Panthers @ Blackhawks IGT 2/24 at 7:30 p.m.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
collision.gif

26-21-12, 64 points, 9th place in Eastern Conference

@

xTXv3Ig.gif

35-20-5, 75 points, 4th place in Western Conference

Puckdrop - 7:30 p.m.
TV - CSN Chicago
Radio - WGN AM 720

It's the Chicago Blackhawks vs. Blackhawks South, with Brandon Pirri, Jimmy Hayes, DAVE BOLLAND!! and more. On a related note, there will likely be some booing of Brian Campbell by bunch of fucking morons at the UC. Florida currently sits three points behind Boston for the final playoff spot in the East. No doubt that they'll be hungry for two points tonight, so another shitty effort won't be enough.

LET'S GO HAWKS!!

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am going to this game with my pops.... expect another dumpster fire

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Why would anyone boo Brian Campbell now? There some sort of recent soup recall I haven't heard of

TCD

Liked Posts:
Ekblad biiiiiitches!!! Yah!!

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Why would anyone boo Brian Campbell now? There some sort of recent soup recall I haven't heard of

I have no fucking clue. It makes no sense. He had an insane contract in Chicago but I thought he was a damn good signing for the team. More than anything else, he was a sign that the old penny-pinching ways of the Hawks were over.

I remember reading several people make the claim that he was their best defensemen in the season following the first Cup win, when Keith, Seabrook and others had a down year.

I think the Soupy moments I miss the most are his one-man zone entries on the power play, where he'd skate the puck from behind his own net, dump it at the blue line and then retrieve it himself.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Expecting a Brandon Pirri hat trick tonight, by the way.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have no fucking clue. It makes no sense. He had an insane contract in Chicago but I thought he was a damn good signing for the team. More than anything else, he was a sign that the old penny-pinching ways of the Hawks were over.

I remember reading several people make the claim that he was their best defensemen in the season following the first Cup win, when Keith, Seabrook and others had a down year.

I think the Soupy moments I miss the most are his one-man zone entries on the power play, where he'd skate the puck from behind his own net, dump it at the blue line and then retrieve it himself.

The same shit happens when Soupy dresses in San Jose.
He played around 20 games for the Sharks and those pinheads still boo him.

TCD

Liked Posts:
Yah soupy was great..fuck his nay sayers back then and now. He was important in that 2010 cup win, just as important as any other blueliner and he helped make that blueline very deep. His contract did no damage to the club despite what the arm chair gms want to believe. Bunch of fickle fans that cant appreciate shit when they are wrapped up in contracts and dollars and cents. Makes em blind to the actual game on the ice and the talents. In many ways i believe the cap system and exposure of contracts has dumbed down the hockey fan. More involved with the number games than they are about learning about the game itself. Drives me fucking crazy sometimes to be honest.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yah soupy was great..fuck his nay sayers back then and now. He was important in that 2010 cup win, just as important as any other blueliner and he helped make that blueline very deep. His contract did no damage to the club despite what the arm chair gms want to believe. Bunch of fickle fans that cant appreciate shit when they are wrapped up in contracts and dollars and cents. Makes em blind to the actual game on the ice and the talents. In many ways i believe the cap system and exposure of contracts has dumbed down the hockey fan. More involved with the number games than they are about learning about the game itself. Drives me fucking crazy sometimes to be honest.

When Ovechkin ran Soupy and injured him you saw immediately the effect he had on the ice as a D man.

TCD

Liked Posts:
When Ovechkin ran Soupy and injured him you saw immediately the effect he had on the ice as a D man.

Big time. And i think he helped mentor guys like buff and hammer at the time he was here and probably even gave seabs and keith a few little lessons on leadership on and off the ice. The guy was very valuable at the time in my opinion. Smart vet player. Yah i liked that heat he got in san jose also. That was san jose fans afraid to boo the actual guys that plumbed up in the playoffs...ie thornton and nabakov.

He also left us with some of the funniest drunken interviews after that 2010 cup win in the dressing room.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I don't know that anyone actually wanted soupy gone, just his contract, and that's not his fault, they needed the splash and he was the victim. They wouldn't be where they are today without the stability that came with him and his huge contract, it could have just as easily gone the way of Huet I guess.

TCD

Liked Posts:
Nobody says the H word around here!

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Huberdeau? why no mention of it? Scared of his performance after the potential trade talks even including some proclamations of trading him to the Hawks.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Very glad to see all the Soupy love in here. I have no idea where this disdain for him originated but it's so fucking dumb.