Derrick Rose Tears Meniscus in Right Knee 2015 (UPDATE: Out 4-6 weeks)

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Only 4-6 more weeks until the return.

attachment.php
Haven't seen you in these neck of the woods in some time.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
LOL at all the freakin Rose bashers. :smh: they can't even find something positive to say with this good news. :nope: Most of you guys are hypocrites. You make snide remarks about his comeback one moment, and ya'll will say I'll gladly eat crow........ what a joke some of you people are. I've got a novel idea, how about actually supporting your players for a change. It's like you guys would prefer he don't play, so you can say "I told you so". Fuckin pathetic.

attachment.php

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Very good news. This injury obviously wasn't that serious and he is taking the aggressive approach this time because he knows this team can get it done.

I think Rose will be back and he will play similar to the way he has all season, inconsistent but still a floor general and threat to score every time down the floor.

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
I am just going to be happy he got through surgery well. Going to hold off on being optimistic when it comes to his future though. He would shock the world if he actually came back in 4-6 weeks.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
I am just going to be happy he got through surgery well. Going to hold off on being optimistic when it comes to his future though. He would shock the world if he actually came back in 4-6 weeks.

Personally, I think it will only be a shock to the people that have been bashing him over his decision two years ago to not play in the playoffs. They were all thinking that they knew Derrick's body better than he knew his own body.

He was 23-24 back then and had a whole career ahead of him. He looked very rusty even when he did return the following year, yet people still want to criticize him for that. Selfish fans just can't let it go. Derrick has done nothing but work through now 3 knee injuries, and his own fans criticize him every chance they get.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I think gar put rose on front street

Yeah, that's what he was doing. The team seems to want everything in the open now so that there is no confusion later. And it is now well know whose fault it is if Rose isn't back within that 6 week time frame.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Very good news. This injury obviously wasn't that serious and he is taking the aggressive approach this time because he knows this team can get it done.

I think Rose will be back and he will play similar to the way he has all season, inconsistent but still a floor general and threat to score every time down the floor.

Agreed. His mere presence on the floor will open things up for everyone else. We saw all year that he doesn't have to be an MVP again & carry the load. Just keep attacking like he was before the break to set up his teammates.

And please, for the love of all things holy, STOP taking 5+ 3pt attempts per game. You're not a 3 pointer shooter Rose, so stop trying to be one. There's no shame in it. D Wade can't hit a 3 to save his life but it hasn't hurt his game over the years.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i think he will be back this year...i dont think the FO wants the fiasco they had when they said he was cleared to play then he never played....i think Rose has specifically told them he'd make it back this season

im still not optimistic about this year though....we're starting the process of Rose "working himself back" all over again

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
i think he will be back this year...i dont think the FO wants the fiasco they had when they said he was cleared to play then he never played....i think Rose has specifically told them he'd make it back this season

im still not optimistic about this year though....we're starting the process of Rose "working himself back" all over again

He's starting that process over again. It's 4-6 weeks, not months. He'll be cleared to practice in likely a week from what Gar has said. Hell the surgery took less than 15 minutes and he walked out of the office putting full weight on the leg. This is a minor set back. The mental part will be the hardest thing but from everything his teammates and coaches have said, he's in high spirits and is ready to bust his ass to be back in time for the playoffs.

Lots of players don't have their MCL or part of them and are having or had great careers. Westbrook, Wade, Blake Griffin, Ron Artest, and others. Heck Wade has played his entire career without an MCL in his right knee. You can still have a great career after this surgery. I'm just praying this is the last of the knee surgeries because seriously, what kind of a fucked up God would punish a guy like Rose over and over again but give a monumental douchebag like Lebron a free pass all the time?

