Bernstein report: Locker room issues for the Hawks

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I guess what I'm asking is if he has a drinking problem that is affecting his performance, coupled with the Rise Against thing it just doesn't look good. We're not too far removed from the drinking worries with Patrick Kane, so that's why I bring it up.

He's been in a bit of a slump lately but so has the whole team. His numbers this year (.918 SA%, 2.36 GAA) are damn near identical to his career marks (.915 SA%, 2.36 GAA). And that's playing behind a defense that has had its share of blunders this season.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Wasn't sharp the one who laid the big hit on the guy at the end of the period to cause the scrum?

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wasn't sharp the one who laid the big hit on the guy at the end of the period to cause the scrum?

Boy that sure was payback. I bet that Petrovic is still shaking in his boots from that encounter.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Boy that sure was payback. I bet that Petrovic is still shaking in his boots from that encounter.
wasn't my point really, but it's funny you say that because if you look at the replay he kinda gave him a double take and a smirk which I think is actuallly what set off the scraparooney.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
wasn't my point really, but it's funny you say that because if you look at the replay he kinda gave him a double take and a smirk which I think is actuallly what set off the scraparooney.

Yeah, I know it wasn't your point, I just wish when Kane got hurt - or Toews when Orpik hit him - they'd at least be called out by one of our players. Bickell had some nice crunching hits on other players after the hit, but none on Petrovic. Bickell or Shaw or Sharp or Seabs could've at least called him out.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Remember what happened after Hossa got railroaded: Bollig looks for some justified frontier justice, Torres felt his menses run down his leg and turtled, Bollig got a 2, a 5, and a 10 and the 'hawks had to kill off 7 minutes with nothing to the coyotes.

Unless the player in question is Probert or Hextall-esque and isn't going to let something as trivial as a linesman holding him back pummel the snot out of a cheapshot artist, challenging the opponent might not be in the 'hawks best interest--especially when the Dept. of Player Safety screws the call up.

Granted, my frosted side is kinda hoping Car-bomb leans into the strike zone and takes one for the team next game....but that's just the testosterone talking ;).

Variable

Liked Posts:
All of it is moot unless they have access to time travel.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
All of it is moot unless they have access to time travel.

Profound shit, buddy, as per usual. ...and life may be a subjective illusion that exists in me gulliver.

However, Hawks do have time to travel to Florida tomorrow. Petrovic should be in the line-up.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
At this point, I don't give a fuck. I hope someone gets a good run at Petrovic.

TCD

Liked Posts:
At this point, I don't give a fuck. I hope someone gets a good run at Petrovic.

Hello Seabrook...wakie wakie Petrovic.

I bet both Seabs and Keith will make life hard on him. Keith with a few of his nice greasy elbows and Seabs with a nice little wait for the ample spot to bury his head into the glass. :)

HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY!!

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Except the fucker plays defense. Not very often you see defense on defense crime... :lol:

My guess is...the Hawks do nothing.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
Except the fucker plays defense. Not very often you see defense on defense crime... :lol:

My guess is...the Hawks do nothing.

They'll do something about it, albeit ostensibly. Some minor pushing and shoving would be my guess. I know emotions and all can come into play, but the Hawks don't have anything to gain by going after Petrovic. Plus they're just not that kind of team, outside of the obvious exceptions.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
As far as Bernstein goes, I listened from 4:00-4:45 today. Without going into too much he repeatedly said that if Sharp were gone, the lockerroom would probably improve.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
As far as Bernstein goes, I listened from 4:00-4:45 today. Without going into too much he repeatedly said that if Sharp were gone, the lockerroom would probably improve.

Due to his contract, his age, and the Hawks salary cap situation, that's probably going to happen this summer anyway.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
All he knows how to do is latch onto a player he dislikes and smear them. He knows nothing of the dynamics of the Hawks' locker room. Only the guys in the room know that. I have a really hard time believing Sharp has an ongoing beef with anyone but the coaching staff.