Hashbrowns

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I got some solid advice from Silence..... I kept going oil and getting a nice golden brown crisp on one side of the hashbrowns, then I would flip and the other side would either not get color or burn.... he said I should add some butter to my oil in the pan.

It worked out well.... the oil/butter mix stuck around long enough to give a nice golden brown on both sides.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I got some solid advice from Silence..... I kept going oil and getting a nice golden brown crisp on one side of the hashbrowns, then I would flip and the other side would either not get color or burn.... he said I should add some butter to my oil in the pan.

It worked out well.... the oil/butter mix stuck around long enough to give a nice golden brown on both sides.

So you like them well done I see.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am considering pre-mixing my seasoning into my hashbrown potatoes so I don't have to season them in the pan.

Good idea? Bad idea?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I am considering pre-mixing my seasoning into my hashbrown potatoes so I don't have to season them in the pan.

Good idea? Bad idea?

It can work, but remember that powdered seasonings will burn. I'd say add them before you flip (or fold, depending on your religion)

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It can work, but remember that powdered seasonings will burn. I'd say add them before you flip (or fold, depending on your religion)
People fold hashbrowns?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
People fold hashbrowns?

I like mine crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. also, if you recall earlier in this hashbrown thread, I introduced the concept of a "hashbrown omelete" or "quesadilla" or "stuffed hashbrowns" which really do need to be folded unless you have another pan full of browns you can slap on top the other ones...

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I like mine crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. also, if you recall earlier in this hashbrown thread, I introduced the concept of a "hashbrown omelete" or "quesadilla" or "stuffed hashbrowns" which really do need to be folded unless you have another pan full of browns you can slap on top the other ones...

I crisp one side and then flip the entire thing in the pan..

Dis was the chef skill tree option I picked when I got to Silence's lvl

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dat double hashbrown combo seems pretty legit

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I crisp one side and then flip the entire thing in the pan..

Me too, unless i'm making those formentioned things or if I'm just doing a small batch for myself...

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I know, that's why i'm contemplating buying a new waffle iron so i can throw in the potatoes, then put in the fillings then more potatoes on top then clamp it down. seems like it could be the endgame for me.
Do it

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I thought you stopped eatin carbs doe?

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
I know, that's why i'm contemplating buying a new waffle iron so i can throw in the potatoes, then put in the fillings then more potatoes on top then clamp it down. seems like it could be the endgame for me.

Yeah man, do it. It'll be like a waffle sandwich except with hashbrowns. I just made hashbrowns in the waffle iron for the first time this weekend and it turned out perfect. It actually looked like a waffle from afar.