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
He's starting that process over again. It's 4-6 weeks, not months. He'll be cleared to practice in likely a week from what Gar has said. Hell the surgery took less than 15 minutes and he walked out of the office putting full weight on the leg. This is a minor set back. The mental part will be the hardest thing but from everything his teammates and coaches have said, he's in high spirits and is ready to bust his ass to be back in time for the playoffs.

its certainly delaying any progress he could have made

he still hasn't worked himself back from missing 2 years so being out nearly 2 months isn't gonna help any

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
I hope when he was under he came to the realization that he is a shitty 3 point shooter.
All of those three point shots...I just don't get it. I'd much rather Derrick work his mid-range game like he used to in his first few seasons in the league. He got too distracted trying to work on his long range shot that clearly will never be consistent and forgot about his mid-range game. I get the days of Derrick Rose driving it to the hole every time the Bulls need a bucket are over, but seeing him put up 5+ three's was becoming way too common.

Personally, I think it will only be a shock to the people that have been bashing him over his decision two years ago to not play in the playoffs. They were all thinking that they knew Derrick's body better than he knew his own body.

He was 23-24 back then and had a whole career ahead of him. He looked very rusty even when he did return the following year, yet people still want to criticize him for that. Selfish fans just can't let it go. Derrick has done nothing but work through now 3 knee injuries, and his own fans criticize him every chance they get.
Derrick Rose has always garnered a lot of hate, and it baffles me. Before his knee injuries and even after his returns over the years, Derrick Rose has one of the most respectable attitudes on the court. Knee injuries like Derrick has had used to end careers. How he has handled the mental aspect of things is questionable, but hopefully he figures it out. I criticize his bad shot selection lately, but not him sitting out games.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
I'm going to buy the piece of mcl they snipped off and have him sign it, then i'm going to have it glued onto mine, drose is the man and at .75 speed is still the man

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Derrick Rose again starts rehab

Updated: February 28, 2015, 3:53 PM ET
By Nick Friedell | ESPNChicago.com

[+] Enlarge

Christian Petersen/Getty ImagesOne day after another knee surgery,
Derrick Rose is back on the road to rehabilitation.

CHICAGO -- Just one day after having a meniscectomy to repair a torn medial meniscus in his right knee, Derrick Rose was back at the Chicago Bulls' training facility on Saturday beginning his rehab process.

"He's good," Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau said. "He came in, started his rehab, it's good. "Bulls general manager Gar Forman said Friday the organization expects Rose to be back on the floor within 4-6 weeks. Thibodeau wouldn't divulge exactly what Rose was able to do, but did say the process was moving forward.

"It's just the initial steps," Thibodeau said. "But we're cautiously optimistic, he's in good spirits. He's on it, so it's good." Thibodeau did acknowledge that Rose's rehab process has already been scheduled with the help of Bulls team doctors and trainers.

"It's mapped out with the medical people," Thibodeau said. "The one thing about Derrick is he's been through a few of them. He'll follow the plan and hopefully everything goes fine".......

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This just might work out as a huge spark for the Bulls when he comes back. They still messed up by their failure to improve this team before the trading deadline, but it may be a big spark nonetheless.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
This just might work out as a huge spark for the Bulls when he comes back. They still messed up by their failure to improve this team before the trading deadline, but it may be a big spark nonetheless.

tumblr_ma1n09NVIL1qap72po1_500.gif

You made a great point....... and then ruined it with your agenda. :dunno:

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
It would be nice if he could be there for the play-offs this season. Even if it is just coming off the bench in limited minutes. It's good to hear this injury isn't as severe as his others. Lets hope camp Rose will be okay with him playing in the play-offs.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Derrick Rose has always garnered a lot of hate, and it baffles me. Before his knee injuries and even after his returns over the years, Derrick Rose has one of the most respectable attitudes on the court. Knee injuries like Derrick has had used to end careers. How he has handled the mental aspect of things is questionable, but hopefully he figures it out. I criticize his bad shot selection lately, but not him sitting out games.

'Always"? Really? Lol...don't remember that. I think the ACL injury and the Rose camp's actions caused a lot of the hate.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
'Always"? Really? Lol...don't remember that. I think the ACL injury and the Rose camp's actions caused a lot of the hate.

maybe he means from everybody and not just bulls fans

its strong opinion about Rose not deserving the MVP and also he caught allot of hate for that Miami series

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
maybe he means from everybody and not just bulls fans

its strong opinion about Rose not deserving the MVP and also he caught allot of hate for that Miami series
People thought that? I thought by the end of that season everyone was convinced Derrick was the MVP that year.