Should We Be Concerned?.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
I have seen slumps in March, and not been concerned.

But this team has been inconsistent, and underachieving seemingly since the holidays.

Why?.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I have seen slumps in March, and not been concerned.

But this team has been inconsistent, and underachieving seemingly since the holidays.

Why?.
They decided they should go hand in hand with the Bulls.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;ZspTeGacYAU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZspTeGacYAU[/video]

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
IMO our D core is hurting us the most.... inconsistent play from the bottom 4 D men.... Q is constantly benching 1 of them and unfortunately is never Rozival.

D is playing like shit and when they become a shit show they lose confidence and Crow has been crumbling along with them.

One of those 2 components needs to pick itself up and straighten out.... either Crow needs to start standing on his head to get his D men feeling more confident or they need to play better in front of him to get him on track. Right now neither of those 2 pieces seem to be complimenting one another.

On top of that I think our Offensive lines are lacking cohesion and none of the lines are hot.... Q is doing the line blender thing but it has not helped much as of late. Versteeg has looked kinda shitty coming back off injury and that 2nd line has not been hot like it was earlier in the year. Offense is not bad enough to be our biggest issue though IMO.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Darling in net tomorrow against the Panthers. Probably to tempt Dale to trade Campbell and eat half his salary for Bickell.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
IMO our D core is hurting us the most.... inconsistent play from the bottom 4 D men.... Q is constantly benching 1 of them and unfortunately is never Rozival.

D is playing like shit and when they become a shit show they lose confidence and Crow has been crumbling along with them.

One of those 2 components needs to pick itself up and straighten out.... either Crow needs to start standing on his head to get his D men feeling more confident or they need to play better in front of him to get him on track. Right now neither of those 2 pieces seem to be complimenting one another.

On top of that I think our Offensive lines are lacking cohesion and none of the lines are hot.... Q is doing the line blender thing but it has not helped much as of late. Versteeg has looked kinda shitty coming back off injury and that 2nd line has not been hot like it was earlier in the year. Offense is not bad enough to be our biggest issue though IMO.
22 goals in February for a 2.2/game average (10 games). Not going to win many games with that offense sputtering.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
But do we ship Bickell away before playoffs? I mean if the return is good I don't have much of an issue with it, but we lack a big body on the roster if we do that and as much as I think he's a waste during the regular season, he has come up big in the postseason the past two years. I think this maybe the best team we have top to bottom for a season or two since Toews and Kane's cap hit is going to fuck this team till the cap goes up.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I'm not really too worried, as this team can turn it on at any point and we still have a whole month to go before the post season. Plenty of time to get things clicking again. Just need to peak at the right time.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
22 goals in February for a 2.2/game average (10 games). Not going to win many games with that offense sputtering.

I agree, it is an issue, but I don't feel it is what is truly holding us back.... I think if the D/G situation got straightened out it would help push the offense to a better place..... better passing out of the zone.... better play in the neutral zone, more help from the D on the entries.... I think a little bit out of the D would go a long way with the offense... but I don't feel there is much more the guys on the offensive lines can do to help improve the play of the D.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm all in favor of a brutal, mandatory practice for everyone at this point. BBut that's just my sadistic side.

I think the gamut of problems the team has is indeed fixable, but they should have been fixed awhile ago.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I agree, it is an issue, but I don't feel it is what is truly holding us back.... I think if the D/G situation got straightened out it would help push the offense to a better place..... better passing out of the zone.... better play in the neutral zone, more help from the D on the entries.... I think a little bit out of the D would go a long way with the offense... but I don't feel there is much more the guys on the offensive lines can do to help improve the play of the D.

Well it doesn't help when Sharp has gone 8 games without a point and he's one of the highest paid players on the team. Kane also has cooled off a bit with 1 point in the past 4 games as well as Hossa. Hell, Richards has only 1 point in 8 games.

The offense needs to start clicking just as much as the defense.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I'm all in favor of a brutal, mandatory practice for everyone at this point. BBut that's just my sadistic side.

I think the gamut of problems the team has is indeed fixable, but they should have been fixed awhile ago.

A good old bag skate will do wonders for getting a teams attention.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Someone queue up dat video from Miracle.... "AGAIN!"...

Cept with Q it would be like "AGAIN... but dis time Kaner you do it twice and you move over there by Tazer and Hoss and Rundblad you can just not do it and T-Roz you jump on Crows back so you don't get tired and Seabrook you do it with Oduya and make sure he hits each line like he is supposed to and where da fuck is Bigfoot?"

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
where da fuck is Bigfoot?"

He's busy Taco Monday

1313177909802.gif

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So, rumor has it Oduya's out about 2 weeks.

On the downside, Our already-thin D-corpse...er...corps gets Callista Flockheart thin.

On the upside, it's not like we lost Kane or someone who was doing much of anything.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Not worried in the least.

Mildly concerned? Yes. The last few games (yesterday notwithstanding), they came out flying...and had nothing to show for their effort. That had to be a bit frustrating for them...like it was for us.

The switch will be turned up to 11, but that's still a while away. There has been too many games played around 5-6. THAT needs to end.