don't think Jesus would approve of your frittata being termed "hashbrowns"

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I use the simply potato bag. I am awful at making them. Only once did I get them golden brown, the others, just burnt. :( I would love to be good at it, but I am not.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I use the simply potato bag. I am awful at making them. Only once did I get them golden brown, the others, just burnt. :( I would love to be good at it, but I am not.

Yeah I find it hard to determine when they ought to be ready for a flip.... I wound up flipping many times.... I got em mostly golden brown on the outside though.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The key is to get your pan screaming hot and not fuss with them before flipping.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The key is to get your pan screaming hot and not fuss with them before flipping.

This because you gotta get them to basically all fuse together in that crispy goodness to flip them