Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The issue with signing Nate is that it leaves them with two undersized guards. That could be a problem with matchups.

He would be insane tho, provide the city with some relief.
Matchups...who cares anymore? Nate can fire this team up just as well as anyone. Our chances are slim anyway and he gives us the best chance at hitting that chance.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I'm leaning towards sticking with Moore. I'd like to see what he can do with the starters in a traditional PG role more than a two-combo lineup.

Of the list, Kendall Marshall has enough untapped potential to temp me, if I had a video game controller and felt like adding a late season project with future intention.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Matchups...who cares anymore? Nate can fire this team up just as well as anyone. Our chances are slim anyway and he gives us the best chance at hitting that chance.
Yeah, I just became a Western Conference fan again.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm leaning towards sticking with Moore. I'd like to see what he can do with the starters in a traditional PG role more than a two-combo lineup.

Of the list, Kendall Marshall has enough untapped potential to temp me, if I had a video game controller and felt like adding a late season project with future intention.
Only thing is Kendall Marshall can't score...he can certainly dish it though. Would be an interesting change of pace.

Liked Posts:
I think GarPax will jump on him myself. He would definitely bring some toughness, and hope that we can still compete in the playoffs. How can anyone forget this:

[video=youtube;xmGa2jEbdU8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmGa2jEbdU8[/video]

SIGN NATE! SIGN NATE! SIGN NATE! SIGN NATE! SIGN NATE!

I wouldn't hate it if it was Nate. If Paxon is going to gift Hinrich 3+ million dollars in an act of self felatio, I'm not going to feel bad if they bring in Nate even if I question the wisdom and am living in 2013.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Only thing is Kendall Marshall can't score...he can certainly dish it though. Would be an interesting change of pace.

Provide parity to our offensive scheme of playing our PGs into the ground.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't hate it if it was Nate. If Paxon is going to gift Hinrich 3+ million dollars in an act of self felatio, I'm not going to feel bad if they bring in Nate even if I question the wisdom and am living in 2013.

Nate's an NFL CB. He brings more toughness than anyone we have, imo. Plus, the Bulls and Nate had a mini Love affair a couple years ago. They have a bond, and it could bring some confidence to the Bulls after losing Rose, imo. We still have Moore as well.

Liked Posts:
You neglected to mention that Nate has equity with the fans.

Btw-ironically, I was at Michael Jordan's on Mich Ave when Nate had that huge game. It's hard to not love guys who have put it on the line for your team even when you know it may not happen again.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You neglected to mention that Nate has equity with the fans.

Btw-ironically, I was at Michael Jordan's on Mich Ave when Nate had that huge game. It's hard to not love guys who have put it on the line for your team even when you know it may not happen again.
Fans will never question Nate's attitude, that's for sure

Liked Posts:
Nate was the reason the 2013 season was even relevant, I'd love to bring him back

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With a better Butler and a better team of scorers, I'd rather see a PG that can get them the ball and has worked with this team. Thats Moore right now.... so Sign Nate to be the bench guy, have him practice with the 2's before putting him in games for a few weeks (You know unless there is Foul trouble...) Brooks can run point until he gets set with the back ups.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
With a better Butler and a better team of scorers, I'd rather see a PG that can get them the ball and has worked with this team. Thats Moore right now.... so Sign Nate to be the bench guy, have him practice with the 2's before putting him in games for a few weeks (You know unless there is Foul trouble...) Brooks can run point until he gets set with the back ups.
That's actually a solid point. The Bulls don't really need a scoring PG. Brooks already fills that role.

The thing is I think Nate can actually run the point, while Brooks hasn't really shown he can run the point.

beardownboilerup85

Liked Posts:
I didn't realize that Nate was available. To me, it's a no brainer if so! Doesn't that mean that he would qualify for the playoffs too since he's unsigned?

He is coming off of that acl injury, not sure is he is 100%.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I say we get rondo this summer. I hate rondo but we need to think of a post rose era.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Of that list, I'd take Farmar.

But I'd get ready for some Mike James action.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
According to bleacher report, Farmar just signed a deal in Turkey

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Not to belabor the point, but let's just take a look at the Dragic thing again:

He wanted out of Phoenix because the offense wasn't running enough through him, so he gets traded to Miami. Now I ask: who or what exactly would the Bulls have given up to get Dragic? Dragic coming to the Bulls, before the Rose injury would have meant he essentially was put into the same situation he was in with Phoenix. Never mind the fact that there was no assurance he would have signed long-term with the Bulls at the end of the season.

So now, let's say the Bulls actually did trade for Dragic, and this happens to Rose. You don't think Dragic and his agent are licking their chops to see the amount of money they could get from the Bulls? Between what he could have gotten, plus the Rose contract how much cap flexibility do you leave yourself to sign somebody like Butler long term?

Pining for Dragic, and calling GarPax idiots for that isn't even short-sided. It's just flat out fucking dumb.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Not to belabor the point, but let's just take a look at the Dragic thing again:

He wanted out of Phoenix because the offense wasn't running enough through him, so he gets traded to Miami. Now I ask: who or what exactly would the Bulls have given up to get Dragic? Dragic coming to the Bulls, before the Rose injury would have meant he essentially was put into the same situation he was in with Phoenix. Never mind the fact that there was no assurance he would have signed long-term with the Bulls at the end of the season.

So now, let's say the Bulls actually did trade for Dragic, and this happens to Rose. You don't think Dragic and his agent are licking their chops to see the amount of money they could get from the Bulls? Between what he could have gotten, plus the Rose contract how much cap flexibility do you leave yourself to sign somebody like Butler long term?

Pining for Dragic, and calling GarPax idiots for that isn't even short-sided. It's just flat out fucking dumb.
People don't understand the NBA salary cap and how the business aspect of the NBA works often. They think this is a video game where they can just go out and get anyone and use the trade override feature. It's also stupid to think a team that already has a solid PG is going to trade for a solid PG, especially when that PG wants to be the focal point of the offense.

A realistic trade for Dragic could have been Taj and 2 future firsts for Dragic, and salaries would have matched up. However given that Dragic could balk at re-signing in the offseason, that alone makes me thing GarPax would never pull that trigger. You also bring up a good point of Dragic could get a big contract out of Chicago by playing well in Rose's absence... putting them in more of a pickle. Butler gets re-signed regardless though.